Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 09:59 AM
Master
SAYINGS FROM SPIRITUALIST

I then asked : " Is this a human being that answers my questions so correctly ? " There was no rap. I asked: "Is it a spirit ? If it is, make two raps." Two sounds were given as soon as the request was made. I then said : "If it was an injured spirit, make two raps," which were instantly made, causing the house to tremble. I asked : "Were you injured in this house ?" The answer was given as before. "Is the person living that injured you ? " Answered by raps in the same manner. I ascertained by the same method that it was a man, aged thirty-one years, that he had been murdered in this house, and his remains were buried in the cellar ; that his family consisted of a wife and five children, two sons and three daughters, all living at the time of his death, but that his wife had since died. I asked : "Will you continue to rap if I call my neighbours that they may hear it too ?" The raps were loud in the affirmative.

Excerpt from History of Spiritualism by Arthur Conan Doyle

Chapter IV Hydesdale Episode
which deals with the FOX SISTERS

date of event: March 31, 1948

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-04-2020, 04:27 PM
Master
This is the date generally assigned to the beginning of modern day Spiritualism.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:40 AM
Master
"The universal teaching of modern spiritualism is that the world and the whole material universe exist for the purpose of developing spiritual beings--that death is simply a transition from material existence to the first grade of spirit-life--and that our happiness and the degree of our progress will be wholly dependent upon the use we have made of our faculties and opportunities here."

Alfred Russel Wallace

Old 06-04-2020, 10:34 PM
Master
The first woman to run for President of the United States (1872) was also a Spiritualist!
In history, she is one of many woman I truly admire.

One of her sayings is:

Rude contact with facts chased my visions and dreams quickly away,
and in their stead I beheld the horrors, the corruption, the evils and hypocrisy of society,
and as I stood among them, a young wife, a great wail of agony went out from my soul.

Victoria Woodhull

Old 08-04-2020, 01:37 PM
Master
In the early days of modern day Spiritualism, mediums were physically tied up, etc. so as to prevent them from 'falsely' making up a seance. This is an excerpt from PEOPLE FROM THE OTHER WORLD by Colonel Henry Steel Olcott (1875).

Sketch NO. 3 will recall a scene of rope-tying, to the minds of the good people of Albany, N. Y., who attended a séance at the house of John McClure; a certain Doctor Perkins being the operator. Here the medium is tied down by his fingers to the floor, the tapes being secured to the latter by tacks, and another tape leading to the door-knob. The worthy Doctor kept this patient in this position some two hours, and it is not surprising that his wrists were so swollen in consequence that he was kept in pain several days thereafter.

Old 14-04-2020, 03:41 PM
Administrator
We want to provide a free, fun, and open community for Spiritual discussions. However we also must protect our members and staff. The following rules have been adopted to keep everyone's experience the most positive it can be. We appreciate your understanding and co-operation in keeping Spiritual Forums a highly regarded forum for Spiritual and related discussions!

This thread is closed as it leads nothing to discussions.

Lynn
SF Admin