Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-05-2020, 10:28 PM
Soul Seeker

Is the knowledge of good and evil, good or evil?

For you, me, and Adam to answer this question; we need the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam may have needed what he was denied by Yahweh to know if the tree of the knowledge of all things, is good or evil to eat from. As scriptures say, he was mentally and morally blind without it.

You and I cannot see any better than Adam could when our mental eyes are blind on issues and without knowledge of them.

It seems that Yahweh put Adam in a catch 22. Damned to being mentally blind and as bright as a brick and unable to reproduce, or condemned to death.

Regards
DL
Old 31-05-2020, 06:16 PM
Deactivated Account
I have invested some time to think about Adam and Eve and God.

But i won't go too deep into it. (not now)

If God created perfection, and if only this can be true, then what did this tree of knowledge of Good and Evil did to adam's thinking?

Imagine a sine-wave. The high peak is what one could consider as Good, the low peak is what one could consider as evil.

Here is a youtube video of one sine wave: Sinewave (this is mathematical topic video, but it can be used to demonstrate the effect.)

Thanks for reading.
Old 31-05-2020, 07:31 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF

If God created perfection, and if only this can be true, then what did this tree of knowledge of Good and Evil did to adam's thinking?

Imagine a sine-wave. The high peak is what one could consider as Good, the low peak is what one could consider as evil.

Here is a youtube video of one sine wave: Sinewave (this is mathematical topic video, but it can be used to demonstrate the effect.)

Thanks for reading.

I agree that there is a duality to all issues.

As to what it did to our thinking. I just read what the bible says it did as it is accurate.

A & E became as gods in the knowing of good and evil.

Quite the gift. No?

Or do you think us better without a moral sense?

Regards
DL
Old 31-05-2020, 10:31 PM
Master

very beneficial to study what truly is good or evil not rely on other people to tell you. then when you hear that 'God is good' you really understand what that means
Old 03-06-2020, 12:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker

For you, me, and Adam to answer this question; we need the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam may have needed what he was denied by Yahweh to know if the tree of the knowledge of all things, is good or evil to eat from. As scriptures say, he was mentally and morally blind without it.

You and I cannot see any better than Adam could when our mental eyes are blind on issues and without knowledge of them.

It seems that Yahweh put Adam in a catch 22. Damned to being mentally blind and as bright as a brick and unable to reproduce, or condemned to death.

Regards
DL

knowledge, in general is less destructive than knowledge, of good and evil.

It was apparantly possible for adam to get along just fine without knowing the difference between right and wrong; in some ways I have reason to suppose all the problems we have are because we now cherish this thing.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

It was apparantly possible for adam to get along just fine without knowing the difference between right and wrong; in some ways I have reason to suppose all the problems we have are because we now cherish this thing.
Maybe what we think of as fact, it is allegory. So, that story shouldn't be taken at face value, but interpreted to understand the message behind the symbolism.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:12 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Maybe what we think of as fact, it is allegory. So, that story shouldn't be taken at face value, but interpreted to understand the message behind the symbolism.
Totally agree
Old 05-06-2020, 07:23 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker

Regards
DL

Well, if Adam did need the knowledge of good and evil, where do you suppose he could go to see a good deal of both?
Old 05-06-2020, 07:26 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF

Thanks for reading.

Cool, here is a math video about a bunch of sine waves combined together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds0cmAV-Yek
Old 05-06-2020, 07:32 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

Very true, take the slugs in the Garden of Ketzer, they have no knowledge of good and evil and get along just fine. Happy happy happy slugs.