Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 16-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Seeker
Many Moons ago I was told that physical activity ...actually to the point of exhaustion (in my case anyway) can be quite effective in turning down the mental machinations in much the same way as meditation can.
My case was a bit different and I (at that young age) had no idea how beneficial such advice was.
Quote:
I find physical activities that force focus like lifting weights or cardio/ yoga are great once you get going - have you ever considered this as a focus whilst changing the meds instead of everything being focused on mind - let the meds do their thing as you and your physical body do something that you can track improvement in?
This sounds like an excellent suggestion!!!
Blessings
"Peace comes within the souls of men when they realize their relationship, their oneness, with the universe and all its powers; and when they realize that at the center of the Universe dwells Wakan-Tanka, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us." —BLACK ELK, OGLALA SIOUX, 1863 – 1950
Old 07-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Seeker

Positive Affirmations Targeting Schizophrenia

Positive Affirmations Targeting The Effectiveness Of Medications

They had to change an early diagnosis of someone I know due to medication combined with the affirmations from the above links. Managed the voices until there was a release of them completely along with a major cleansing of emotions that might have been part of the original cause. Hope you find it as useful as he did. I think google has it on the first page now. Keep to it. Repetition is key.
Old 25-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Pathfinder

To the OP: Do anything that empowers you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Psychosis comes from a split in the psyche IMO and the self is crying out for integrity.
I don't have schizophrenia itself but have been diagnosed with something that falls into similar category, could say there's truth to what you said.

I recall my mental health (usually) got a lot worse when I felt I had to force myself into defining myself as how cultural roots and social norms see acceptable, although this was also a way to ensure my safety because during those times getting bullied daily was getting out of hand and nobody could support me handling it. It was easier for authorities and even family to dismiss it although legally they'd have had responsibility to intervene. So I took as radical measures as dismissal of my own truth/self-sacrifice to survive. Partly also self-hate came in because I couldn't follow my certain (probably a bit idealised?) goals for health reasons, so I just mulled in the past and obsessed over avenging everyone who dared to bully me.
However everytime I started believing in my... even impossible goals of life, my mental health got better but sometimes I ended up being too optimistic, which also made me kind of blind and ungrounded. Toxic relationships are a big "No!".
From experience I'd say believing in oneself and their own sense of reality combined with common healthy habits of life (such as exercise, food, relaxation, goal-oriented thinking) are helpful.

Also although I prefer thinking fictional people =/= real life role models, sometimes taking inspiration from movies for example isn't completely a harmful thing. I like movies based on Marvel and DC comics because those characters break male/female stereotypes; some powerful men are sensitive and even mystics while some powerful women are fierce and brutal warriors, but some that are more sterotypical also exist in those universes. Those stereotypes are linked to cultural roots, one thing if imposed on a person can cause mental health issues. I bet I'm not the only person unwilling to conform to those traditional norms. Schizophrenics can usually have pretty colorful and vivid imaginations, why not let it empower us with detachment and common sense?

I don't know if sharing the experience would help the OP or anyone suffering from similar illnesses to schizophrenia but if it does, win/win..?