Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 11-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowWorm
The OP, as Ginsune mentioned, is likely going on about ancestral worship. It would definitely fit in with their culture.

Unless you worship your ancestors, as in having a shrine inside your house.

Unless you actually pray to them asking for guidance, asking for protection, asking for benefits such as good crops, etc. Unless they protect your house & lands from evil spirits be they human or spiritual and that actually has been proven as there's some remote countries where ancestral worship is still high foreigners who don't ask permission to travel the land get sick where locals will remain as healthy as horses.

Unless all that and more your ancestors need not apply.

Because your heritage to ancestral worship is irrelevant.

I think some people (including myself) misread OP's post to refer to ancestors in general. The only part of my heritage relevant to my spirituality is me being Jewish, and that's a far cry from ancestor worship. My apologies.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:40 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowWorm
The OP, as Ginsune mentioned, is likely going on about ancestral worship. It would definitely fit in with their culture.

Unless you worship your ancestors, as in having a shrine inside your house.

Unless you actually pray to them asking for guidance, asking for protection, asking for benefits such as good crops, etc. Unless they protect your house & lands from evil spirits be they human or spiritual and that actually has been proven as there's some remote countries where ancestral worship is still high foreigners who don't ask permission to travel the land get sick where locals will remain as healthy as horses.

Unless all that and more your ancestors need not apply.

Because your heritage to ancestral worship is irrelevant.

What a kind and thoughtful way of redirecting the conversation...

Last edited by Clio_86 : 12-06-2016 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:59 AM
Master
My ancestors on my father's side date back to the Templar Knights through his mother (Arlington line).

Nothing is known about my paternal grandfather.

My Maternal grandfather dates back to the Highlanders of Scotland (Gordon clan)

In the end, there can only be ONE! - oh the blissful joy of that tastes so sweet right now...I can feel 'the quickening' rising up my spine like wildfire...but anyway...

Nothing is known about my maternal grandmother apart from being of French peasant lineage..

So that's about that...as far as I know.

Quote:
Ah western ancestral spirits bragging rights or your pedigree.
Yep, totally...now, if you were to read the Dead Sea Scrolls in regards to it all... ;)
Old 12-06-2016, 05:30 AM
Master
my ansestr frm all ovr dofnt contrys u cud saysum frm iland scotlnd norwy u cud say duthc u cud say its why i luv goin 2 nevlnds i thng i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 12-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Master
I have at least one Taoist deity for an ancestral spirit. I saw him in a vision when I was doing something I wasn't supposed to- getting involved in astral wars. I learned my lesson. I have seen other visions of people and writings of ancient China. My ancestral spirits do not care about worshipping them or paying homage. They are interested in how the new generations grow and develop spiritually. The ancestral shrines stopped with our immigration to the US. I'm a bit sad about the loss of tradition.
Old 13-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Suspended
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio_86
What a kind and thoughtful way of redirecting the conversation...

Lol. I can be quite a bit more kind & thoughtful if you desire.

Because it is, after all, a tad disrespectful to not research other people's cultural beliefs. Even if you weren't aware of the fact they were going on about ancestral worship and not heritage they introduce themselves as belonging to a cultural group that still believes in ancestral worship. I know this because I have friends from near that area who are likewise into ancestral worship; but for others there is always google.

Ancestral worship is distinctive. And no fae, deities, etc. do not count.

The ancestors do care about their descendants, they don't just throw you to the wolves. If you believe they "don't care" it is because you actually don't care for them. It is literally tic for tac as the saying goes. I said there are places where ancestral worship is still quite high and where tourists will get sick for not showing proper respect or asking permission while the locals will remain very healthy. Even in the US - there's aboriginal tribes which still obey ancestral worship rules and where outsiders [hunters, hikers, etc.] who trespass without showing proper respect are well known to simply disappear. Headless Valley in British Columbia is a good example of that lack of respect and what can happen in extreme situations. There's also a place in southern Europe where it is said if you but utter the name of the Christian god in its presence that something will literally tear you limb from limb because of how those of the Inquisition treated that thing's worshippers.

I for example once, in Montana, ran into a cougar when trekking the backwoods of a reserve. There was, at closest, just 25 feet between us. This was no baby puma, this was a nearly mature adult male. And he wasn't frightened in the slightest, more curious about some bizarre two-legged beast on his land. I am sitting here typing instead of being inside some cat's stomach [for all I had with me was a walking stick] because before I even started I visited one of the Elders and asked permission to venture onto their land. I didn't just say, heck with rules [of any sort]. This isn't the first time I have had close encounters with some major predator as I love exploring, wandering far off the beaten path. Now how many people have run into cougars or bears or wolves in the backwoods and don't come out again.
Old 24-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Seeker

I have German and Polish on my fathers side. On my moms Native American and Norwegian I believe. My grandmother was Ojibwe from the Red Cliff reservation in northern Wisconsin. She diddnt know much about her spiritual culture, told me stories about being taken to one of the catholic boarding schools and how evil the nuns were to her. I looked more into my lineage at one of my great grandfathers was Chief Buffalo. He was apart of treaties for the tribe and made a trip to DC on a canoe.

I'm not sure about much on my fathers side I'll have to look more into it.
Old 24-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Master
my dads sid so big i no but mixtr of all srs u cud say
my mos sidonly small lk nomdy rom gipsy i thng

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 29-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Guide
Im Chilean and Bahamian, but i spoke to a medium who also said i come from a lineage of scandonavians. Like vikings, as she put it lol. Which explains why ive always been obsessed with them. I think it may have been a grandmother who was celtic. I m not entirely sure as I was adopted and never met my biological family.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Very cool guys