Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 04-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Pathfinder

Do we have Free Will,if so,What is it?

Anyone have any ideas on this subject? This question could unlock our future.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:00 AM
Guide

Yes for rational choices. Choices we can deliberately understand and follow. Like decision making.
No for emotional aspects that we cannot choose. Aspects we cannot understand, not scientific or not yet understandable.
How can this unlock the future?
If time cannot be defined for sure, have we any past or future?
Or events are flowing all the time (therefore, out of time)?
Old 05-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Pathfinder

It can unlock the future.We are attached to nature through our thinking.Infact,we are chained to nature through our desires.But,if we change every desire into the desire for Self-Knowledge;We can,through repeated life times,conquer death by regenerating our physical bodies.Through doing our ultimate duty we will leave this world of time,death and sorrow,and enter a state of bliss beyond human imagining.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:01 AM
Ascender
Do we have free will? Just barely, and perhaps even less than that.

In the first place we must follow the rules of nature. We can only move in the manor in which our body is capable of. We can only eat what our body can handle. And we're contained by societal structures and acceptable normalcy.

We are free to think what thoughts that come to mind, but thoughts are mental images based on language and convention, a million thoughts won't add up to one single physical occurrence. If we're using our thoughts to direct our physical actions we can only work within the limits provided.

What we tend to think of as free will is simply the choice of various oddities at the end of a long series of "have-to's". By being physical we are bound to what's physically possible. We adhere to such in order to survive.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Master
It's almost as if the term free will is somewhat loaded to fail simply because the paradigm that created it is the perceptive index in which to view it which feels somewhat to speak of lack whereas if we look at it as will of the free then this states somewhat that we already have it and exercise it all the time.
Old 15-02-2017, 04:44 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian77
It can unlock the future.We are attached to nature through our thinking.Infact,we are chained to nature through our desires.But,if we change every desire into the desire for Self-Knowledge;We can,through repeated life times,conquer death by regenerating our physical bodies.Through doing our ultimate duty we will leave this world of time,death and sorrow,and enter a state of bliss beyond human imagining.

What I think free will is is that God, the universe, everything I think is one thing, having free will is working in any way you desire within the greater whole, like allowing a projection in a lucid dream to have its own dream.

From the quote above: I agree with your take on the process of self realization, transending maya, and that we are influenced by nature as the process of karmic change. Reality is I think something like a voting system, some voters have more power, some areas have more voters. The three major divisions of the system are the subjective, the objective, and placement in existence; each have their own tendencies. when we make a transition in birth or death I think our karmas are matched so we are where we should be, we are free, as we grow we grow beyond where we started and may fall out of sink with the direction or feel of a place so we have free will but is it absolute free will all the time maybe not.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 07-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Pathfinder

Will is the dominant desire,of the moment,of a period,or of the life of a person.Desire is the conscious power within.No desire in a human is free,because it is attached or attaches itself to nature.
Free will is to be unattached,unattachment.Free will is possible.But only through self knowledge.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Ascender
Quote:
.No desire in a human is free,because it is attached or attaches itself to nature.
So, do you view nature as a "bad" thing, something to be overcome, or do you view nature as an 'aspect' of our experience, something to be understood in a cooperative way?
Old 08-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Pathfinder

No,nature is not a bad thing.But nature in this human world of life and death is unbalanced.In this world we are all destined to die.Or at least be believe we are destined to die.
Through free will we can take the great way to conscious immortality.You may not believe it,you may not want it.But everyone should know about it.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:05 AM
Gracey

Quote:
No,nature is not a bad thing.But nature in this human world of life and death is unbalanced.In this world we are all destined to die.Or at least be believe we are destined to die.
Through free will we can take the great way to conscious immortality.You may not believe it,you may not want it.But everyone should know about it.

Does conscious immortality mean that you will not physically die?