Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Toolite

If you started your own religion...

I wonder if you started your own religion how would it go? Thats what the world has done made a religion to fit everyone.. If one religion excludes one someone will create a religion to include that exclusion..

So what would your religion look like? or be like?

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 23-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Toolite

If I started a religion it would be called "The Spirit"

A belief system which included God, Holy Ghost, Angels and satan.

We would meet a couple times a week. free of charge.. no donations offerings..

I wouldnt preach from the bible.. we would focus on where we are in life and how we all could evolve.. The focus would also finding out what gift each individual had so they could be used properly and that would ensure our growth..

All Of the Spiritual Gifts would be discussed and the elders can help develop those who wanted to be developed.

We would be one big happy family.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 23-06-2012, 09:48 PM
earthatic

I wouldn't want to have people told what they should or should not believe in an authoritative way. I prefer to let people recognize the characteristics of spirituality and life and allow them to form their own evaluation/judgement on these matters.
Even with long standing religions, people separate into different denominations/sects with their own interpretations anyway...which is similar to what you would be doing.

Religions and the people running/maintaining them can have imperious qualities which becomes recognized when you declare what you do and do not agree with...Remember that a religion is a belief system. I'd rather let people have freedom of thought and belief rather than restrict them.

Not to say that things should be one way or the other.. this is only a personal preference.
Old 23-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Nebulous

Religion as a whole is not my cup of tea. Allow me to be brutally, unflinchingly honest. I'm a terrible person. If I started a religion it would only be because stupid people would buy into it wholeheartedly, feel better about themselves, and pay me lots of money.

I'd make sure they didn't drink the koolaid though. No paranoid gun-toting compounds either. That doesn't end so well. More like a benign, feel-good-heavy thing with just enough of a dab of truth to make a strong foundation, and a whole lot of whitewash around it; a sugar pill built on placebo-effects and just enough empowerment and mysticism principles to have "evidence" that proves I'm "right" and makes my followers all the more fanatic.

But then again that'd just make me every leader of every church or cult or silly overblown religion ever. LOL

...no wonder they do it. It's job security! The most lucrative job security the morals-free among us could ever dream of!

But don't worry. You won't see the Gospel of Nebulous circulating or anything. I'm too dang proud to stoop to that level, and too lazy to keep track of a bunch of followers. ;)
Old 23-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Master
If I started my own religion, I would then encourage others to start their own religion, and to never want anyone to follow their own religion.
Old 23-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Humm

Wow, great topic! I'll have to watch this!
Old 23-06-2012, 10:46 PM
midnightstar

If I started a religion, it would be where everyone created their own ideas about what they think is "right" and go by what they believe
Old 23-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar
If I started a religion, it would be where everyone created their own ideas about what they think is "right" and go by what they believe
Me too, except...

I dream of a world where people are free to do what they want - EXCEPT where it would deny that right of others.

So, a religion I would start wouldn't specify beliefs, so much as act as a library of techniques and principals under which a person can delve deep into their inner self, and foster a society that supports that endeavor.

Of course such pursuits aren't for everybody - but I think my first principal covered that.
Old 24-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Experiencer
My religion?..........

What ever you experience is your truth.........I am hear only to help you to choose what your experience will be..........you are totally free........

Instead of me telling you what is and what isn't, you tell me........you are the one living it............you are the one experiencing it, you are your own creation..........what will you be?

My religion is you because you are what is..........

My religion is awareness, creativity and being.........

I Am my religion...........

Love and joy...............
Old 24-06-2012, 04:32 AM
BodhiChan

Imagine lyrics
Songwriters: Lennon, John;

Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
No people below us, above it's only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do
No need to kill or die for and no religions too