Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattaseva
Hi Lorelyen,

The categorization is simply based on a single point - one needs to differentiate between a false vision and a true one.

In the spiritual field, it's always healthy to perceive subjective experiences with a grain of salt. After all, real spirituality has only to do with understanding the truth and ridding oneself of illusion. Cheers!

I've omitted much from your response because I suspect we're talking of visions
in different ways. I wasn't necessarily referring to clairvoyant-type visions which
as you say can only be validated in the concrete (concrete = saves me using the word reality
and all the baggage that comes with that).

As to your closing para, I'm not sure what you're getting at. We perceive and as a result we experience
and the experience will always be subjective. I can see no way around that.
It pertains only to the experiencer. Example: on hearing a piece of
music each of an audience will experience it but whether they experience
the same thing even partially can never be ascertained because they can't
communicate their personal experience among themselves.

But then you go on to talk about truth...which again is individual. It could even
be the process of individuation. Understanding the truth is a big ask. When you discover a truth, whether or
not it's the truth, how and why would you understand it. Trying to understand the truth
would seem to be like trying to understand a piece of cake.
If you discover the truth you have it.

So, aside from not being sure what you mean by real spirituality I posit that
on someone reckoning to find the truth, they really do start asking questions.
To me, the truth is akin to the Holy Grail.

Everyone is spiritual so it's a matter of how they acknowledge it and if they so choose, work toward becoming what they should be.

Old 09-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Knower

Hey dattaseva....yes you got the main thrust of the post.
I never know what I'm gonna write...it just comes and I put it down

hehe I did say it might not make sense...

the meal line is about the mind....the mind is a hoarder..it doesn't like to let things go, and it'll stop your momentum if you let it...it is voracious

lol it's all good...it's words.....they are inadequate..and I am not a word-smith.

Love
acorn