Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 07-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I never even heard the twin flame story till I was like 40, and I think people could be freer and have more meaningful relationships without the expectations associated with being a 'twin flame'. I wonder if it's fair to expect anyone to live up to these unrealistic standards, and I doubt anyone can, so that causes a lot of disappointment and anxiety.

I do believe the myths or misunderstanding of the twinflame concept can. But I also think that if someone falsely believe they found their TF, the bubble eventually will burst, and they'll move on. No one (in their right mind) would endure this journey if they actually were able to escape this ordeal and go be happy with someone else. :)

the future's so bright

Old 07-04-2013, 11:10 AM
boxinggregger0

It's a journey into the 'self'....to remember who you are , soul connections could be the tipping point to take a look and also could be a 'coarse ' correction , diffrent for all .

Last edited by boxinggregger0 : 07-04-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:41 PM
VesicaPhoenix11

Book1

I'd say the twin flame theory in essence shouldn't feed personal melodrama and I would think should promote not having expectations. As those who know they are in a twin flame interaction should be focused on their spiritual growth and therefore allow for change, and why fret about the here and now when you know your both one anyway? This is just one incarnation, right? But I do not know much about it, I read about it a year or so ago and briefly personally identified with it and then let that go as attempting to define an interaction that didn't need to be defined.

I do think the idea that we must find a partner to complement ourselves as either part of the spiritual path, as a fulfillment of the expectations of society, or as a need for another to validate our existence and give our lives purpose is the culprit for much personal melodrama. It's rampant.

I think those who want personal melodrama will find it without any theories to assist them and those who don't, won't.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:43 PM
AutumnL

Gem,
I am sure that there are people that misconstrue their worldly relationship as the labeled tf connection but there definitely exists a spiritual bond such as the tf experience. All I can say is once u go through it, u will understand. It does get frustrating when someone voices the frairie tale dreams they may be living and minimizing the validity of the experience.
Sorry but u my friend have yet to experience this tf phenomena. But u have the right to your opinion!
Old 07-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by VesicaPhoenix11
I think those who want personal melodrama will find it without any theories to assist them and those who don't, won't.

I like this.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Master
I never heard of Twin Flames until coming to this forum and honestly, I detest it. It sounds so ludicrous. I have no idea who came to this conclusion that this is what it is. I post here from time to time because I have experienced something, but I don't know what it is. I've got lots of uncanny things that went on before, and present that I can't explain. There's a bond/tie or something, that I can't explain. It does feel like a spiritual bond.

I chuckled over VP11's comment that Squatchit liked as well..."those who want personal melodrama will find it w/out any theories to assist them..." I get the sense of a lot of need and obsession from much of what I read....and that leads to melodrama.

Personally, I think the whole explosion of twinflame talk is debilitating and yet enabling some vulnerable people into dwelling, obsessing and not being able to move on and find a healthy relationship.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Suspended

Old 07-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Recently I've been wondering if the 'Twin Flame Story' is perpetuating personal melodrama.

Maybe the aggrandising of 'twin flames' sets expectations which don't acurately represent the reality of peoples lives, and this creates anguish in the hearts of those who aspire to reach for unattainable ideals.

Hey Gem.
Do NOT knock the melodrama of these kinds of strong soul connections (whatever people label it as).

It has its purpose.

These kinds of intense longings/loving without the drudgery of a physical relationship often manifest into creativity.

Throughout the human history in every culture, men and women who experienced these kinds of soul connections have composed soulful music, have written heartbreaking poetries, have painted breathtaking paintings, and have written timeless love stories.

We are richer because of this kind of melodramatic love.

I like it. It has its purpose, a very important one.
Often people learn what love is or should be from those creations of “melodramas”

Without the “melodramatic creativities” of those who have suffered, I wonder if we would ever know love.

Just do not label it... because it is beautiful just as it is...
Old 07-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Master
True I bet those even doubt if love exist. Walking through earth wondering is this all there is to life. I've been there having normal relationships. I did not read tf then created/made up the experience. The experience came first only until a year n a half did I discover tf n soul mates. So no it's not made up it happens without a definition of it being tf. It just happened that the experience fit to a tee. It exist why because history reflect many stories of these kinds of love u call it melodramas.
It is part of human existence.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:52 PM
amy green

I, too, never came across this TF concept until I joined here. I don't claim to have a good understanding of it but one thing puzzles me about it. Twin flame implies union, harmony - yet here it seems to be filled with so much angst. I don't get it. Is it that someone is trying to make someone their TF when it doesn't ring true to that person or what?