Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 10-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Ascender

Consciousness...Where is it??

This is a very hot topic at the moment..

Is it produced by the brain? Is it received by the brain?

Scientifically, is it possible to exist apart from the brain?? After the brain dies??

If it is produced by the brain after all, would that scupper the survival after death hypothesis??

A lot really rides on this doesn't it??
Old 10-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Knower
Perhaps consciousness is everything? I don't see consciousness different then what people call 'energy'. All form, even the air are made up of tiny particles or strings you could call subatomic particles or light. I think the human brain is like an interface we use and develop in order to experience the light spectrum of the physical world. If we weren't in our human bodies, the self awareness we have would literally be in all places at once in the energy field of earth. We'd see all the terrible things on earth and it would crush us. That is why we experience in limited awareness first, which is hard enough for some people
Old 18-08-2015, 03:56 AM
Master
Where is this topic hot?
Old 18-08-2015, 06:36 AM
Master
This reminds me of one of Nassim Haramein's quotes:

“Looking for consciousness in the brain is like looking Inside a radio for the announcer.”

but if you go to the center of a cell, you might be able to catch a glimpse of it.
Old 18-08-2015, 09:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Scientifically, is it possible to exist apart from the brain?? After the brain dies??

That "scientifically" gets me, people experience their consciousness outside of their brain in near death and out of body experiences. When people say "Scientifically" or "Rationally" usually what they mean is Materialism, according to materialism consciousness can't exist beyond the brain, but it's just a theory and I don't think a particularly good one.

I think the radio analogy is better than that of the brain producing consciousness. As to where it is, this world is limited by time and space in ways that the spiritual world is not. Only spiritual development will show us the true nature of consciousness, although investigative science can be done on spiritual matters, but the moment just undertaking such tests puts you outside the orthodox materialist framework.
Old 18-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Master

Consciousness is perceived by the senses, processed by the brain and understood by the soul.
Old 19-08-2015, 12:14 AM
Master
The soul is consciousness
Old 19-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrdpliMfoAM

:)

Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 19-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Seeker

i think our consciousness and subconscious is in our brain and maybe we have a higher consciousness that's in our soul ,when our bodies die,we still have that higher consciousness
Old 19-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Seeker

The soul. When your soul leaves your physical body you become unconscious. Execept from when you die, your soul leaves but your still conscious through your soul.