Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 16-01-2012, 02:20 AM
Deactivated Account

Question A ghost, a guide or what?

One "night" around 4 AM (a few months ago) I woke up as I do several times in a night, and I am always afraid of the dark, so I was trying to fall back to sleep and I heard some small noise in my closet (walk-in closet that leads to the bathroom) can't say exactly what so I turned the TV on to help me calm down, I was half-asleep and half-awake, I guess that moment where you are in "both worlds" at the same time, and I felt as if someone put their hand lightly on my upper-arm. I always sleep on my side, hugging a cushion so my right arm was "upside" and covered by my blanket.

I got scared (startled you could say), so I jumped out of the bed immediately, I know a positive entity only brings good feelings, but it was more of the fear you get when you are falling asleep and someone suddenly touches you. Besides I am such a coward, everything scares me, it could be my uncle's spirit (who was like a father to me) in front of me and I would faint out of shock.

It wasn't hard or violent, it was a gentle touch, like a hand placed upon my arm...

Thoughts?
Old 16-01-2012, 02:34 AM
thesongbirdsaresinging

Well honestly there's no way to tell. It might have been your imagination due to the fear you had from hearing the noise in your closet. I often feel or hear weird things right when I'm about to sleep and I jump up. I've never thought of is as a supernatural experience.
Old 16-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Experiencer
As above poster said who is to know for sure. Do you often feel someone is in the room? or was this a one off occurance? Maybe buy yourself an amethyst crystal and put that by your bed. Whenever you feel scared, call on your angels for protection. Thank them for watching over you and protecting you at night, you have nothing to fear.
Old 16-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Maiya

The thing with these type of experiences is that the more afraid and upset you become the more frightening the ‘event’ becomes. The best way to deal with these things is to remain calm knowing that ‘it’ mirrors your fears because ‘it‘ comes from you. There is nothing there. You are creating the thing that is scaring you. Take a deep breath and, instead of wondering what’s there, tell yourself that there is nothing there. Take control of you mind/imagination and see for yourself that there is nothing there.
Old 16-01-2012, 03:30 PM
mattie

Spot On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiya
The thing with these type of experiences is that the more afraid and upset you become the more frightening the ‘event’ becomes. The best way to deal with these things is to remain calm knowing that ‘it’ mirrors your fears because ‘it‘ comes from you. ...

If the contact is from a being that isn't benevolent you can easily deal w/ it.

Have no fear & enjoy exploring. The real issue to deal w/ is the underlying fear.
Old 16-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
One "night" around 4 AM (a few months ago) I woke up as I do several times in a night, and I am always afraid of the dark, so I was trying to fall back to sleep and I heard some small noise in my closet (walk-in closet that leads to the bathroom) can't say exactly what so I turned the TV on to help me calm down, I was half-asleep and half-awake, I guess that moment where you are in "both worlds" at the same time, and I felt as if someone put their hand lightly on my upper-arm. I always sleep on my side, hugging a cushion so my right arm was "upside" and covered by my blanket.

I got scared (startled you could say), so I jumped out of the bed immediately, I know a positive entity only brings good feelings, but it was more of the fear you get when you are falling asleep and someone suddenly touches you. Besides I am such a coward, everything scares me, it could be my uncle's spirit (who was like a father to me) in front of me and I would faint out of shock.

It wasn't hard or violent, it was a gentle touch, like a hand placed upon my arm...

Thoughts?

I think that what happened to you would be more likely the visitation of a departed loved one. Because from what you described there is really nothing negative. I am not a medium unfortunately...so I get my knowledge from what I read and what I experience but cannot "see" into what happened to you...Still, I have in the past experienced presence of negative entities and I can tell you that they were neither gentle nor nice...once I was sleeping and I was awaken during the night by being literally "grabbed harshly" by the arm! Like someone pulled on my arm with an iron fist, it hurt and woke me up...Of course when I turned on the light there was nothing...but I know what I felt and it was real. Another example was when "negative entities" had a lot of fun scarring me (at the time I was a lot younger, my early teens), they played with the lights, driving me nuts, turning them off several times, when I had them on (knowing that back then, I was terrified of the dark and didn't know anything about spirits), “they” chose a day when my parents were not there...I was all alone and tried to be brave. But the darkening of the staircase, the "on and off" (as "they" turned the lights off and I was turning them back on) was awful! Next, day we had the switches and wiring of the staircase checked but all was in mint condition!...
But your experience doesn't sound anything like what had happened to me. Really, for me it is very much likely that your uncle (as he was like a dad to you) or another very close loved one came to visit you from the other side. Here is what Sylvia Browne says in her book about the spirit of our departed loved ones:

"....they're especially active between the hours of 1:00am and 5:00 am...." "...eager for us to recognize exactly who they are which means.....they'll offer a light touch to our hair or the back of our neck, or our shoulder..... The possibilities are as limitless as the imaginations of our loved ones themselves, and all we have to do is to be receptive and pay attention."

If you can borrow " Visits from the afterlife - the truth about hauntings, spirits, and reunions with lost loved ones " by Sylvia Browne from your library or purchase it that would probably help you. In this book she also adds experiences from her readers and she explains what happened to them and give advices. It is a very good book that explains a lot and will help you cast your fears away. Fear is mostly the result of the unknown, not knowing, not seeing can be frightening...like kids can be afraid of the thunder until they learn about it and grasp the concept of what is happening, what create that big noise and the thunder becomes just as natural as the rain...and then there’s nothing spooky about it anymore...

Hope I have helped you, made you feel better

Peace

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Master Yeshua)
Old 16-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Master
Suika--

It's interesting you mention a visitation by your favorite uncle at the same time as this experience. I know you were explaining why you were afraid--but it might be something to pay attention to.

Perhaps your subconscious knows it was your uncle? Something to consider. But as other posters are saying, fear is a problem regardless of the kind of visitor you have. It is a sort of normal reaction, but see if you can find a way to bring down light at those times. Just imagine whatever light color is most soothing to you through your crown. Or imagine it expanding out from your heart--filling the space. It will calm you and balance your perceptions.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 20-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Deactivated Account

@thesongbirdsaresinging and @Maiya: Well I have a very good imagination, but not when it comes to feeling being touched by someone/something or hearing things...It was the first time in my life something like that happened to me!

Maiya, I love your signature, it reminds me of...me!

@Maynah: Feeling someone is touching me, was the first time in my life, feeling someone in the room happened to me before this approximately five years ago, I was trying to sleep and felt someone standing by my bed, so I opened my eyes thinking it was one of my dogs, but no one was there, I said "Oh come, let me sleep!".
But after posting this thread in the middle of the day I was in my mom's room lying on her bed and felt someone with me, so I tried to concentrate on how it made me feel, and since it didn't scare me I just continued to lie there.

Thank you for your advice, I had an amethyst raw crystal and a bracelet made of tiny pieces of amethyst, but gave them to my mom yesterday, because I read in "The Crystal Bible" that those who suffer from paranoia should not use it...

@mattie: Thanks! I always enjoy your links, I haven't been able to read these yet, but I saved it in the favorites menu to give them a proper reading later!
Old 20-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalimar
I think that what happened to you would be more likely the visitation of a departed loved one. Because from what you described there is really nothing negative. I am not a medium unfortunately...so I get my knowledge from what I read and what I experience but cannot "see" into what happened to you...Still, I have in the past experienced presence of negative entities and I can tell you that they were neither gentle nor nice...once I was sleeping and I was awaken during the night by being literally "grabbed harshly" by the arm! Like someone pulled on my arm with an iron fist, it hurt and woke me up...Of course when I turned on the light there was nothing...but I know what I felt and it was real. Another example was when "negative entities" had a lot of fun scarring me (at the time I was a lot younger, my early teens), they played with the lights, driving me nuts, turning them off several times, when I had them on (knowing that back then, I was terrified of the dark and didn't know anything about spirits), “they” chose a day when my parents were not there...I was all alone and tried to be brave. But the darkening of the staircase, the "on and off" (as "they" turned the lights off and I was turning them back on) was awful! Next, day we had the switches and wiring of the staircase checked but all was in mint condition!...
But your experience doesn't sound anything like what had happened to me. Really, for me it is very much likely that your uncle (as he was like a dad to you) or another very close loved one came to visit you from the other side. Here is what Sylvia Browne says in her book about the spirit of our departed loved ones:

"....they're especially active between the hours of 1:00am and 5:00 am...." "...eager for us to recognize exactly who they are which means.....they'll offer a light touch to our hair or the back of our neck, or our shoulder..... The possibilities are as limitless as the imaginations of our loved ones themselves, and all we have to do is to be receptive and pay attention."

If you can borrow " Visits from the afterlife - the truth about hauntings, spirits, and reunions with lost loved ones " by Sylvia Browne from your library or purchase it that would probably help you. In this book she also adds experiences from her readers and she explains what happened to them and give advices. It is a very good book that explains a lot and will help you cast your fears away. Fear is mostly the result of the unknown, not knowing, not seeing can be frightening...like kids can be afraid of the thunder until they learn about it and grasp the concept of what is happening, what create that big noise and the thunder becomes just as natural as the rain...and then there’s nothing spooky about it anymore...

Hope I have helped you, made you feel better

Peace

Thank you, it does make me feel better! I can't imagine how I would deal with a situation like yours, I was just watching Paranormal Activity 3, and I jumped at least five times, and that is a movie, going through that in real life would be too much for me!

Well, I hope it was my uncle, because I couldn't see him for five years before he died, so we only could be together after so long with him in a coffin... :( I always tell him to please come and say goodbye to me, I always add "but do it in a dream!!!"

I looked on the book you recommend on Amazon, and although some people have not very nice to say about it and her, because you recommended it to me I will give it a read, only I have to wait a while to order it, because I've spent too much money this month!

My aunt says after my uncle died she felt him lying on the bed next to her and hugging her, it could have been also my grandpa, but she says it was my uncle very certain of it. When I had my palm read (the first and only time) the first thing the guy told me was "You have two persons who watch over you from the Spirit Realm". If it was indeed my uncle I just wish he does it because he wishes to, and not because he's stuck in our plane.

Oh, I am ashamed to say that I am one of those who still are afraid of thunder!! Sometimes I run to my mom's room looking for shelter! God, I am almost 30! hahaha

Merci!
Old 20-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Suika--

It's interesting you mention a visitation by your favorite uncle at the same time as this experience. I know you were explaining why you were afraid--but it might be something to pay attention to.

Perhaps your subconscious knows it was your uncle? Something to consider. But as other posters are saying, fear is a problem regardless of the kind of visitor you have. It is a sort of normal reaction, but see if you can find a way to bring down light at those times. Just imagine whatever light color is most soothing to you through your crown. Or imagine it expanding out from your heart--filling the space. It will calm you and balance your perceptions.

IsleWalker - Lora

Well I loved him as a father and he loved me as a daughter, so it would make sense for him to come and visit me, they told me long ago my grandpa watched over me, but I've only seen him in dreams (just twice which I believe were real, not just a dream) and he passed away six years before my uncle and never did I feel something like it.

Thank you, I will try out your advice if it ever happens to me again!