Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Guide
Quote:
I just don't come across them.
Yes, and for very good reason, like you've said before. Then go onto to those who have gone through it, recovered and write about it in some format, even fewer yet. I do think there is a particular sense of empowerment when a group of peers get together with similar intent and understanding. Also, it's great how you were able to find the other woman, and the healers.

Personally, I've found similar dim statics, never really found a perfect fit with a group like how you mentioned. I have found more of niches though, where they perfected an aspect I was struggling with, then I adapted their model to my style.

Also if I may, I can relate to what you say about how some say they understand, but really, they don't; I know personally, there are some things that truly you have to have gone through to understand how deeply or profoundly such as experience shakes you down to your core.

Quote:
I'm sure that there are the stories of healing out there from all this. It's just very hard finding it all.
It is very hard for me as well to find books, blogs, articles, people, my google-fu is weak though; and I can count on one hand how many books I've found that would pertain towards my own experience, but they were integral in my healing process, so hey it's all good.

I do think that the stigma of mental health issues(as well as cultural/language barriers) can cause a hamper on open dialog, or access to information, so I just imagine there are more out there, just merrily putting along in their own spot on the globe.

Quote:
“The schizophrenic is drowning in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight,” Joseph Campbell
Awesome, that's the quote I like.

Quote:
Difficult to know what to do with it all?
You may be speaking more concretely than I take it, so I might be off base here....
What "all" are you having difficulty in knowing how to use? I can relate to the feeling of; I know I need to do something with this, but I don't know what this is nor what to do. Continuing on with the metaphor, once I was able to identify the thing I was grasping in the dark as a doorknob, then I was able to open the door to knowledge and awareness. So lots of metaphorical fumbling in the dark, but once you find the light switch(or a flashlight, or door) it gets easier. (I hope this helps, and at the least a good chuckle).

So take this as my cheering you on, a "you did it!", and a "way to go!"
Old 17-10-2012, 10:14 PM
spiritualized

Thanks sheep. X
Old 18-10-2012, 09:58 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
What "all" are you having difficulty in knowing how to use?

I suppose all of it - Living this life, in this culture/World, with the experiences that I've had. Don't know how to describe it all? Existence - seems very 'odd' sometimes.

Quote:
So take this as my cheering you on, a "you did it!", and a "way to go!"

Thanks - I do need to acknowledge more the progress made.