Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 20-10-2018, 11:06 PM
Newbie ;)

any cheap healthy vegan and vegitarian foods i can try?

I'm on a very small budget but when I start back donating plasma I want to use some of my money to ease myself into being a vegetarian. I'm doing it for the animals but also for health reasons such as weight. iv'e been a meat eater my whole life and I feel bad about it cause animals mean so much to me. anyways my first donation is going to be 20 and my second 40 any good foods I can get with 40 that are cheap I'm not looking into plant based even though that's probably cheaper. I have to give my 20 to my gram I owe her... or my budget would be 60 lol. any help.
Old 21-10-2018, 04:13 AM
Master
Not sure what you are suggesting, if you want to stay away from meat, the only other alternative you have are plants, besides dairy.
I always found, if I prepare all foods myself, I can buy quality food for less than when I buy "cheap" prepared foods. And I personally don't waist any foods. You mentioned weight, yes you can loose a lot of weight if you use whole foods, instead of processed foods and soft drinks.

Are there any food banks in your area? They might be able to help you out.
I know all supermarkets through a lot of food out, and many help themselves to it, markets now donate those foods to food banks.
Farmers markets are great for fresh foods. We have a Trash and Treasure market where one can buy great stuff including fruit and veggies.
Old 21-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Not sure what you are suggesting, if you want to stay away from meat, the only other alternative you have are plants, besides dairy.
I always found, if I prepare all foods myself, I can buy quality food for less than when I buy "cheap" prepared foods. And I personally don't waist any foods. You mentioned weight, yes you can loose a lot of weight if you use whole foods, instead of processed foods and soft drinks.

Are there any food banks in your area? They might be able to help you out.
I know all supermarkets through a lot of food out, and many help themselves to it, markets now donate those foods to food banks.
Farmers markets are great for fresh foods. We have a Trash and Treasure market where one can buy great stuff including fruit and veggies.
yeah, I basically just want to cut out meat. all the food banks around here closed down even the churches food bank is no more. what kind of prepared food you talking about? I'm making a list.
Old 21-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Master
Beans are a cheap and good source of protein.. particularly good in combination with rice. It's almost a Great Secret in so many countries.. as if people can't even imagine eating beans, and without meat one has to buy veggie burgers! Of course not! And for cheap vegetables you can check discounts but also frozen.
Old 21-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Experiencer

Beans, lentils, quinoa, brown rice, nuts....plus vegetables and fruit.....all of those are the basics. Learn which spices you love the flavours of, find a half dozen recipes that you love that use the above and you'll be successful at improving your weight and your health.

Altair also suggested frozen vegetables as being cost efficient and that's a great suggestion. I've always found that they are great in making the most delicious, hearty soups. You could make a huge pot, eat some fresh and freeze containers of the remainder for future use.

In fact, here's a link to a recipe that is super easy to use and takes full advantage of leftovers or frozen veggies. https://agelessatsixty.com/vegetable...yle-delicious/
Old 23-10-2018, 08:44 AM
Master
A simple, not to much to buy and very tasty cheap and healthy meal I can recommend is whole grain brown rice fried in onions and tomatoes add salt to your taste.
in places where others do not.
Old 23-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Beans are a cheap and good source of protein.. particularly good in combination with rice. It's almost a Great Secret in so many countries.. as if people can't even imagine eating beans, and without meat one has to buy veggie burgers! Of course not! And for cheap vegetables you can check discounts but also frozen.
lol I know beans are good protein thanks for the help
Old 23-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Newbie ;)

thanks so much!
Old 23-10-2018, 06:25 PM
Deactivated Account

Make large pots of veggie and potato soups. It will last you days. Make sure to add plenty of herbs and spices for the extra kick. When I do periods of detoxing, I make large veggie pots, my favorite is ginger root soups. Ginger good for bones.

Soup always good for soul <3
Old 23-10-2018, 07:03 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Make large pots of veggie and potato soups. It will last you days. Make sure to add plenty of herbs and spices for the extra kick. When I do periods of detoxing, I make large veggie pots, my favorite is ginger root soups. Ginger good for bones.

Soup always good for soul <3
thanks I've been looking up recipes.