Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 29-09-2006, 08:03 PM
~Jay~

The truth about Lucifer???

Been reading a discussion on another forum today about the real truth surrounding Lucifer, and it's given me alot of food for thought. Apparently Lynn Picknett has a book out on this subject, and the following is a brief summary of what she says:

Lucifer , it would appear, is NOT the evil demonic power of the universe we have been led to believe, but an ancient name for the power of the 'Divine Feminine' which manifests (If allowed!) in all things.

Mary Magdalene was once called 'Mary Lucifer', as was the Goddess Diana, known as 'Diana Luciferan'. ..It was only during the formation of modern Christainity by mysoginistic monks that the Lucifer energy was demoted to pure evil and lumped in with dieties such as Satan etc.

The snake in the Garden of Eden was always known as Lucifer, as it represents the kundalini energy in humanity..a snake-like power which rests coiled at the bottom of the spine (in the sacrum, a pyramid shaped hollow which is the last thing to burn during cremation!) until it rises up the spine once one has reached a certain level of spiritual understanding.

The Latin exptession "lucifer", meaning "bearer (or harbringer) of light" was a translation made by St. Jerome of the Hebrew "Hillel ben Shahar". This was supposedly one of the old epiteths of Venus, which is often referred to as the Morning Star.

It is not entirely clear whether Jerome himself translated it from Hebrew, or if he took this meaning from the word "Heosphorus" in the tranlation of the Bible into Greek around 200 BC (this translation is called "the Septuagint", "Seventy", because it's said that seventy scholars worked on it.)

There is little doubt that the identification of this name with Satan, the Ultimate Evil, was made by the church fathers as part of their effort to suppress any expression of the Sacred Feminine, practiced in sexual magic by many "pagan" societies. Their editing was a little shoddy, as there are at least two place left in the New Testament where Jesus is also referred to as "bearer of light".

So what do you all think?
Old 29-09-2006, 08:49 PM
dreamer

Absolutely right I would say, it ties in with the pentacle being the symbol of the divine femenine and also more recently the devil, devil coming from the greek devi , meaning female God/Goddess. If God is everything then is there really any place for pure evil anyway, through suppression the female divine has been demonised, the next age is supposed to be a feminine one though so mother earth can take a break and we can all relax and get in touch with our sensual side. But yeh it's an interesting point Jaycee.
Old 30-09-2006, 04:52 AM
mikron

Thanks for sharing ! and I mikron would like to open the ideas to a higher aspect that the concepts of Lucifer and the reason it means very little becuase that energy only want us to fail in ascension and the fact that all of us here in this forum are moving toward the light as a way our being our true self in higher reality means we we Are All Light Beings striving to Higher Peace Love and Light

mikron
Old 30-09-2006, 09:35 PM
BLAIR2BE

I dont have a lot of knowledge of this, but i have come across some information on the idea that the true meaning of lucifer to be "light" or way of the light or somthing like that. when exploring this possibility i suggest treading lightly, and being very carefull, as this sounds like it may be disinformation, to lead from the path of light, to a darker realm...
Old 01-10-2006, 10:10 AM
~Jay~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
I dont have a lot of knowledge of this, but i have come across some information on the idea that the true meaning of lucifer to be "light" or way of the light or somthing like that. when exploring this possibility i suggest treading lightly, and being very carefull, as this sounds like it may be disinformation, to lead from the path of light, to a darker realm...

I know what you mean BLAIR2BE - sometimes I just feel like banging my head against a brick wall wondering if what I'm reading is truth, part truth or pure disinfo. I guess that's a fundamental part of 'the path' tho, ain't it?
Old 01-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Lapis

Oh just watch the mega belief system changes that will unfold from here on out. 2007 I think will really launch the break down and break through of past limited and deliberately distorted global belief systems. With the ending Partiarchial rule, all their lies and distortions will be revealed at the same time. A lot of people are going to be extraordinarly angry and shocked at the vastness of the distortions. One of my favorite lines from Barbara Marciniak's Pleiadian group goes something like this...

"The Goddess has been totally banned during the Piscean Age".

Actually the Goddess has been banned by the Patriarchy for more like the past 5,000 years or so. rose I hope you've found this thread as it's now a place where all can talk more about "Goddess" concsiousness and energies etc. and how It's returning now through so many people and their higher Hearts.

In astrology this patriarchal rule has been clearly obvious with our archtypals (planets) and the huge lack of all the different aspects of the Goddess. We (humanity) have only been allowed the Moon (Luna aka lunacy and hysteria etc.) and Venus (the seductress, the beautiful young female) and Earth wasn't even in the group until about 20 years ago! So for the most part the only female archtypes that the Patriarchy has allowed were the 'crazy unstable females' who couldn't be trusted (Moon - Luna) and the 'young beautiful women' that were out to seduce males and destroy them for the most part!!!

Only about 20 some years ago some supposedly "new" asteroids were "discovered" and they each represented a bit more aspects of the Goddess.

Ceres - The Great Mother
Pallas Athene - The Warrior Queen
Vesta - The Eternal Flame
Juno - The Divine Consort

Recently another one named Xena has been added to our expanding consciousness and probably others I've forgotten. Point is that humanity really is currently reintegrating ancient Goddess consciousness which just means we're rapidly becoming balanced finally.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:11 AM
Master
I always thought that Lucifer was the Archetypal Patriarchal System; the renunciation of the Goddess etc. Not to say that Female energy could not be in renunciation of awakening too.
To me Lucifer is the ultimate autocrat. He/She would be the sort of being to call themself God just for the POWER and CONTROL. Sort of like; Yes I Am God and Light and Selfish with it, i.e. to my OWN ends etc.

Thats why I am so catious as to what extent we/people call ourself God or Light or Love etc.
In other words if God is *I AM* then all to more reason for some to please themselves! Or at least so in their eyes. Be careful, Lucifer energy is the ultimate corruptor and distorter of the TRUTH and TRUE GOD.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Knower
Lucifer was Satan's original name but since he is fallen , couldnt continue with such an angelic name and had to take on a new name as an exile.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:56 AM
dreamer

"I am" is only half the story, "everything is" is the story in full. Percetion of seperation is the only devil here, we are one - what evil could ever exist if this were truly known?
Closed Thread