Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-10-2010, 03:53 AM
Senga

Color Book of Rev inspired - Also in Spiritual Dev as Spiritual Exercise

Last May someone I was conversing with was saying they heard in the book of Revelations there is a passage that claims that in the end days one will only be able to tell the change of seasons by the changing of the leaves. I told them I wasn’t sure if that was actually in the book or not, but I decided to read it and find out. If it had been there we would of discussed it, but it’s not written in the book of Revelation and so far I haven’t seen the claim in those exact words anywhere in the bible. However, from reading Revelation something else happened to me.

In the book the spirit of the lamb, which is presumably Jesus commands the prophet to write letters to the churches of the world in that time. While reading the letter written to the angel of the church of Laodicea I was struck with the feeling that it was speaking straight to me. I pondered it for a few days and then decided if it were a letter to me then I should write back. I will next post the letter to Laodicea for convenience purposes followed by my response.

I believe we all grow and evolve daily and after these months it is possible my views have changed since the response, I will consider this and if it is the case will give an update soon.

Thoughts, comments and questions are welcome. Have any of you ever had a feeling like this that you decided to follow up on?

Blessings,
Senga

To the Church in Laodicea (Rev 3:14-22)

14"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!

16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

17You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.

20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

21To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

22He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Darkness and Light

I am the ruler of my world. I am one that believes there is a reason for all things great and small and those who enter my world (life) are there for a reason be it for a short time or an eternity.

I walk in both worlds (the dark and the light). I can not or I should say will not choose one or the other for at a time I was in the dark and I was lost and hurt and misunderstood and for a time I was in the light and I was lost and hurt and misunderstood and then came a time when I was stolen from the light and had to turn dark in on itself in order to survive and was rewarded with the ability to walk in both. For the first time in my existence I truly see or at least see more than I ever did before.

From my present position I can help those who come to me for aid and guidance and I can better love those who have been placed in my life in order that we shall have a time to mold and shape each other for our own best interests and wellbeing.

I can bring light into the darkness to lead those in its depths to a place where they can shine with their own internal light and I can bring a dark shade into the light that often shines too brightly to even illuminate and therefore only scorches and burns the eyes that seek truth only in terms of light. The sun is the source of our life on this planet, but extreme exposure can even bring death.

Light and dark, there is no true separation. You can’t have one without the other. It’s about balance and contrast. There is a fine line where light turns to darkness and darkness to light. It’s a circle. It is my opinion that straddling the line is a good place to be. Life is situational and sometimes it requires light, sometimes dark, sometimes a little of both.

Ego is always the shortcoming.

Total emergence in darkness or light is never a good thing. The ego prevails in such conditions. In darkness one comes to believe they are all powerful, invincible, even. In light one is overcome by self-righteousness, superiority and a false sense of entitlement. Pride cometh before a fall and those overtaken by ego land in the same pit despite whether they fall from the pedestal of dark or light.

Many people depend on me to be understanding and therefore I must remain situational. One incident at a time, one heart, one mind, one soul and spirit at a time, that is my way and it’s done out of love. I can’t be who I need to be if I am only half a person, free will is the gift that was given to me and this is how I choose to use it.
Old 26-10-2010, 04:21 AM
Shim

Deleted....

Last edited by Shim : 25-11-2010 at 03:34 AM.
Old 26-10-2010, 04:40 AM
Senga

Color Shim

Thank you for your response. I am aware they (the letters) were written for a specific audience and not me, but I am one that likes to deal in the mystical and do thought experiments and spiritual excercises. This account is only about how I perceived the letter and what was spoken to me, this may not be a good way to describe it, but I am doing the best I can LOL

The quote about being rebuked by God being an illumination, I like that and agree. That segment did catch my attention. I believe I am worth rebuking still.

I often feel I am on the fence about a lot of things and the not hot or cold, but lukewarm really got to me. But, at the time I didn't feel I could get off the fence that it was better for me to stay where I was and operate from there. Now I am feeling a bit differently, I don't have to stay on the fence, but I don't have to choose a side either. I feel more free.

Personally I think my litte response to the letter is a tad defensive and coming from a mild fear within myself at the time. I wouldn't call it an overwhelming fear, but fear none the less.

I am seeking to understand myself and this world.

Thank you for your time.

Blessings,
Senga
Old 26-10-2010, 05:03 AM
Shim

Deleted...

Last edited by Shim : 25-11-2010 at 03:34 AM.