Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 06-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith
I'll give you a different perspective from previous responses. But they're useful if you find them so.
I understand if you don't agree, but I've been through so many things my body was rejecting, including food, till I realized it was my mind who was responsible for all rejecting. Try accepting all food you eat and appreciate it. Don't feel bad for eating anything you love out of what sort ever reason you have in your mind. Transform that energy. Start with small amounts and don't eat it often. With time you'll notice your trouble with food is disappeared.

I don't have any issues with food which is why I'm not a slave to appetite. I eat as much as I 'need' but I am under no compulsion to gorge. At the same time, once in a while I get a craving and feel very comfortable giving in to it. Like last night, we had chocolate chip pancakes with maple syrup for supper. It was fabulous having 'dessert' for supper but I don't feel the need to have them again tonight.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrose92
Hey Lilith,

Thank you for your view on this, I do see how my mind could be making this worse for me. I mostly feel that with higher levels of awareness, I don't feel like I want to eat any meat that has been treated badly etc and I think this is why I felt so sick straight away. But I have been eating small amounts of meat when I feel I need it, and I mostly eat fish as opposed to other meats. You are right though, if we love something, we shouldn't let our mind get in the way of that. So I feel it will be best to buy meat that I know is from a caring origin to start with and that may make it easier to digest, but I will take heed with what you say and pay attention to the role of my mind in this situation, thank you very much!

And do you think it matters that aside from 'meat' growing up in a nice setting, how horrified and frightened it was when it died? Remember, transport and slaughterhouses are terrifying experiences for all those animals. There is not one that is not, it is what it is. Not only that, there is a growing acceptance that fish have relationships, feelings and so it wouldn't be foolish to assume that the process of suffocating to death isn't equally frightening for the fish.

A PubMed page I came across said the following after a pilot randomized controlled study:

'Findings: Thirty-nine omnivores were randomly assigned to a control group consuming meat, fish, and poultry daily (OMN); a group consuming fish 3-4 times weekly but avoiding meat and poultry (FISH), or a vegetarian group avoiding meat, fish, and poultry (VEG). At baseline and after two weeks, participants completed a food frequency questionnaire, the Profile of Mood States questionnaire and the Depression Anxiety and Stress Scales. After the diet intervention, VEG participants reduced their EPA, DHA, and AA intakes, while FISH participants increased their EPA and DHA intakes. Mood scores were unchanged for OMN or FISH participants, but several mood scores for VEG participants improved significantly after two weeks.
CONCLUSIONS:
Restricting meat, fish, and poultry improved some domains of short-term mood state in modern omnivores. To our knowledge, this is the first trial to examine the impact of restricting meat, fish, and poultry on mood state in omnivores.' https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22333737

Aside from this study group seeing a correlation of improved mood by giving up meat as a result of a particular kind of 'acid' that meat/fish contains, I have a theory that goes like this:

When an animal is terrified, it's body is flooded with the fight/flight hormones and that permeates every fibre of its being. When people eat meat, they actually ingest those same hormones and you know what they say, 'we are what we eat'.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah

That's an interesting study. A study from the University of Warwick confirms this.

Here is an article about it: Eating More Fruits & Vegetables Tied to Happiness
and here the study itself: AJPH: Evolution of Well-Being and Happiness After Increases in Consumption of Fruit and Vegetables
Old 07-12-2016, 05:58 PM
Experiencer

Well going to have to bookmark your study for sure.

What this says to me is that if the world went vegan, we could kiss wars and road rage goodbye because we'd all be in such a great mood! Time to focus our energies and thoughts folks!
Old 08-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
And do you think it matters that aside from 'meat' growing up in a nice setting, how horrified and frightened it was when it died? Remember, transport and slaughterhouses are terrifying experiences for all those animals. There is not one that is not, it is what it is. Not only that, there is a growing acceptance that fish have relationships, feelings and so it wouldn't be foolish to assume that the process of suffocating to death isn't equally frightening for the fish.

A PubMed page I came across said the following after a pilot randomized controlled study:

'Findings: Thirty-nine omnivores were randomly assigned to a control group consuming meat, fish, and poultry daily (OMN); a group consuming fish 3-4 times weekly but avoiding meat and poultry (FISH), or a vegetarian group avoiding meat, fish, and poultry (VEG). At baseline and after two weeks, participants completed a food frequency questionnaire, the Profile of Mood States questionnaire and the Depression Anxiety and Stress Scales. After the diet intervention, VEG participants reduced their EPA, DHA, and AA intakes, while FISH participants increased their EPA and DHA intakes. Mood scores were unchanged for OMN or FISH participants, but several mood scores for VEG participants improved significantly after two weeks.
CONCLUSIONS:
Restricting meat, fish, and poultry improved some domains of short-term mood state in modern omnivores. To our knowledge, this is the first trial to examine the impact of restricting meat, fish, and poultry on mood state in omnivores.' https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22333737

Aside from this study group seeing a correlation of improved mood by giving up meat as a result of a particular kind of 'acid' that meat/fish contains, I have a theory that goes like this:

When an animal is terrified, it's body is flooded with the fight/flight hormones and that permeates every fibre of its being. When people eat meat, they actually ingest those same hormones and you know what they say, 'we are what we eat'.

Oh God, I totally agree with you, In fact I hadn't even seen the situation like this. The thought of an animal being terrified brings tears to my eyes :( I've seen pictures of cows before slaughter and the look in their eyes is heart breaking. I guess it doesn't really make a difference how they are raised if they are drenched with fear before they die. And that is also true, that the body is encapsulated in fear, and these are the vibrations we eat. oh that is so sad. Thanks Debrah for bringing this to light. I hope this will help me to continue reducing meat and finding alternatives in my diet until it is non-existent. A very true and valid point!
Old 08-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Experiencer

You're welcome Ladyrose. Sometimes the 'obvious' eludes us and it takes someone else to make it known. I was a vegetarian for at least 15 years, and was very comfortable using eggs and dairy throughout those years. Then someone mentioned an AR group to me, and never having heard that groups agenda, I decided to look them up. Well, as 'luck' or 'destiny' may have had it, the first items in the search were videos of dairy cows going to slaughter and dairy calves and that was it, done with dairy in a weekend.

If it hadn't been for that person being mad about that AR group, I might not have thought to look them up for, well who knows how long....but here I am, vegan for nine years and never going back.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Master
Yes I understand, Your story and strength in your convictions are an imspiration to me and Im sure many others, thank you! Blessings to you!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrose92
For a while now meat has turnt me off, but loving meat all my life, Ive still been eating it I guess from habitual enjoyment. However, since all the energetic changes over the last few months, Ive not been able to tolerate red meat at all, the next day after eating it, my stomach is very uncomfortable and feels like a knot. I break a sweat all over when I go to the loo as my tummy is in such agony and discomfort, its a really horrible feeling. So Ive been staying away from red meat mostly. Although, yesterday I made chicken stew and my tummy was in agony again this morning. So now I am wondering if the only meat my body can take is fish, which I love.

So really I am asking if anyone else has had this experience and if this is my body changing towards vegetarian or cleaner eating?

Look forward to your responses :)

Sounds like a digestive problem ...
Try a probiotic ...
There are many to choose from, I use Digestive Advantage in capsule form ...

Being turned off by meat could be hypochlorhydria ...
http://www.eatnakednow.com/13-signs-...pochlorhydria/

Other factors that can affect how well you digest protein include:

History of antacid use, prescription or over-the-counter
History of antibiotic use
Overeating at mealtime
Drinking too much water before or during meals
Poor sleep
Stress, especially during mealtime

http://bodyecology.com/articles/how-...-depends-on-it

Hope this helps ...
Old 04-01-2017, 02:27 AM
Master
I'd have to agree with "Really" about adding a probiotic as it does sound like digestion issues....

Many people find that a couple of spoonfuls of a natural Greek yogurt (loaded with probiotics) before a meal helps a lot!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 04-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Deactivated Account

I can relate to this completely. I grew up eating a lot of meat but when I went through an awakening and completely shifted, my view on meat changed. I started to feel sick when I ate red meat especially, chicken took a little longer. I tried to be completely vegan but my body doesn't tolerate supplements very well so now I just eat wild salmon. I would rather be vegan for ethical reasons but I don't want to put myself at risk of a b12 deficiency. I don't have any dairy products which frankly messed my body up anyway and took me years to restore. Let's face it, these animals are treated very poorly and suffer immensely because of it, so of course it isn't good to eat that energy. I think there is a difference though between eating meat for health reasons and eating it for the hell of it, such as a burger from mcdonalds. Our intention behind it makes a big difference. If someone was to opt for chicken nuggets or something, you are best eating meat free ones, which taste better in my opinion. It is best to lessen consumption as much as possible not just for your health but for the environment too. Listen to your body though, if your body doesn't want it, don't have it. Go with what you are drawn to and only that. You will know inside what is the right answer. You don't need it everyday anyway and can get all your nutritional needs without it, for the most part. Have a break for a little while and then let yourself find the answer naturally, the body is highly intelligent and knows what it wants/doesn't want.