Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 27-11-2014, 12:26 AM
crestfallen

I think there's something nice about referring your TF as your other half. However, you cannot believe them to be your other half in all sincerity because then you will look for your TF to provide all the self-esteem, love, and confidence that you already should have cultivated inside yourself. Love is inside you already, you have to love yourself first before you can love another and before you can be loved by another.

When I started loving myself, taking care of myself, and forgiving myself, that's when I was able to just peacefully become at one with my TF. He cannot provide all good feelings for me- I have to do that myself, starting with me. The rest of the pieces come down soon after that! :)
Old 27-11-2014, 12:28 AM
Deactivated Account

@july14 Your feelings are perfectly real, and I don't mean to invalidate anyone's feelings with the things I write. But it's good you're questioning some of your own beliefs and thoughts about it. I understand the energy and the way it drives you crazy.. feeling those things without attaching anything to them (like stories about what *should be* because of what you *think is*) is the best thing to do. You can find self-comfort in experiencing them. You're being there for yourself, and that's the most important thing. The connection teaches us to go deeper into ourselves, to find balance where it always was. Our egos just tend to blind us to that reality with all the stories it's built up over the years. The spiritual path therefore is not one of learning, but one of unlearning. And taking that path will be more help to you than anything else you can do.

Keep up the good work :) You're a brave person.
Old 27-11-2014, 12:30 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestfallen
I think there's something nice about referring your TF as your other half. However, you cannot believe them to be your other half in all sincerity because then you will look for your TF to provide all the self-esteem, love, and confidence that you already should have cultivated inside yourself. Love is inside you already, you have to love yourself first before you can love another and before you can be loved by another.

When I started loving myself, taking care of myself, and forgiving myself, that's when I was able to just peacefully become at one with my TF. He cannot provide all good feelings for me- I have to do that myself, starting with me. The rest of the pieces come down soon after that! :)

Yeesss! So true!
Old 27-11-2014, 12:38 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
What I'm doing is throwing other ways of seeing things out to people so they don't have to be trapped in misery. It's all good and well that people can believe what they want.. everything is subjective. But when it comes to your own happiness.. you don't have to suffer if you don't want to. Now this going to sound harsh but people who suffer over their twin only suffer because they want to. They have an ideal of happiness but that's all it is. Another delusion to soothe their self-pity. They don't actually want happiness right then and there. And you know, there's nothing wrong with that either. But they do have a choice, and as long as they fantasize about happiness, then the desire still exists, no matter how abstracted and twisted. So if I can help people become aware to that through stating opposing views of thinking, just to get them out of their funk, then so be it. You can believe that your twin is half of your soul or not, but as there is no evidence for this thing then it's just a story intended to soothe the ego, until such a time where a person doesn't need such a concept for their own self-happiness. Then the belief is just an enjoyment, not taken seriously.

As I said I dont go by the theory of a Twin being the other half of a soul ..But I see nothing wrong if someone does believe in it.. Scarlett everything you just said there is just YOUR opinion.There is no evidence about anything you say either.. It may work for you and that's fantastic for you..

Its actually not all so black and white there is alot of Grey Areas and as I said Some people have had real relationships with their TF..

Some people have had this in their lives for decades not because they have not let go or they are weak but because they have been with them and they are in their lives .. When you have a TF in your life not just over a computer its alot harder than just turning off a computer and walking away..Im not saying over the computer is any less at all it can be just as intense but different..But They may just need some time to heal ,nothing wrong with that either..People will do things in their own time ..Best of luck to you
Old 27-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Guide
Quote:

Yes to this
Old 27-11-2014, 03:06 AM
goingone

Quote:
Love is inside you already, you have to love yourself first before you can love another and before you can be loved by another.
:)
I love myself so much, that I can't find proper match
Old 27-11-2014, 04:28 AM
Experiencer
@ScarlettHayden
Someone once said to me:
"You can't let your happiness depend on what you can not control."

Some things we can't really control but we can help somehow indirectly, the other things that are totally out of reach we need to just let it be and keep on living our lives.
Things happen for a reason, in the right time. Sometimes we think this and that is not coming, but it's just that maybe we're not ready yet. We may think we are but we're not. And so we get fixated on some ideas and ultimately see nothing else, letting good opportunities slip through our fingers.
These song verses seem very true to me:
"Everyone goes where they belong. Nobody goes elsewhere."
"You can run from love. And if it's really love it will find you. Catch you by the heel"

But as I always say, what do I know...
Old 27-11-2014, 07:17 AM
Deactivated Account
It definitely isn't easy. But there's no way around it, either. And the feeling that comes with true acceptance of what is, is so wonderful it's indescribable. It's a beautiful gift to give yourself and your flame. My comments are simply to encourage. Because there are those who are close to letting go, or who need help on the way, and will do it when the time is right and they are ready.

A note on 'acceptance.' This doesn't mean you agree with every decision TF/SC has made or how they may have treated you or what they may have done or said. You don't have to 'agree' to accept. Acceptance is merely that..accepting that what is, as reality. This includes them not necessarily feeling the exact same way you do. Yes harsh, and easier said than done.
Old 27-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Deactivated Account

I have always thought of these ideas as models. Ie, you might feel like they "are like" the other half of your soul (and other SC'smay not identify with that).
I like the idea that these "souls" we speak of are cut to a pattern, like two cars that are both 1999 Toyota forerunners, then the individual who has one of those models still becomes a unique person. I think 2 people can be cut from the same pattern- perhaps with one of you the masculine version (half in a sense, if you want to see it that way) and the other the feminine. With souls this pattern could still be very unique, with only a few copies on earth at any given time, hence it is very rare to meet one's twin, yet some can meet more than one (but some might be more like a close cousin of your soul pattern...) the thing is, either way, it is no accident who turns up in your life as a trigger/catalyst soul connection- the pairing is never accidental or random.

For some reason I was never concerned with the "only one," idea, couldn't care less whether I could rule out if they were the only one, that truly never interested me. Partly because I learned according to the "functional syndrome" model such as mental health diagnosis- which is rooted in math, is based on statistical probability. It explains current functioning and whether the signs/symptoms/traits can reliably (mathematically) distinguish those in the group from those outside of the group.

Since I was concerned with the "is this real?" idea, I realized that the signs and syncs and telepathy were real, that all of the signs pointed to the conclusion that yes, I belonged to the twin soul club; I had met a twin soul or catalyst soul connection such as I had not met before, based on then-current functioning, signs etc. ANd I tested it to the max, and the connection was real, and DEFINITELY my onslaught of chakra opening and psychic abilities and channeling spiritual info - that was all real like never before. I did not need another to validate that.

To be honest I would love to meet another SC who would be just as "real" of a twin soul, was hoping I would, that what I was learning pointed to a better one on the way. But I realized it don't work that way, still had to focus on me.
I just kinda want to clarify that I don't participate on here to try to understand my own current SC or to pine over the loss of contact or anything like that. I just want to learn of others' similar paths because I think we were all chosen to help with earth's ascension and I wonder how we are progressing on that as a group. I have fully concluded that the world's corruption and the advent of disclosure are what it is all about and SO much bigger than our individual egos and stories (but I shall be patient; I know other SC's aren't focused on that). So that's what interests me. But I still have lots of empathy for what some are going thru on here, and I basically remember the pain of the connection-that-won't-go-away with someone who wanted nothing to do with me. I just don't want to forget that and be insensitive to others' pain, but my focus moved off the SC a while ago. Maybe I should get out more to try to meet someone
Old 27-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Twins are not the other half of your soul. That's delusional.
And even if they were, it has no significance whatsoever.
These stories you build around your feelings only cause misery.
Let the feelings just be, and stop trying to control everything.
When you let go of holding on, you will find freedom.
That's all.

What are you saying, Scarlett?
Please be careful honey. I mean yes, we can be whole without them, but... okay its confusing.
If they wouldnt be the other half of our soul, I guess things would be much different.. imo