Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 19-06-2017, 01:29 PM
Experiencer

Addressing who or what?

Affirmations seem to work for a small percentage of people who use them, from what I have researched so far.

I have a few questions of those that get results from using affirmations.

1) Who or what do you address the affirmation to?

( yourself, your subconscious mind, higher self, higher mind ( I'm not sure if HS and HM are one in the same), God, etc.)

2)Do you address them in first or second person?

( I Am healthy. I have abundance. I Am intelligent. Or, You are healthy, you have abundance, you are intelligent. )

3)Does writing them down each time you read them more effective than just reading them a few times a day?

Thank you for any input you may have.
Old 21-06-2017, 02:15 AM
Newbie ;)

hi, i address to the universe and i always use "I".
i find repetition is the key with affirmations.
i have never written them down, it might work well for some people to write them down.
Old 22-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Experiencer

Using first person " I " seems to be the correct way when writing them down or reading them.

However, I question whether recording the affirmation on audio( mp3 playback, in repeat mode ) using first person is still the best.

Example:

audio affirmations:

" I Am healthy. I Am happy. I Am wealthy..............."

compared to using"

" You are healthy. You are happy. You are wealthy......."

Would the subconscious more readily accept one way and reject the other? For that matter, just listening to an mp3 of affirmations, leaving out addressing the person ( leave out the " I " or " you " and just listen to. " Healthy, happy, wealthy,.........." over and over,

Some say when addressing the subconscious, either way is acceptable, but, I'm not so sure. It is also suggested just to use the one that feels more comfortable to you. My reply to that would be, shouldn't there be a standard, correct way to address the subconscious? Aren't we all the same?

And, are we really addressing the subconscious, or, should we be addressing higher mind, or, as you do, address the universe?

I'm assuming your method works, ( using " I ", address the universe, repetition ), would you say your method works some of the time, most of the time, or, all the time?
Old 22-06-2017, 03:10 PM
The most powerful and successful affirmation I ever used, in 1976, was when it started out
with writing the first day 3 xs in 10 groups...such as... (I'm making this up.)
Money comes easily to me, Bill.
Money comes easily to you, Bill.
Money comes easily to him, Bill... xs 10
Then, you just say it many times a day...esp while relaxed.

It covers all the unconscious ways we think of ourselves...notice how
your ears perk up when some whispers "she'' or "he did " such and such?
Then, the writing of it...using the hand and eyes...effects another area of the brain or mind.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Master
Hello,

Using the first person "I am" is how it works. You are addressing the Self, which is all that you are. It is best to verbally speak the affirmation. There are vibrational waves in your voice which the body can experience. That does not happen if you just write them on a piece of paper.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Color

Quote:
Using the first person "I am" is how it works. You are addressing the Self, which is all that you are.

It is best to verbally speak the affirmation. There are vibrational waves in your voice which the body can experience.
That does not happen if you just write them on a piece of paper.
John
I tell ya...say it, write it, sing it, write and burn it as you say it , place it
under a pyramid before you burn it...as you say it:
'I, Kate, am healthy; you, Kate, are healthy; she, Kate, is healthy'!!! Cover all the bases!
They all have worked for me and amazed my friends!
(Well, I never sang it.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Lorelyen

One thing is for sure - if you don't affirm (whether naturally without having to think about it; or as a deliberate act) you won't make the changes to your situation.

It's important to keep it practical. If it's really wildly out of reach it may have to progress through several stages.

Also important not to attach a time limit. Thirdly important - don't go searching for results. Just note when they happen.

If you're alone and not looking in the mirror, probably best to do first person but as Miss Hepburn says, once you get this habitual it probably doesn't matter as long as you're aware you mean yourself.

Never really thought about using second person. However, I have no doubt about the success of affirmations providing as I say, they're practical and done properly.

Old 23-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I tell ya...say it, write it, sing it, write and burn it as you say it , place it
under a pyramid before you burn it...as you say it:
'I, Kate, am healthy; you, Kate, are healthy; she, Kate, is healthy'!!! Cover all the bases!
They all have worked for me and amazed my friends!
(Well, I never sang it.)

That's interesting. I think I mentioned a while back that when getting ready at a zumba session I heard a fellow dancer la-la-ing a little tune - caught me because it sounded like something Caribbean I know. The girl knows of my spiritual inclinations from elsewhere. So when I asked about the tune she said "No, no...it's an affirmation. I just made up the tune to sing it. Now I just sing the tune." Did it work? She seemed to think so.

Old 29-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for all the great responses.

Seems like those who have gotten results use more than one technique, and, that makes sense.

The left brain would tend to think common sense methods as being the most effective, the most logical. The right brain, though, more imaginative, more creative.