Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Experiencer

I believe my guides may have tested me.

Ok, I'll admit that I am an occasional smoker. I've sort of been an on and off smoker for the past 5 years. Then last year I started up again when I was moving house. I tend to smoke when I'm stressing a lot but I will more than likely get sick of it and then stop. I can just simply stop smoking, I know it sounds crazy but I can.

Last week I was preparing to travel up north to see my sister. I decided to go out to the footpath for a smoke before the train arrived. While I was trying to light the cigarette, I remember getting a slight burn from the lighter. It was a windy day and the flame sort of blew on to my thumb a bit. I later realised that this was a sign.

So as I was travelling up to Bundaberg, I was sitting on the train doing some visualisations. I was visualising my spirit being a bright white light and imagined like a bright haze eminating from within. I was also visualising a
bright white being like an angel. It is something I've begun doing lately, I believe what I am seeing is my spirit guide. Everytime I do this I feel really great like I feel a change come over me. I get this feeling of great love come through me, it's a really uplifting experience for me.

Anyhow, I got to my sister's house to spend the weekend there. I hadn't told my sister that I begun smoking, she had no clue I was until that night.

For the vast majority of that day I was feeling really great, I was still experiencing what I was visualising in the train. As I do regularly now, I visualise my soul/spirit as being a bright white light.

Later that night my father rings her up. I overheard them speaking and dad saying he saw me standing out the front of the station at about 10 am. Something clicked in my mind, I thought "Oh no, I hope he didn't see me smoking, I'll just keep quiet". Sure enough he did, my sister gets off the phone "Dad saw you smoking as he drove past the station this morning" No I hadn't told him either, so that was the first he knew about it.

I rang dad shortly after and he said that he did indeed see me smoking out the front of the station. As he drove past in his mini-bus he beeped the horn, but I didn't see or hear him. I was looking down lighting my cigarette, that was about time I felt the burn on my thumb.

Yes for some reason I didn't want to tell people I smoke, I sort of want to keep it a secret sometimes. I guess I dread being nagged and lectured and everything.

Anyhow, a voice came through and said "You got burned". Then I thought in more ways than one. It was a bit of a let down after I had been feeling so great all day. Maybe it was my angels' way of keeping a lid on my high feelings or something.

I really wasn't happy that I was sprung like that. The thing I get out of it though is I believe that my spirit guides and I are finally communicating or I am interacting with them.

So yeah, I think my guides may have tested me a bit. I don't think I passed the test to be honest, I got quite flustered at them really. I am excited that I am interacting with them at least though.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Deactivated Account

hi Colhad,

Interesting experience. Nice to hear you are communicating with your spirit guides.My guess would be you did get a message from them when you got burned, perhaps to stop smoking ? Maybe you could talk to them and ask them for some alternative suggestions of things you can do, instead of smoking, when you are feeling stressed ?

Very nice on your visual and the feeling of love with it !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 04-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Medium_Laura

It could have been "Don't light that right now, your dad will see." They allow us to do what we wish "free will", but possibly to save you that disappointment later when dad found out, they were warning you to stop and wait.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Experiencer

Yep, I fully intend to stop smoking once this packet runs out. I wish to start looking after my health a bit better. I am diabetic as well so need to get it under control too.

Thinking of going for some energy healing in a couple of weeks. I think it is something I would benefit from.

I went to a psychic yesterday and she believed I am psychic myself and that I need to continue with meditation. She said the reason it's taking me a while is because I'm not grounded. Which means that I am not Earth bound. I tend to be a bit floaty, I feel that when I am meditating in that I feel as though I'm flying. This tends to spook me a bit, I've had some scary things happen to me whilst meditating.

I'll keep plugging away. I believe if you want something and work for it, you will succeed eventually. I will become a decent psychic because I'm working at it.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Medium_Laura

Well that's 2 of us that said that to you lol. I remember suggesting my white light and grounding meditations :) Sometimes its easier to believe someone in person I guess :)
Old 05-10-2011, 01:56 PM
santacruz18

Extra validation can be a source of comfort. Laura's grounding meditation has been really helpful to me. It really helped keep the energy under control.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:38 PM
dreambot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colhad75
I went to a psychic yesterday and she believed I am psychic myself and that I need to continue with meditation.

Define 'psychic'? I think everyone is just on a sliding scale in terms of sensitivity to paranormal phenomena.

To discuss the main topic, from what you've said I think it's very likely that you were being tested, it's happened to me countless times. Lately I get tested all the time haha.

It was easier for me to communicate with my spirit guide after I triggered my third eye open, I had full conversations with telepathy with my main spirit guide and this other spirit which kept comming into my room.

Maybe you should try to be more forceful when trying to quit smoking? Did you know that even if you experience clear telepathy with a spirit guide - they can't directly tell you your lessons. They'll have to arrange situations for you which trigger you to learn for yourself.

Of course some people would say the situation is merely a coincidence, but since I have endless supply of tests myself I understand how you feel.