Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Master
Shabda... The translation you referenced seems to be more addressed to 'hearing' the teaching, like the versions I have in my library. Any idea where the quote on that website came from that mentions "listening to the incessant sound" ?

Xan

Old 09-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Shabda... The translation you referenced seems to be more addressed to 'hearing' the teaching, like the versions I have in my library. Any idea where the quote on that website came from that mentions "listening to the incessant sound" ?

Xan
let me look, i think i can find something, ive studied under a bona fide google Master lol
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 10-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Xan
i havent yet found a translation that sheds any light on your question, but i do have my own experience that might a bit, and that is that the "Incessant Sound" Itself literally ARE teachings, not JUST sounds that can be heard by the inner ear, of course i cant speak for anyone else's experience with the Sound, but in my own case there has been much direct teaching coming without words, in the form of understanding and realization, directly from the Sound Itself, generally concerning aspects of things i had been considering the meaning of already, although not necessarily thinking of at that specific time, and i dont believe in coincidences, so it is my understanding and assertion that this is literally the "Voice" of God communicating directly to my consciousness, so in this way one may hear the "Incessant Sound" or the "Unstruck Melody", and at the same time be "hearing" the teachings directly from their Source, rather than from an outward or inward Teacher or Master, as i got the impression from you that you meant hearing the teachings from a teacher was being referred to rather than hearing the Divine Sound Itself...if im wrong about your intentions please do clarify, but in any case i have had the experience of hearing the Sound from beyond the mind and receiving teachings through that Sound...so it occurs to me that i am hardly the first to experience this, and this may be what is referred to regardless of what a given translation may imply...i find from that same original site a passage from the Bible, in which the explanation given at the site says that it is God who teaches via the Sound, which was the point i was trying to make above :

(The Lord God has given me the tongue of those who are taught...) Morning by morning He wakens, He wakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. The Lord God has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, I turned not backward. (Isa 50: 4-5)
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 10-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Guide
Really interesting topic! Thanks for bringing this to attention Xan :)

I get a medium tonal noise as i pass out at night usually when I'm about to drift of to dream land.. I find the noise really relaxing.. Almost like its a ocean that I'm swimming in, I can feel it vibe through my whole body. I would love to find out ways I could bring this out normally - by chance, do you have any methods of developing the awareness of inner sounds?

Thanks, Jorddy
Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorddy
Really interesting topic! Thanks for bringing this to attention Xan :)

I get a medium tonal noise as i pass out at night usually when I'm about to drift of to dream land.. I find the noise really relaxing.. Almost like its a ocean that I'm swimming in, I can feel it vibe through my whole body. I would love to find out ways I could bring this out normally - by chance, do you have any methods of developing the awareness of inner sounds?

Thanks, Jorddy
hey jorddy~! nice~! feeling the Sound current run through your being is an awesome thing, and generally this is an indication that one is dealing with a higher level sound, do you happen to recall what the sound is??
Rumi
Old 10-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
hey jorddy~! nice~! feeling the Sound current run through your being is an awesome thing, and generally this is an indication that one is dealing with a higher level sound, do you happen to recall what the sound is??

Its hard to explain.. Its a tonal medium high ringing that just comes into my head full blast right before i doze off at night.. But its not like one of the ringings u get after listening to loud music lol.. Its a different kind of noise - I literally feel myself inside the music
Old 10-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorddy
Its hard to explain.. Its a tonal medium high ringing that just comes into my head full blast right before i doze off at night.. But its not like one of the ringings u get after listening to loud music lol.. Its a different kind of noise - I literally feel myself inside the music
i know from my own experiences of what you speak, and that is an experience not many get without some degree of training, i find that to be impressive~! some have the idea that they are a particle of God, but the truth is, more accurately, that soul is a particle of the essence of God, of the Divine Sound, and an experience such as the one you describe IMO makes this very clear...thanks for taking the time to describe it more fully!
Rumi
Old 10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
i know from my own experiences of what you speak, and that is an experience not many get without some degree of training, i find that to be impressive~! some have the idea that they are a particle of God, but the truth is, more accurately, that soul is a particle of the essence of God, of the Divine Sound, and an experience such as the one you describe IMO makes this very clear...thanks for taking the time to describe it more fully!

No problem, thanks for describing to me what it is! I'm going to try and focus on this sound throughout the day and see if I could possibly bring it to full awareness. That would be pretty awesome.. But then again, its not really something you can be in while your conscious of the daily tasks - you know? I would find it really really difficult to be able to have this beautiful sound resonating in my head while also having to pay attention to the daily life lol
Old 10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Master
jorddy... Hearing the sounds is the simplest of practices. All you do is listen without trying for anything more, and your experience will deepen naturally.

From time to time they will vary, and eventually you may hear different types and tones at one time.

In addition, you may feel the subtle vibration of these sound energies in and around your body, which are emanations of your own life energy or chi.

During daily activities I'm not always aware of the sounds, but sometimes they get quite loud as if to get my attention.

Just listen and notice what you feel... and just keep going.

Xan

Old 10-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Master
Shabda: ...i do have my own experience that might a bit, and that is that the "Incessant Sound" Itself literally ARE teachings, not JUST sounds that can be heard by the inner ear...

... it is my understanding and assertion that this is literally the "Voice" of God communicating directly to my consciousness, so in this way one may hear the "Incessant Sound" or the "Unstruck Melody", and at the same time be "hearing" the teachings directly from their Source, rather than from an outward or inward Teacher or Master...

in any case i have had the experience of hearing the Sound from beyond the mind and receiving teachings through that Sound.

i find from that same original site a passage from the Bible, in which the explanation given at the site says that it is God who teaches via the Sound, which was the point i was trying to make above...

Hi Shabda

I don't get much into the theology of the Inner Sound Current as that's not my path and style, but I can relate to what you say about any teachings directly from Source are expressed as the pure Sound, both verbal and non-verbal. Is that your meaning? I have learned this was even more true in the ancient sound-based languages like Sanscrit, Hebrew and Aramaic.

For me the inner sounds are non-conceptual vibrational patterns which align and transform my energies, and imbed subtle understandings in my deeper mind. In this way the Silence also teaches and transforms me in ways too subtle to describe.

As I mentioned in the above post, for me it's just about listening with full attention, and enjoying the subtle feelings and ongoing effortless transformation.

Xan

Closed Thread