Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-07-2012, 11:41 AM
n2mec

For me, its really not a contest, nor as long as there are those in need I can be redeemed.
Old 17-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
This was my question. According to Christians Christ is higher than enlightenment. Enlightenment is the realisation of 'self' but Christian salvation is apparently greater.

Self realisation is a pure spiritual sate, but it is based upon I AM - it is based upon self love. Christian salvation is based upon Gods grace. The two are very different. If one is aiming for enlightenment then one withdraws from the world to meditate. Whereas Christian salvation is all about involving oneself in the world and serving humanity. Christian salvation is based upon a Trinity of love. I, God and You. Not just upon I AM. There is a huge difference between a Christian and a Hindu or a Buddhist.

There are stages and enlightenment is a beginning not an end. Xan is using a word for which you have another one. They are actually the same. It is the essence not the word I submit that enlightenment is reached. I am saying go beyond teaching only.

What I've found important is the perspective according to teaching it isn't possible for another to know because the feeling I shouldn't be able to or can't. What is religion, where does it come from. It comes from I many of them, consciousness. We tend to forget our part and the role we play in them. Religion is conscious.

Don't get caught up in the name. Though we aren't suppose to know or have the capacity to it must be understood I am as confident as you knowing the same things. We think from the level of the individual.

I always think back to Jesus' words, only a couple commandants given. We weren't burdened with very many. Love oneself and love (by treating) others as yourself. This statement may say you do and show this, it is what you do. It is what you manifest.

Personally, I no longer know when to use the word you or to use the word we. Probably it's wise to know Christianity isn't pure Christianity, many of it's good ideas were borrowed which we feel are original. They are not and that's a point to, I mean all Religions. We take a lot of pride in them all. We need to learn to see and enlightenment may help to if needed. It may not be such an enemy. Simply salvation may not be what's even expected. One cannot know until one experiences.

Peace and realize I AM is part of I AM