Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 06-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Deactivated Account

A Growing Gift that Needs Controlling

Lately, I just somehow know what events are going to unfold. I'll either dream or think about people or places and usually within 24 hours something significant happens. Sometimes I'll just get these little warnings in my head about how to approach an issue or when to be extra careful driving and when I listen to the warnings, I manage to avoid arguments, near car accidents, etc.

I can't control the information/ messages I receive and I'm still uncertain if it's telepathy or ESP. I'm also unsure as to why some of the information I receive has to be completely useless (unless it really is telepathy and I'm being nosy accidentally lol). For example, dreaming about my coworker being irresponsible and finding out the next day that he's calling out of work for the day.

So, what is this? ESP or telepathy? And why is it getting stronger, yet I can't control it?
Old 06-01-2014, 04:05 PM
kal76

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitysrainbow
Lately, I just somehow know what events are going to unfold. I'll either dream or think about people or places and usually within 24 hours something significant happens. Sometimes I'll just get these little warnings in my head about how to approach an issue or when to be extra careful driving and when I listen to the warnings, I manage to avoid arguments, near car accidents, etc.

I can't control the information/ messages I receive and I'm still uncertain if it's telepathy or ESP. I'm also unsure as to why some of the information I receive has to be completely useless (unless it really is telepathy and I'm being nosy accidentally lol). For example, dreaming about my coworker being irresponsible and finding out the next day that he's calling out of work for the day.

So, what is this? ESP or telepathy? And why is it getting stronger, yet I can't control it?
ESP means Extra sensory perception and that includes telepathy. The abilities that you have are precognitions, the ability to see the future. Precognitions are also part of Extra Sensory Perception. If you want to know more about ESP you can google it, wikepedia has a good definition and mentions scientific research.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:41 PM
shone

Many people which they have the ability that you have. What you have is a gift few people have in this entire world and some turn in to business as its gets stronger.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Master
Quote:

That sounds like a good thing to me.

Quote:

I consider telepathy as the core skill for all the other ESP skills. The idea is to Not Control these things but learn to work with them.

Control is a concept the ego brain or logical thought process would like to employ. Intuition, instincts, and inclinations are authentically spontaneous and not controllable. So if you can work on your Comfort Level for these things, your life will be more peaceful, as I see it.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 06-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
That sounds like a good thing to me.
I consider telepathy as the core skill for all the other ESP skills. The idea is to Not Control these things but learn to work with them.
John

Yes, I agree - learning to work with them....and trust them
Old 07-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Deactivated Account

I guess I'm saying "control" because sometimes there are private details about people I find out that I didn't want to know....If you know what I mean lol. I would never say anything to or about the person, but it still feels a little wrong that I'm able to unlock these thoughts without a person's permission or awareness. :/
Old 07-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Master
Quote:
I guess I'm saying "control" because sometimes there are private details about people I find out that I didn't want to know....If you know what I mean lol. I would never say anything to or about the person, but it still feels a little wrong that I'm able to unlock these thoughts without a person's permission or awareness. :/

It is my understanding and experience that we are made aware of these private details, with the permission of that person's deepest inner wisdom. The purpose for such awareness most likely aligns with some pending choice a person will need to make.

Yes I do have a number of experiences like this. I find if you can bless the choice maker more than the choice then it is most appropriate to know these things.

The hard part comes when you receive insights prior to a choice. How do you present that perspective to a free choosing person in a way that serves all concerned. When you ask yourself that question in any given instance, you will know what to do.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 09-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Deactivated Account

The way you've described it puts my mind more at ease, John. From now on, I'm going to think of your question when I get insights prior to choice. Thank you for your advice!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:43 AM
Hawk

Quote:

I am an empath, and the experience you describe above happens to me all the time. Sometimes it's very difficult or painful to experience, especially when a person is not showing you their authentic self and you can see beyond the "cover" they're putting up in front of you. Empaths usually experience their sensitivity as a "knowingness," which is different from telepathy. At least I think, I'm not 100% on that. Most sensitives experience a variety of "ways of knowing." I also have clairvoyant aspects that accompany my empathic gifts.

Oh, and for other readers I want to say I distinguish empathic knowingness from intuition or a "gut" feeling. Empathic sensitivity is a different beast, and it's a pet peeve of mine when people say "oh yeah like intuition or a gut feeling." Everyone has those moments. Empaths are profoundly sensitive individuals that usually know way more than they want about those around them. It is not the same as the occasional intuitive or "gut feeling" moment. Plus, intuition is actually more of a psychological term that has nothing to do with ESP, but I won't go there.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 AM
Newbie ;)

I seem to always know what people are thinking or planning and sometimes things they didn't want anyone to know I can "see". Is there any pointers or books someone can refer to help strengthen or control these incidences?