Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 13-02-2013, 02:02 PM
partofme

Imagination or Confirmation?

Here is my example...

Replied on a post over at the missing persons forum on Monday night. Woke up to the clock 5:55. either yesterday or this morning (still havent had the proper amount of caffeine today to recall for sure since this number stuff happens to be ALL the time mixed with a horrible memory at times)

Never the less, was at work ( I work in a school cafeteria, states and capitals cookies were offered as a desert in observance of Lincolns bday ) and was in the middle of scraping stuff in the disposal when I happen to look down at just the right time and see a cookie with the state and capitol (where this woman went missing) full cookie flipped over going down the shoot.

To me, that was a sign. It could of been any other that I would of paid attention to, it wasnt bitten, broken... now for those of you that dont think Ive completely fallen off my rocker. Please give me your take as to how signs play a role in confirming information that one receives.

Is it in those small instances to look for for validation? Is this how this works? Seems to me the signs are so simple to see. Now if only life could be so simple....lol.
Old 13-02-2013, 11:58 PM
partofme

ok, taking the lack of response as "Im just plain nuts".. Confirmation not in the way I expected.
Old 14-02-2013, 12:16 AM
amy green

partofme - sounds to me like you were predisposed/primed to notice that particular capital. It was probably in the back of your mind so it "jumped" out at you when you saw it. How was this more than coincidence anyway? Do you know the capitals on all the other cookies, i.e. was there only one cookie with this capital?

To be more than coincidence, i.e. synchronicity, characteristically it would have needed to be meaningful. It didn't lead anywhere so I doubt that it was more than coincidence.
Old 14-02-2013, 03:49 AM
partofme

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
How was this more than coincidence anyway? Do you know the capitals on all the other cookies, i.e. was there only one cookie with this capital?

To be more than coincidence, i.e. synchronicity, characteristically it would have needed to be meaningful. It didn't lead anywhere so I doubt that it was more than coincidence.

Im not sure I follow your response....but thank you for it. I guess it to be more than coincidence just by it sticking out like it did the day after posting my thoughts in her case. Im sure that there may have been more but the job is so fast paced most of the time I hardly have time to notice.
The meaningfulness behind it is that it was the exact location in which this woman went missing, I suppose.

Since then I have gotten 1:11, 4:44 and 8.88 just today alone.
Old 27-02-2013, 04:16 AM
cMarie

Well I think if you noticed it and it made an impression on you then it was synchronicity. Seeing the cookie brought the woman to mind, although I am not sure what the signifigance was, but perhaps you will see that in the future, know what I mean?
I personally don't believe in coincidences though, so you may need to take that into account. Hope this helps. And I don't think you're crazy at all! :)