Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-10-2010, 11:24 PM
kimmery

How does reincarnation work, if you're a Christian and believe?

Hello. :)

If you either go to heaven or hell... how does reincarnation work? I thought it said something about dying once in the bible. Please explain. Thanks.

How does it work*

Last edited by kimmery : 23-10-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 23-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmery
Hello. :)

If you either go to heaven or hell... how does reincarnation work? I thought it said something about dying once in the bible. Please explain. Thanks.

Rebirth here in this life. Born again. Baptism. Being covered in the holy spirit and moving from that place of God and not from the spirit of the world. When you do that you are born again. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God that is within man and in moving from that place there is no death for you. I remember there was a verse in the Bible where Jesus was praying and Moses and Elijah appeared and were walking and talking with him and his disciples were amazed. Because Moses and Elijah moved from the place of the Holy Spirit, there was no death for them.
Old 23-10-2010, 12:20 AM
JEN

Hi Kimmery.
I am definitely not the best qualified person to answer your very deep question. All I can do is give you my thoughts, which in no way mean to reflect on your own personal beliefs and faith.

There are a couple of points I would like to raise:
Many (or most) of the contemporary religious teachings were written by human beings who wrote a guide for others, within the context of their day: language, culture, power structures, sociology and education/understanding of the broader community. I believe much that is written are metaphors, and as cultures evolve and become more educated, so could the teachings of any religion. The meanings of words have changed as well, eg. 'sin' was an archery term meaning 'falling short of the mark/target', while 'fear' (I believe) was then a word meaning 'awe' rather than 'be scared of'. I also believe than some of the "rules" espounded by different religions may well indeed be related to health issues of the day: eg, pigs were notoriously carriers of ring worms; it is only in the last 100 years? that science has learnt to identify blood groups, making blood transfusions a safe option; etc.

The other thing is our understanding of the terms used: eg, heaven and hell. I am not convinced that "heaven and hell" dont exist right here on earth. Ever heard a person say they had a heavenly experiernce, or have just been through hell? Perhaps those terms are also metaphors for how we view our existence/our being, both on earth and as spirit.

Just food for thought.

Regards JEN
Old 23-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Guide
If you go to heaven then you don't reincarnate. You move on.

If you go to hell, your personality dies. That is the part of you that makes you you. You are gone, obliterated. The piece of God in you reincarnates with its memories of you, and tries again.
Old 23-10-2010, 12:51 AM
mahakali

buddha
god
demigod (asuras)
human
animal
ghost
demon

six realms then buddha is outside of those realms meaning enlightened one, so hell is not permanent. this is referring to the tibetain book of the dead.