Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 15-03-2015, 06:59 PM
ThatGuySeany

Where to find all natural products?

Hi guys, so I am looking for a not too expensive all natural / organic products brand, for things like fluoride free toothpaste, aluminium free deodrants, hair wash and body etc, and I was wondering if you could help me? Thanks.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Everly

There are many websites that specialize in natural products and many more who include them in their product offerings. A quick search should turn them up.

Fluoride-free toothpaste is easy to find, as are the other things you're seeking. I live green and find everything online. Just do a search and check the various vendors to compare prices.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:05 PM
littlejbird

www.leapingbunny.org
[i have the app on my phone and helps me while i shop]
Old 16-06-2015, 05:05 AM
LorriePaige

Companies:

Dr. Bronner's
Tom's of Maine
Trader Joe's store brand

They have a lot of natural, organic, and/or fair trade items at fairly low prices compared to others similar.

They have their own websites too for more info.
Old 16-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Experiencer

a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuySeany
Hi guys, so I am looking for a not too expensive all natural / organic products brand, for things like fluoride free toothpaste, aluminium free deodrants, hair wash and body etc, and I was wondering if you could help me? Thanks.

A few that come to mind are Swanson Vitamins, Abe's Market, and The Honest Company.

www.swansonvitamins.com

www.abesmarket.com

www.honest.com
Old 16-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Knower

Oil pulling. Essentially the same process with baking soda water or sea salt water. Again the same with H2O2 water (highly effective, also whitens teeth very quickly, two weeks to get from yellow to white; I know, as I've tried).

Personally I don't "clean" my teeth much anymore. Simply no need. As I don't eat stuff that harms them. Health of teeth depends on what you eat (yet again...).

Teeth that have cavities and other issues. Consider the fact that if you give your body what it needs (again nutrition...) teeth will heal themselves.
Avoid dentists, as most of them ensure you will in the future return and again pay them huge amounts of money for issues that in actual truth have so simple solutions.
Do your teeth get cavities and other problems because they had never been drilled before? Of course not...

I had all my fillings removed. Those teeth have holes in them, sure, but they are healthy and strong and make no pain. The surface of the cavities/holes is covered with new protective coating the teeth regrew. Teeth heal themselves if you enable it.
Most people eat a diet that destroys teeth and does not allow them to heal themselves.
Old 16-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Experiencer

well

I eat healthy but I still clean my teeth and get regular check-ups and any and all maintenance needed. More things affect the teeth and the rest of our bodies than just food. Our environments, our overall health, our blood supply, our weather, etc. all impact us.

I hope you still bathe and wash your hair even though you eat healthy foods. Nutrition is an aid it isn't the only thing.
Old 16-06-2015, 07:47 PM
Master
Quote:

Welcome to the forum, ThatGuySeany. Not sure if you have one anywhere near you but Whole Foods carries a lot of the natural/organic products in addition to Trader Joes.
Old 17-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds
I eat healthy but I still clean my teeth and get regular check-ups and any and all maintenance needed. More things affect the teeth and the rest of our bodies than just food. Our environments, our overall health, our blood supply, our weather, etc. all impact us.

I hope you still bathe and wash your hair even though you eat healthy foods. Nutrition is an aid it isn't the only thing.
Compared to what you eat (and thus what food does to your body), the rest has very small effect.
How much effect the rest have also depends on how healthy your body is from food you eat.

Blood supply may be as good as it can, but it has to supply nutrients to cells. Nutrients are what keep the body healthy. Without good food there aren't enough nutrients and are too many toxins, thus harm to the whole body.

I wash myself. But not with soaps or anything like that, as they are harmful. Soaps remove the natural protective cover from the skin, like beneficial bacteria that ensure you won't stink and that keep away and kill harmful organisms. Soaps and such destroy the external protective layer and severely disrupt the natural hygiene processes of the body.

The hair... No shampoos. They are very bad for the hair.
If I wash my hair (which is essentially once or twice a month, as more would be pointless). I use a mix of one whole egg, plus 1 or 2 egg yolks, then about 3 tsp olive oil. Nothing I know of is better for the hair than egg yolk. Then I rinse with ACV water (as I've got hard water), and then again with just water to get the excess ACV out.
In between those 1 or 2 times just water and ACV water.

Like this for about 18 months now. Never going back to soaps and such stuff. Never felt better hygiene wise.

Switching to soap and shampoo free has adjustment periods. First is about 2 weeks, then about 1 month, then about 3 months, then about 6 months (in the sense that you need to wash yourself less and less to have the same effect). As body assumes more and more its natural form in regards to it's natural hygiene processes; the body has to heal from damage done by soaps and shampoos (commercial ones are the worst).
I go as natural as I can... As has been for hundreds of thousands of years prior to modern lies.

Rarely when I get some odd stuff on my hands I use soap to get rid of it, but then immediately after I apply olive oil or hemp oil or beef fat. To give my skin a layer of oil, for protection and better recovery from using soap.
Oil is good for the skin anyway.
Old 18-01-2016, 01:45 AM
Guide

Quote:

I know, it's an old thread, but

Lush - I don't know if they carry tooth paste though. They have deodorant & hair products.

There are some natural ways of keeping your teeth cleaned & healthy - like a miswak stick to chew - flossing can be good - & of course diet.

I just went back to toothpaste. I figured I should have some time ago, I used to eat a diet, that didn't cause an over or any production I should say of bacteria defecating on my teeth - plaque. so..

Tooth paste always made me gag. I really like this new one called : green beaver - the flavor I like is, green apple. It's a Canadian product, maybe you could try finding it online. If it suits.

You can also try an essential oils mixture for deodorant too. That was something I've also had to go back to once I started adding cooked back into my life. :(

As for hair care products, I'm currently experimenting with shampoo bars - which again have some E.O's in them. & natural. My problem is finding something that isn't a natural bleaching agent.

ANY vinegar is a decent *conditioning treatment* & E.O's are as well. You can add a certain mixture -that are good for the hair & scalp - to your shampoo, & massage in, rinsing with luke warm to cold water. If you rinse out the EO's completely you will not be left with the same effect.

I just started using:

about 4 drops of Argan oil (carrier) with 1 drop lavendar, 1 drop ylang ylang, 1 drop clary sage, & 1 drop rosemary - super shiny, SUPER BABY SOFT hair.