Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 12-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by yearningsoul
All religions are man-made and not what "God" or the "Universe" created.

I personally feel religion in general ruined humanity. Instead of collectively evolving, understanding human life, what we truly are and where we are going, believe in human values etc. we are focusing on man-made religious practices and trying to enforce our views on other humans, sometimes forcefully.

I do understand thanks to religion some people are able to have peace in their lives, have some thing to follow and believe in. I just hope and wish that someday we realize that man-made religions and its blind rituals are not what we were meant to follow here on earth. I hope we simply believe in humanity and collectively go ahead as a race and truly experience the beauty of nature around us.

I easily and happily agree! :)
Old 13-06-2017, 02:17 AM
Experiencer

Respectfully I believe that religion served to challenge us through the Piscean age to learn how to experience ourselves as individuals. Religion is a more mentally organized form of tribalism. And tribalism is a human expression of herd behavior. Those who chose to expose themselves as different had to really work at it as the collective came at them mercilessly. Those who went with the flow and conformed had to deal with a great conflict as well by subconsciously betraying their true self. No free ride for anyone. It was a test of character.

Now that we have had that experience it is time for us to move forward into the Aquarian age and explore how we as individuals can learn to cooperate. Over time systems of interaction based on power and coercion will falter or transform. And in contrast systems that are fair and benefit the collective good will become stronger due to attraction. I think there will be more naturalness this time around where we will find ways to be more of who we are while also having more tolerance of others. For the individual it will be a test of generosity. This is my hope anyhow.

Looking one more step ahead, better keep moving and get serious about it too because next in 2000 years or so comes the Capricorn era where I am guessing by that time there will be no more messing around. Think karma on steroids. We will be confronted with the truth. But not so bad really as it will be about expressing ourselves truly. Paradoxically that great limitation will likely lead to great freedom.
Old 17-03-2019, 09:53 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
Respectfully I believe that religion served to challenge us through the Piscean age to learn how to experience ourselves as individuals. Religion is a more mentally organized form of tribalism. And tribalism is a human expression of herd behavior. Those who chose to expose themselves as different had to really work at it as the collective came at them mercilessly. Those who went with the flow and conformed had to deal with a great conflict as well by subconsciously betraying their true self. No free ride for anyone. It was a test of character.

Now that we have had that experience it is time for us to move forward into the Aquarian age and explore how we as individuals can learn to cooperate. Over time systems of interaction based on power and coercion will falter or transform. And in contrast systems that are fair and benefit the collective good will become stronger due to attraction. I think there will be more naturalness this time around where we will find ways to be more of who we are while also having more tolerance of others. For the individual it will be a test of generosity. This is my hope anyhow.

Looking one more step ahead, better keep moving and get serious about it too because next in 2000 years or so comes the Capricorn era where I am guessing by that time there will be no more messing around. Think karma on steroids. We will be confronted with the truth. But not so bad really as it will be about expressing ourselves truly. Paradoxically that great limitation will likely lead to great freedom.

RELIGIONS HAVE EVOLVED IN OUR PURSUIT TO MAKE OUR LIVES PEACEFUL , AND TRAGEDY FREE AND WARD OFF NATURAL CALAMITIES.

As it was expected in this Aquarian age, we have full knowledge of Nature's Bio Laws that can make our lives as per our choice - peaceful prosperous or painful and suffering. We have now the scientific religion that presents whole truth while the existing religions are partial.
Old 18-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
RELIGIONS HAVE EVOLVED IN OUR PURSUIT TO MAKE OUR LIVES PEACEFUL , AND TRAGEDY FREE AND WARD OFF NATURAL CALAMITIES.
Doing a poor job then, those religions! They do not ward off natural 'calamities' and tragedies, and whether they create more peace depends on their values, but overall I'd say no, it's development and individual freedom that create more peace.

Many religions, and nearly all the mainstream ones, have justified inequality and poverty. Your Hinduism is no different. The most religious societies are not free from natural phenomena that proved 'destructive' to human societies, such as floods, droughts, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, and tsunamis. The US gets loads of destructive weather and it has many devout Christians. India experiences floods, droughts, and many other issues. It is not free of calamity, nor are other religious countries, like many African ones or Indonesia.

But we know why these things happen and it's entirely explainable through science.
Some of the least religious nations on earth, like Scandinavian countries, experience also the least calamity so maybe you should switch sides..
Old 24-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Doing a poor job then, those religions! They do not ward off natural 'calamities' and tragedies, and whether they create more peace depends on their values, but overall I'd say no, it's development and individual freedom that create more peace.

Many religions, and nearly all the mainstream ones, have justified inequality and poverty. Your Hinduism is no different. The most religious societies are not free from natural phenomena that proved 'destructive' to human societies, such as floods, droughts, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, and tsunamis. The US gets loads of destructive weather and it has many devout Christians. India experiences floods, droughts, and many other issues. It is not free of calamity, nor are other religious countries, like many African ones or Indonesia.

But we know why these things happen and it's entirely explainable through science.
Some of the least religious nations on earth, like Scandinavian countries, experience also the least calamity so maybe you should switch sides..

FOR =Altair

Natural Calamities arise due to Geo Physical plus Group Karma causes. Most religions forbid Adultery but many Hindus or Christians violet it. Similar is the case with Greed, Hatred, and other malice. The Problem is with the people, not Indian or American. Nature's Laws operate on individual basis irrespective of Nationality or Religion. Religions codify guidelines.

In this thread you can see how religions have been graded scientifically. Islam has the poorest score therefore most of its followers suffer due to its negative teachings.
Old 27-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
If that's the determining factor, then Buddhism would win 100% to 0%. It is the only religion that both accepts those laws and rejects unscientific beliefs of an external god as a controlling force.

Nature is like a computer that operates as per its program loaded by GOD.
Old 27-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Deactivated Account
All religions are flawed imho. Though some more than others. And yes, I'm probably going to get a lot of hate from some hardcore liberal left-wingies, but Islam is the most flawed of them all.
Old 27-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Master
science yo.
Old 28-03-2019, 05:04 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
All religions are flawed imho. Though some more than others. And yes, I'm probably going to get a lot of hate from some hardcore liberal left-wingies, but Islam is the most flawed of them all.

What Flaw do you see in Hinduism ?
Old 28-03-2019, 05:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
What Flaw do you see in Hinduism ?

With flaws I don't necessarily only mean atrocities committed in the name of a religion, I just mean that no religion is THE ultimate truth as each of them has errors and false teachings. For example, while I don't rule out reincarnation (though it seems unlikely to me) the idea of reincarnating as an animal as taught in Hinduism is just plain silly. And as well the worshipping of animals such as cows.