Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 25-10-2011, 01:18 AM
butterflyluv

I received my attunements all distantly and they definetly work!!
Old 25-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Administrator
Hello

I have successfully done a Attunement via IM ( Inststand Messanger ) and the individual is very happy and there has been a nice shift in their energy. Acutally in life in gerneral one reports feeling way more calm and acceting of self.

Lynn
Old 25-10-2011, 03:14 AM
pre-dawn

All attunements are ultimately self-attunements. There are 2 reasons for this. The teacher cannot change you, only you can, and the attunement needs to be maintained. While Reiki 'energy' is always everywhere, our alignment with this 'energy' is subject to the usual factors of decay and disintegration. This alignment needs to be managed until it becomes second nature and has embodied itself. This takes years.

The benefit of a having a teacher is to get the philosophical background on which Reiki is based, which makes it easier to maintain one's attunement. However, from what I see on the internet there seems to be only a few people who have grasped the 'idea' of Reiki with all its implications.

Having a person performing the attunement process in front of you also makes it easier for the student to believe that they are attuned, but it says little about their actual attunement.

Of course, Reiki over the internet is talked about in derogatory terms, often by people who have no idea about what it involves and are interpreting everything in a conventional sense (which BTW would be very un-Reiki'ish).

To give you an example, the "You can be a Reiki master in 48 hours" offering. People think that this refers to 48 clock hours. I have had the privilege to look at the teaching material and there is no way one could work through this in 48 clock hours. Therefore, it must refer to a minimum 48 study hours, which is more time than most people spend learning Reiki in a class setting. I also know that the follow up is superb.
Other internet offerings may be in a similar vein.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:48 PM
philji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
No matter what you pay ......no certification is needed to channel Divine Energy.

I have met Reiki Masters who had no ability to heal at all. Who were to consumed by Judgment, for the Divine to FLOW freely. Seek your own DIRECT connection to the Divine and you will not need pay a dime to anyone. A Heart filled with simplicity and Love is worth more to the Creative Force then 1 Million certified Masters of No-thing.

Trust in the Divine , Trust in Self.......

I agree. We all have an ability to heal and there are ways through prayer and mantra and many more that enable us to be instruments of the divine Shakti... Just tune in....
Old 14-11-2011, 05:37 PM
vulkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoAmber
I have been attuned to reiki level II. I have been wanting to become a reiki master but hate that it costs so much. I also dont really think it's fair that a gift that someone is sharing with the world has such a high price tag.

Does anyone else feel this frustration when it comes to reiki?

When I am able to become a master and pass the symbols I am certain that I will not charge this much to share this healing love with others.
The concept of Reiki 'master' is a misnomer, master implies mastery of a subject. One can not attain mastery by paying a fee and learning a couple of extra symbols. I am Lv2 like most ppl, have studied and practiced for 20+ years I have no interest in Lv3. The other least talked about subject is that Lv2 can do everything a Lv3 can do, all that is different is your given the 'master' symbol. This does not mean you have attained master though, it means you have attained a key. Dr Usui was not taught by human methods nor did he perform Reiki using symbols as we do today.
Modern Reiki is a construct.
The whole point of charging a high price is to keep 'unfit' individuals out of the stream. It also is an Eastern concept similar to tything. The cost is irrelevant, what is relevant is your dedication to the art.
Old 14-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Administrator
Hello

I struggle with the "term" master but too its is a common word used now days lost much of the power standing it once had.

I honestly feel that if one is NOT fit to do the art of Reiki that no matter what one is given in symbols or payed for the teachings it will NOT serve them in any possitive way. It is through one's intentions that one does healing work.....and if those intentions are wrong Guides I feel do shut one down.

For me the desire to have "certification" was one of pure intentions.....so that I could cover places insurance requirements that I had some trainning background and I had taken on the expense and time to learn what I was doing . YES it comes from me in the higest good that I hold in me very Soul and I know well if I was not using it so Karma has a bite to it. I wanted to be certified as I have been asked over the year's to help one's in their finaly hours of life....in bringing in maybe some peace but the Hospice House wanted certification from me. So not a big deal I honoured that and did the certifications. I must admit there was a great shift in me. I feel it was a blessing I was given. Being a Medium I can add that comfort that there is someone there for them waiting when one goes.

Lynn
Old 16-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Mantra

Book1

Hi there you all!!

Well, what I think about self attunements is, that it doen´t work unless someone has stored that attunement for you into "the cosmic healing bank" and that way, you may call that Attunement down to you at your own spare time, now That will work!!

Secondly,... about Reiki being too co$tly! That I find truthful too but there´s an alternative to that cost problem and that would be, to get yourself attuned into to for Free of charge or another solution would be, to get yourself attuned into Kundalini-Reiki because it´s first degree or Level 1 is as strong as all of the Usui Reiki Levels together with the masters included

and thirdly, once you are in K-Reiki attuned, you may just as well use the Usui Symbols in it, and That works perfectly too!

I´ve attuned my mother into K-Reiki and then I´ve told her that I´d be getting myself also additionaly attuned into Usui Reiki, showing to her the Reiki symbols, drawing them down for her.

On the next occasion with´ve meet, she said, that she also used the Reiki symbols with and without the K-Reiki energy by just drawing them into the air with her Hand palm, because that´s the way it´s done and not with the finger/s, but you may do it the way you think it may best work for you.

So that means, that Usui Reiki isn´t anymore so expensive for one as long as one gets attuned into K-Reiki and as long as one knows how the Usui Reiki symbols are to be drawn in the air, everything´s fine.

You may even get yourself attuned into Kundalini Reiki, Gold Reiki, Ethereal Crystals and Tacyon Reiki - all at no cost - and some of the best, most informative books and ebooks around.
Site: "xehupatl.com"

That site seems to be for now under constructione but at least I´ve got my Attunements from that site free of charge and there are a few more other sites on the internet, when you ask the right questiones, you´ll find the right sites!
Old 24-11-2011, 12:12 AM
vulkus

Every other version of Reiki IMO is naught but a construct of human interference and pollution of the original stream.
Reiki by its very nature, already works with and on all chakral levels. In all energy mediums. There is no need for an outside agency such as humanity to further pollute it by adding extra terms, other directions.

But it is human nature to want to 'own' something, to put your mark on it.
I could by this reasoning, add esoterica to the mix, and a bit of mediumship and come up with the name Nocturna Reiki. It would be just as false IMO as every other polluted stream.
Old 24-11-2011, 05:08 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulkus
But it is human nature to want to 'own' something, to put your mark on it.
I could by this reasoning, add esoterica to the mix, and a bit of mediumship and come up with the name Nocturna Reiki. It would be just as false IMO as every other polluted stream.
If it is human nature then should one not accommodate it?

Isn't the question really whether the add on really adds something useful rather than something detracting to the original content?
Old 24-11-2011, 08:30 AM
vulkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
If it is human nature then should one not accommodate it?
It is in our nature to murder, kill and rape each other too. But that does not mean we should.

Quote:
Isn't the question really whether the add on really adds something useful rather than something detracting to the original content?
What can you possibly add that would be more useful than Reiki itself? A new handle to grip it perhaps, or possibly a new way of using something that by its very nature is intrinsic to every human being.