Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 05-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Master
Enlightment is waking up to who you are as a spiritual being and attaining the state of self love and love for all else. It comes with understanding the duality of this physical environment and knowing that it is temporary. It is gaining control of the physical body and living without its pleasures.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Knower

It seems to me that the right question is: Is it possible to be enlightened and have a low consciousness at the same time? If I look at my reality, then the answer is Yes. For example, asking the question "who or what is God?" Is caused by what is inside of you. The knowledge about God and life after death for example. Knowledge that comes naturally, with birth. That is enlightenment. But consciousness is a choice.
There are a lot of enlightened people with low consciousness. People who are aware of God and the afterlife, but when someone misbehaves say that person needs to be punished. Or say that God is something to be feared.
Also look at the ancient Egyptians for example. They were aware of life after death, but they used slaves to get there.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Knower

I feel enlightenment is realizing god
Old 06-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Master
Brandon Bays Enlightenment

http://www.newworldlibrary.com/Artic...x#.WOYWMnnlvcs

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 07-04-2017, 03:56 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared.L
What does “enlightenment” mean to you?
An object of belief in a diversity of religions.
Old 22-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Master
Quote:
...What does “enlightenment” mean to you?
Being truthful.
Old 25-06-2017, 08:26 PM
Pathfinder
Quite interesting to try to define it.

Enlightenment ... realization of oneness,
seeing through the illusion of the existence of "I" as separate from the rest of the universe,
seeing that the phenomenal world is as much real as our dreams are.

Haven't experienced it myself but the descriptions of "enlightenment" I have personally heard or read about
(by people who claim to be enlightened and are also believed to be enlightened by many other people) have been surprisingly similar.
These people come from somewhat similar tradition though.

But still ... I believe that enlightenment is like waking up from a dream.
And it's a kind of "yes" or "no" experience ... like flicking a switch ... a sudden shift in understanding, not a gradual process of becoming wiser.
Like the shift from sleeping state to waking state ... the transition is usually quite sudden,
there is no long in-between between sleep/dreaming and being awake (every rule always has exceptions though).
Old 28-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
What does “enlightenment” mean to you?
Enlightenment is the self-defined awareness through an experiential symbiosis with the essence of absolute consciousness.
Old 28-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Deactivated Account
To me, enlightenment is not about knowing more and being smarter than others, but more like being aware of things others aren't aware of.
Old 29-06-2017, 02:55 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Enlightenment is the self-defined awareness through an experiential symbiosis with the essence of absolute consciousness.

What is "absolute consciousness"? I may have asked you in the past or stated there is no such thing.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman