Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 02-10-2014, 05:08 PM
DontLetThemIn

Terrifying first lucid dream.

I have been meditating and all sorts of preparing for my first lucid dream. And it came for the first time the other night. I had gotten ready for bed, meditated and listened to binural beats. I also repeated the phrase "I will lucid dream and i will remember it" (i know, i shouldve been saying control instead of remember). I kept hearing voices as i was doing this. And i I didnt know i fell asleep. Everything stayed normal as if i was awake. Then i had to pee. I tried getting up but i was tired so i layed down. Then my little cousins (who I "thought" were asleep) come into my room saying my tablet was broken, so i attempted to turn on my lights to see it but my lights wouldnt turn on, i realized i was sleeping. So i walked into our den to see my aunt and uncle, i tried speaking but no words would come out right, it was pure breathe it seemed (unless i tried yelling, like "HEY!" came out.) I also feel like everyone was ignoring me. I tried telling my uncle "Hey, please help me. im sleeping and I need to pee.. my lights wont come on. Wake me up". Still nothing. So i went upstairs to my garage, and the lights still wouldnt come on. went into the bathroom to pee but no lights. so i went downstairs and tried talking to people, who ignored me.. So i layed down in my bed for what felt like 45 minutes attempting to scream for help.. Just screaming and begging for someone to help me.. It was confusing and because of that a bit scary.
In the beginning of it there was music too. random music.. Has anyone ever had a lucid dream like that and can tell me about it? i felt lost.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:49 AM
SeattleLMP

Try yelling, "wake up!" If I do that in a lucid dream I will wake up so fast I can still hear myself yelling, "...up!" as I open my eyes. That is pretty much all I do in lucid dreams is wake myself up because it's gotten scary. If I start trying to control the dream I will usually wake up within a few minutes anyway. My lucid dreams are pretty lame.

The light switch things is also usually the giveaway for me. Or else I am not able to dial a phone or make a phone call. Sometimes I realize it, sometimes I don't.
Old 18-10-2014, 03:22 AM
DontLetThemIn

I had another one the other night.. I woke myself up what felt like 3 minutes into it, i didnt want to stay.. haha, i didnt know I fell asleep, but then again i "knew" So i sat up and tried to turn on my light but it didnt turn on.. so I woke up. I think im just trying to master becoming lucid. :) Ima try again tonight and explore a bit this time.
Old 18-10-2014, 04:22 AM
howl hej

Whoaa mass cool :) not the feeling of unpleasantness persay but your determination. I lucid frequently just never in control bcos I'm lazy

Keep it up and share when ya can b
Old 18-10-2014, 02:57 PM
DontLetThemIn

Haha, :) thanks, i will share next time!
Old 18-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator
Do you feel ignored in real life, that your voice isn't heard at times? It could be the lucid dream is trying to shed light on this so you can be rid of the feelings that brings up in you. Just a symbolic perspective on the lucid dream.
Old 19-10-2014, 01:58 AM
DontLetThemIn

Actually, yes i do. And I havent thought of it like that.. How interesting.
Old 27-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Seeker
Lucid dreams can be scary at the beginning .I started to had a lucid dream in the age of around 12 years old.at the beginnings in most of the times I had lucid nightmares. so I find out a simple way to wake my self up. I was jumping from the high areas. But I was wake up from the dream with the feeling of falling,it was not to nice experience . Also the dream start to being to realistic . I remember one time when I had the dream was so realistic, I was not to sure if I was dreaming or not, so I did not decide to jump form the 3th floor ( my flat was on 3th floor at that time).
therefore I will not recommend this method. Also one time when I decide to wake up by jumping from window. my dream restart himself ! 3-4 times it was terrible !I had the feeling that I stuck in a nightmare.
method I find working very good was stop breathe in the dream, but then I woke up suddenly pulling air into the lungs,also not very nice feeling.

DontLetThemIn - next time during the lucid dream, try to leave the body ( oobe)
It is very easy during the lucid dream, because your physical body is sleeping ,but mind is conscious.