Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 27-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Gracey

i am suprised most agree, i do to but was too shy to say so first. imagine that.
Old 27-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
i am suprised most agree, i do to but was too shy to say so first. imagine that.

Me too :X
When I first heard about it I thought that
but I was too afraid to sat anything because I thought I would
Get hated on.
I admit I was also shock so many agree.
Old 27-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Seeker

The problem with the whole "indigo children" phenomenon is that too much of criteria for determing whether or not an individual can be considered indigo is dependent on empirical, "five-sense" oriented evidence (i.e. are they resistant to authoritarian social structures, do they have difficulty with school curriculum based upon rote memorization and not abstract, non-linear thinking, etc.). In actuality, determining whether or not an individual is indigo is exceedingly simple -- one need only attune themselves to the energetic level of awareness. If, upon achieving such an attunement, one then observes that the predominant influence in the energetic field of another is indigo, then that individual can be considered an "indigo", and will probably exhibit many of the traits, both positive and negative, that are generally associated with that particular energetic modality.
Old 27-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Master
Mahakali--

Thanks for elaborating. Very interesting. I agree that intention is everything--spiritually, mentally, physically.

I also wanted to say that each person's adjustment to the "extra juice" in their systems is different, and that includes these "disorders". They are always a better choice than the entire brain being non-functional.

I read alot. It was a way of isolating, compensating, but still better than drugs or alchohol.

Sounds like you had a very wise psych. I had one like that too. I said in another post that I want to visit her during a projectioin. It's my way of saying "thanks" with a direct experience of something...more. At least that's the plan!

My son was diagnosed as dyslexic but never medicated. [But he did a considerable amount of self-medication. He is still dealing with that choice.]

Thanks for sharing.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 27-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Rumar

I'm 23 years old, I was diagnosed at an early age for ADD, I was brought to a Psychiatrist constantly and was medicated with Zyprexa and something else I don't really remember, I went through the Special Ed classes for ADD (where we would study at a slightly slower pace than normal classes but not grouped with the kids with worst conditions), I managed to graduate with honors without any retries at any classes, I graduated with a 3.5 GPA.

While still being medicated, I wasn't taking the pills because it was a pain having to take pills when I strongly believed there was nothing wrong with me. Sure I had attention problems, but I still managed, I eventually worked my way in getting no more psychiatric appointments, I told them what I knew they would wanna hear, I told them I stopped taking the pills, he asked me if there were any issues and asked the typical questions, I said no, he talked with my mother for a bit and we got off everything.

I had to admit to my mother after years of avoiding the pills and even throwing them away about that, but after Middle School, I was fine, nothing wrong or anything. I am still considered to be diagnosed, which you can't really heal or grow from, but I had to get myself past all this **. I never believed I was a special child, I always dreamt I would be, I always wished I had more to me than others, but never really believed anything and hadn't even HEARD of indigo children until recently (couple of years ago).

I understand it CAN be a possible treatment to certain children to be medicated but you should never look into it as fast as a lot of people do, even docters quickly jump to it too. I won't put my children on medication, I will teach them self control and discipline like how my instructors and Master in Martial Arts taught us.
Old 27-10-2010, 08:49 PM
mahakali

your welcome, I just want to say about the whole indigo children thing, i do not think that they should be treated special or even told that they are anything other than a human being. I think a gifted child knows they are and that is enough. I always knew and kept it to myself i did not need the encouragement.With A.D.D. children, some will end up successful business owners and many will self medicate or end up in jail. Its usually one extreme to the other. Its sad but i think its a part of spiritual development. maybe "indigo children" are new incarnates to earth, from some other universe or perhaps they are old ones, but spiritually i dont think they are different than other children maybe at a different place in the path thats all. IMO everyone's gifted or psychic they are just not tuned to it, or aware of it.

I believe that in my case without the hard knocks (what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger) I wouldn't have become the person i am, i wouldn't have learned how to be confident and how to judge situations. my parents were abusive and kicked me out at a young age. I went through the self medicating, after a wile i just realized i did not want to be an addict and saw what i had become. with enough determination one can do or overcome anything.

If i have an A.D.D. child (very probable) i will try to teach them the lessons and know that they are smarter than they lead themselves on to be, ill talk to them in a respectful tone and never hurt them. ill make a good example of what i do and tech them with humility. hopefully they will not have to learn the hard way like i had to. In my parents i see that they are very materialistic and selfish, i see that they teach my sis that being beautiful is the most important thing in the world. They laugh at others expense. my mom still smokes pot around my 13 year old sis. I can see why i had to learn the hard way. I was insane from that upbringing. I think it is possible for a child to prevail with the proper values instilled in them from childhood.
Old 27-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Royalite

I think that they diagnose children with problems far too early. It's like if you don't obey then you have problem! I'm not denying that ADHD, ADD, Depression, Bi-polar disorder, etc exist. There are some people where this is really bothering them! I had a friend with this problem and it was bad for her. She continuously contemplated suicide and I actually had to get her to pull over because she was at a point of wanting to crash the car she was so depressed and worked up.

But when children are being diagnosed with a problem just because they would rather be outside than in a setting where they are forced to sit down and obey obey obey and the teacher isn't connecting with them and their unique personality? Idk. I think that needs to be looked into. Maybe some kids really don't like the traditional structure of school and would like to do something and be in situations where they can be free to utilize their natural God given talents instead of, "You HAVE to use my way of getting this problem solved or else your wrong!" or "Why are they doing this when everyone's do that? Argh! I can't take this! I think your kid needs to be put on something."
Old 27-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Royalite

^ That being said I think we need to stop boxing people in with all this you're indigo, your a star, you're not stuff. But ehhh whatever floats people's boats and gets em through the day healthy!
Old 27-10-2010, 10:29 PM
AnnoyingPony

ADD/ADHD is a very common diagnosis nowadays among children. I absolutely think that the age of screening has a lot to do with this and that some misdiagnoses are bound to occur.

And my ADHD is not always bad. I believe it's compensated with by being an overachiever. I have never been medicated for my ADHD and I don't think I will ever have to be.
Old 27-10-2010, 10:33 PM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamist
But when children are being diagnosed with a problem just because they would rather be outside than in a setting where they are forced to sit down and obey obey obey and the teacher isn't connecting with them and their unique personality? Idk. I think that needs to be looked into. Maybe some kids really don't like the traditional structure of school and would like to do something and be in situations where they can be free to utilize their natural God given talents instead of, "You HAVE to use my way of getting this problem solved or else your wrong!" or "Why are they doing this when everyone's do that? Argh! I can't take this! I think your kid needs to be put on something."

This is what alternative schools/homeschooling is for. The only problem is that the parents need to be prepared to either pay big $$$ (which my family does not have) or spend a LOT of time drilling your children. Homeschooling can be just as rigorous, if not even more rigorous, as regular school. (But you probably learn more. I spent a year homeschooling so I wouldn't have to deal with a crazy teacher, and I learned more that year than I did in the following grade.)

On the other hand, diagnoses are helpful because they can help you get a 504 plan constructed for your child. 504 plans basically cater to kids who have problems in the classroom environment. You can request things like an option to go to a quiet room or to be seated in the front of the room instead of the back.

Last edited by AnnoyingPony : 28-10-2010 at 12:03 AM.