Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 27-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Suspended
Affirmations - anything that shows connection and resonates feeling with the heart/soul.
Old 27-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Administrator
Hello

Many times an affirmation does not work as we are not stating it in the way the Universe will hear us and we can get what is needed.

Too many times we want what is "too big" so we do not get it. Examples are like I want to win the Lotto, when really a part of the prize would do us well.

The best example I know from an affirmation working was a young friend of mine heading to school. He needed a computer with "specific" software on it but he lacked funds for one. He tried every affirmation out there and nothing came back.

So when I asked him how he was putting it he said "I need a NEW computer with......on it." I instantly picked up on the word "new" and said does it have to be factory new ???? No of course not it needed to work and have the software on it he needed.

He re did the affirmation and put out there "I need a computer for school that has ..... software on it". The next day his Uncle said to him I have a lap top that is 2 years old that has all the software on it....do you want it ? His Uncle kept hearing him say "NEW NEW NEW" and did not offer up the old one he had, when he heard "I just need a laptop with.... software" then he offered it up.

We at times do not understand a "need" is different from a "want" that at times used will do instead of new. We have to understand that we all can get what we need from life, we just have to not be "greedy".

I do a lot of readings and look at the blocks that hold us back in life. Many times what we need is right there in front of us but we miss it as we "want" more that is ready for us.

Lynn
Old 27-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
...Once again, an affirmation is not about words. Thoughts/intentions/feelings are more subtle than words. The REAL affirmation is on a very subtle soul level that most people simply do not perceive. If there is someone here who understands this unconventional way of perceiving affirmations, I would love to speak with such a person. To affirm is to demonstrate, and by this understanding ALL ACTIONS are indeed affirmative, meaning that all actions are literally affirmations.

This is only difficult to understand for those who cling to their narrow, unoriginal definitions and perceptions of such things, in this case: affirmations. By broadening one's understanding of this subject (or any subject), fresh new light may be shed upon it.

I enjoy offering broad, out-of-the-box perspectives about many subjects. It is largely what I do in this community.

I think I understand what you are describing. Though when I am in those states it is as if the doer and the action become one. So there is little space for words to describe, only to direct. Action such as this is affirmation of spirit within expressing itself.

There are the words, then there is the story behind the words, then there is the storyteller, then there is the higher aspects giving life to the storyteller.

To me the most common reason why affirmations do not work for people is they are unaware of their unconscious thoughts/intentions/feelings that are overriding their creativity. The only way to get to creativity is to silence the mind and listen. Only then do you have some perspective where you have something new to offer the conversation. Without listening first you can only react unconsciously to what already is so nothing new gets created. Even the laws of physics demand that you pay attention in order to operate constructively in the physical world.

Most commonly I see actions as effects, not cause, where actions are reactions to the outside world as precipitation of what energy is already operating in the thoughts/intentions feelings. The exception to this is when spirit/mind/body are in alignment in which case the higher intention flows easily through the mind which in turn directs the body into action that is in complete alignment with the spirit.
Old 27-05-2017, 06:29 PM
Knower

Don't let it get to ya', disconnected. If it were really so easy, if the universe really had a polite ear waiting heed our every demand, and if the collective unconsciousness of humankind was some kind of wishing well, we'd all be gods lounging in infinite splendor.

And don't even get me started on the rubbish people use to justify the thought process when they're forced to admit nobody's really getting any wishes granted: that the affirmation is somehow necessary or different from simply having a good attitude and giving your all. What a load.

You're doing the right thing, shedding skins that don't really fit.
Old 27-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Many times an affirmation does not work as we are not stating it in the way the Universe will hear us and we can get what is needed.

Too many times we want what is "too big" so we do not get it. Examples are like I want to win the Lotto, when really a part of the prize would do us well.
The best example I know from an affirmation working was a young friend of mine heading to school. He needed a computer with "specific" software on it but he lacked funds for one. He tried every affirmation out there and nothing came back.
So when I asked him how he was putting it he said "I need a NEW computer with......on it." I instantly picked up on the word "new" and said does it have to be factory new ???? No of course not it needed to work and have the software on it he needed.
He re did the affirmation and put out there "I need a computer for school that has ..... software on it". The next day his Uncle said to him I have a lap top that is 2 years old that has all the software on it....do you want it ? His Uncle kept hearing him say "NEW NEW NEW" and did not offer up the old one he had, when he heard "I just need a laptop with.... software" then he offered it up.
We at times do not understand a "need" is different from a "want" that at times used will do instead of new. We have to understand that we all can get what we need from life, we just have to not be "greedy".
I do a lot of readings and look at the blocks that hold us back in life. Many times what we need is right there in front of us but we miss it as we "want" more that is ready for us.
Lynn
I love that story with your friend and his uncle, a great example that the universe knows what exactly it is we really need for our best as opposed to simply what we may want.

My own recent example is I am starting a new job and the first thing on the list of things I felt I needed is a big plaster wall art piece for around 25 to 40 dollars, last night after I had went to the local dollar store I realized what I picked up there, a red white and blue fabric like butterfly one could hang would be a perfect wall center piece for above my bed on the wall. So after a few experimental placing of things I bought previously I have a magnificent looking wall piece and instead of one big rectangle plaster piece what I currently have has much more dimension to it and goes with the blue and red pillows on my bed like I had wanted and has all the blue color I wanted within the whole piece and picture.

I couldn't have asked for a better looking piece than what I currently have because I received the creative idea to try it. And, instead of around 25-45 dollars for a simple rectangle plaster wall art piece, most the pieces I used were from the local dollar store, the entire set up when added up only cost 17 dollars. Under 20 bucks.

I am very happy with it and like to think the universe in response to what I wanted to manifest and my affirmation stated- Well don't spend an arm and a leg!

Blessings all.
Old 27-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Not only do I believe it, I practice it and know it works well for me, every day.

Old 28-05-2017, 02:07 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Welcome to Spiritual Forums.

My friend, what is "pointless" (and hilarious) is outright telling people in a forum category about Affirmations to not use them, when it is certain that almost 100% of the people who generally post in this category have a great interest in them, and also that your message is self-contradictory,

Because you just used an affirmation yourself; you affirmed something that you feel is true (to some degree), that being "Affirmations don't work, it's pointless."

An affirmation, at its root, is simply a statement of belief/conviction, or something that is wanted. People affirm all the time, whether one realizes it or not.

When someone says, "I love you," that is an affirmation. When someone simply thinks something to be true, or something that they desire, this is an affirmation." For example, when a person thinks or feels, "I would like a new car," that is an affirmation.

Affirmations work 100%, but not how you and many people assume they would or should work. They are really intended to give a person a feeling, and that is what thoughts do, we have feeling-responses to our thoughts, and thoughts are indeed energy.

Affirmations work by helping people focus their energy on what they desire. They set forces into motion. Thought, desire, belief and feeling are connected, are forms of energy.

Of course, taking physical action is a valid part of the manifestation process. However, most people do not realize that the act of thinking thoughts is also a subtle form of action. This is a scientific fact, that thinking thoughts is something that affects brain chemistry, as well as the entire body system.

You said:

You're right, it explains itself, and it also explains what you essentially did yourself with your assertion that "Affirmations don't work," which is something that you asserted to be true, as well as your similar assertion, "It's pointless," which you also asserted to be true.

You're doing a fantastic job of proving how effective affirmations can be:

Your assumption that they "don't work" is giving you a perception, a world-view, that shows you "proof" that they "don't work."

i am completetly agree on this , one more point i want to add , affirmation work in two manner actually
1 - when one affirm something and mind take is it need to be-then mind work accordingly to get what one desire or affirm.
2- when one affirm something and mind take it like this -this has been accomplished , there is no need to get it again , then mind dont stimulate body and other related thoughts to get that.

one must understand how it's mind is taking affirmation ,and change affirmation statement accordingly .
Old 28-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I didn't literally say that we demonstrate the subconscious.

And what I'm saying is that that is what it takes for an affirmation to work.

Quote:
The REAL affirmation is on a very subtle soul level that most people simply do not perceive.

Then I wouldn't call it affirmation. It's entering the area of semantics which I'm fine to disagree with, but affirmation is usually associated with action and words. Like I said, those are great tools but if they can't get to your 'very subtle soul level' then it won't work. The same often goes for negative affirmations.

The inner soul has a life of its own. Sometimes it even goes against our 'ego' feelings and desires. Sometimes, simply outwardly believing in an affirmation is not enough. I don't have the authority to separate anyone else's real from unreal except my own - and ultimately I don't want to. But there will inevitably be a chrysalis in anyone's spiritual path when the ego and spirit merges. This is true even for non spiritual people, and who's to say the original poster is not going through one? Everyone is guided, even those who don't seem to be. That is all I wanted to say.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:18 AM
Master
All I know is that if something just wasn't meant to be according to your karma, no amount of affirming it to be so is going to make it so. Thus, I don't know how far I am willing to believe in this when karma says otherwise.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Newbie ;)

If it's not something you are relating to, believing in, and resonating with, it probably won't work, you'll know when you get that nice feeling, i suggest people write their own affirmations in positive clear wording that makes sense to them and record them in their own voice.