Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 28-11-2012, 06:28 PM
mystic kate

i dont want to sound needy or anything but i really need to talk to people like you right now. even though i have this great psychic gift i seemed to have messed up majorly badly and trusted the wrong person. ive done this for ten years. the only thing that saves me is that i know this person didnt mean to be nasty she was just more messed up than i think. now its all blown up- and its blown up and eventually what i saw at the end of it was raw- ugly- nastyness.
this nastyness and uglyness has been so big and raw and vivid that i am a bit mind blown as to how they can live with themselves and be happy about being like it. but i know that people have flashes of good and bad in them and on this occaision some peoples bad side has won over. ive also seen peoples good side as other friends have finished the friendship too- its not just me.

so this is a comfort knowing that its all surfaced for everyone- not just me
its also calmed down my ego massively. because i am nowhere near as clever and as all seeing as i thought i was.

i thought i could take them all on and could handle them as i was ahead of their growth. and in many ways- trust me i am. but i wasnt ahead as i think was- because they were saying bad things about me and had a low opinion of me and i still persisted. so the joke is on me really. if i was as clever as i thought i would have bowed out gracefully.

so they can all see that now too- but people can also see that a certain nasty, person who has huge problems has come a cropper. its really huge that someone can spend YEARS picking at you- and they have deluded themselves about their own ego and faults in the process.

so its been a learning curve for all. if people dont learn their lessons they will just keep repeating right????

so if someones backstabbing keeps getting them into trouble- it might backfair onto them. and they will decide to keep doing it as they want the upper hand- but it will always back fire. lesson one on the spiritual karma list- dont be two faced as it ALWAYS comes back on to you.

i think there have been a couple of people who have learnt this lesson- simple though it may be its also massive at the same time. because if you are like this you have some big issues.

the lesson for me is an ego one. to not think you can handle it because you are clever and to keep out of dangerous situations.

i need to get advice- i need to be super careful, as i dont need my self esteem damaged any more. it needs re building now.

having a psychic gift can be one of the hardest things to handle. on the one hand it can be an amazing thing on the other hand it can get you into hot water. i need to learn what things to say and what things not to say.

how i am going to learn it i really dont know. as i like to have a good level of communication with people.

i need to keep my feet on the ground. i still need to know how to talk to people and to not be so honest and open about stuff. so essentially i need to learn when to open up and when to close down.

its a mind field.
Old 28-11-2012, 06:42 PM
mystic kate

i hate to be a brain acher. but can someone enlighten me- i really am genuinely struggling here. what is a psychic and why can i see bits of the future? how can i see the future but not speak to the dead. so in other words- how come i am a psychic and not a medium at the same time? id like to be both but i am only the one.

the looking into the future- its a brain acher. it can ache your brain- when you find things happening as you saw it and there is nothing in this world that can change it. if youve seen it it somehow always happens

so this is aching my brain a bit. id llove to switch this to a medium- they seem to be more acceptable now a days. no one wanst to believe you can see into the future- and it makes me question my sanity. but everyone is willing to believe you can speak to dead people.

why is this? shall i just accept what gift ive got and what is it there for?
Old 28-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Seeker

Nobody can understand everything we experience, for it is not their journey to experience what we have. Even other spiritual people may not always understand everything we understand and know from our experiences. But many I find are at least more openminded.
I find many think being this kind of spiritual is being not of "God." But of course it's because of God that we can do all we do, and be all we can be.

I find the hard part is Religion Vs. Spiritual. They tend to think we need to do it their way. When I say anything, I always say be openminded. For when you choose one religion, you are not being openminded to others and their beliefs. That is...if you are religious and think everyone should think and believe as you do. I let everyone believe as they do. All Paths lead to the same place. But when they start something and tell me I am crazy, I stand my ground, and they usually end up walking away.
Recently my sister quit talking to me, because my poems and beliefs weren't "of God." I am "Of God" so anything I do is "Of God." I may not write everything religious in my poems, but I am truly a "Of God" spirit.
Old 28-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Master

Dear mystic kate

There's a lot going on here so I can't address all your points - but take things slowly is my first suggestion. You are going through a lot of changes, a lot of shift, growing awarenesses and changing relationships and passings - it's a lot to deal with and absorb. Your friends are as likely as confused as anything because you have changed.

Back in April / May I went through a major shift as well and was slightly catatonic with the amount of stuff that was being processed. I still have flashbacks - it was wild. Likewise, I lost a friend, parent and my psychic expansion all occurring at the same time.

Stay focused on your own journey. your friends' journeys is their stuff and you don't need to worry about their stuff. indeed it's not healthy to focus on it. You have your own lessons and karma to work out and that's enough for anyone to think about.

Try to get a lot of rest and drink plenty of water - it's an exhausting time.
Old 29-11-2012, 12:43 AM
mystic kate

you are dead right- ive spent all evening in a near catatonic state too. im totally mind blown with the amount of changes. i am jujst recovering from some quite serious bullying ive been on the receiving end of. but now i understand it- ive been coming out with odd things- and last night- whilst i was fending off the residue dregs of the bullies i once again came out with "im going to do police work". and this bully woman said "fancy police then do you?" oh it just got dreadful and more ugly and gross. and then today i spent all day in a near catatonic state. honestly im not joking i was near the edge.
luckily ive only just broken through it and im listening to music now and feeling happier that ive got rid of the last residue dregs of inhuman, intolerant, closed minded people.
ive also discovered that my most trusted confidante- my friend- was painting a picture of me to others which is QUITE different to what i really am. the opposite in fact. so the reality of that shook me. its some consolation that its shaken all of the bullies too.
but you are right- i must not focus on their paths or "lifes lessons" but just focus on my own. im quite shocked at how totally gone- shot away and past it ive been these last few days. i lost all of self esteem and well being.
i will never place myself in harms away again and i must not place myself in a position where by i have to prove myself ever again.

i am never, ever going to prove anything to anyone. people from now on have to take what i say on trust and not think too much about it. and i am going to have to keep the psychic thing low key. thats when spirit isnt speaking through me and making me say stuff LOL if you get how that is possible let me know lol

keep those feet on the ground and dont worry too much that you are a little bit different is what i say.
Old 29-11-2012, 03:50 PM
CatChild

Kate, I think you should contact Lynn (site staff) for more info. She's a brilliant medium and can probably relate to what you're experiencing.
Old 29-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Glen

Hey Mystic Kate,

Welcome to your new normal. The reality of being psychic is that if you pursue it , you will lose friends. Many are uncomfortable with your abilities, others are just plain afraid. Some think you are off your rocker. You will make new friends that believe in you and support you.

Be careful to not be what I call a "leaky psychic". Thats where a psychic runs around and shoots everything that moves with their messages. Sometimes the message is only meant for you. Listen 90% of the time and speak 10%. Ask why are you on the earth. What is my purpose?

Present your "message" to those that are open, do not prove yourself to anyone, there is no need to prove anything. Then let it go. Your message comes from a higher source (self, god, spirit, whoever). Be the best psychic you can.

Love and light
Glen
Old 30-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Administrator
Hello

I know its not easy and one does have to be careful whom one does tell and how much one does tell. Remember that not all will embrace what one can do and others will be jeleous of what one can maybe do. One has to be open to take on those that might well think ye are putting on the act. If one is going to tell other's about what one can do one has to be open to receive those that will not see it as a gift or of value, some might well find it the other end of the scale work that is not done on the Light of the Divine.

For me coming out into the local metaphysical community was a bit of an omg where can I run and hide. I was invited to a Metaphysical Socieity Sunday meeting and I went not knowing a soul there or the format ext. It was open circle discussion and this man just blurts out "the lady sitting there in the pink is a very gifted psychic and medium, but she hides it in the background". I was like busted.....I just smiled and said I guess I am that. He later told me he did not even know why he said it, I know it had to be said was "time" for me to show whom I am a bit more.

I do platform work and I am always aware that in the audiance I might well have one or more that is there to prove me fake or prove me wrong. I take it in stride. I do not make it a point to put them on the spot, but if a message comes for them and they are willing to accept hearing it I share.

It is something one is but too its something that comes with a responsiblitly to work from that place of ye's and the other persons highest and greatest good. Remember that ye are dealing with emotions and its a sensitve topic to some as they might think they are ready or are past the lost but they truly maybe are not.

Ye are not there to prove something to anyone but to that self, ye are there to be the tool that spirit can access and to bring in peace at times to other's.

Lynn
Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Firefly Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Abrupt changes in our spiritual awareness and growth can bring about sudden changes in our social environment too.
People we had known for years suddenly don't understand us -or maybe we realize as we have changed, we have no longer got as much in common with them as we used to have.
This can bring about a certain amount of grieving as the energies change with us, and our lives start to change.

Oh how can it relate to that !! I have gone through a lot of rejection and misunderstandings with my family since my awakening. They think I am crazy, and even if I have not shared so much with them. The only supportive person I have around is my Mother, and only because she is also very spiritually awake and she is open minded.

I started channeling, contacting guides, learning tarot, meditating, researching, reading, having psychic experiences... my facebook posts went from silly stuff to spiritual only LOL my family says I have gone fanatic but I am not talking about this all day long or pushing people to believe me. I live my life as always, I just give time to my prayers and meditation and I do read the cards and I am in constant touch with guides but I do not mention that to everybody else.

The thing that hurted me the most was the reaction of the love of my life over stuff like that ( we had conflict because of differences in the way we see love and spirituality and I sense he somehow he either did not believe in what I told him or considered I was making things up ) I was brought to him very spiritually leaded and it was the weirdest, freakiest thing ever happened to me, but the most sincere as well in my life. If there was someone who would have understand me, it would have been him, but anyways, as all in life,maybe this was a lesson for self reliance.

So yes...I have been accused to be mad, fanatic, crazy, schizo, head in the clouds, you name it. I guess sometimes people are not comfortable when they see how much you changed. Remember, "change" sometimes fuel anxiety and fear, so that is a natural response.

I am not mad or hurt at the people who labeled me. I understand and try to put myself in their position and see that it is not easy to notice such a huge change in a person they believed they knew so well.... or to have someone suddenly expecting from them so much and loving unconditionally out of the blue.

I agree becoming psychic makes you sometimes lonelier... cause people run away from what they cannot understand / embrace / or challenges them.

But we have this wonderful community here !!

Blessings
Firefly.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:48 AM
Suspended
Hi Kate,

Honestly, I get told at least weekly, if I tell anyone what I do! I've been a channel for a year and a half. I had a spontaneous awakening. One day I'd never heard a word or even had a psychic experience and the next, I was hearing, sensing and feeling full blown transmissions from first one archangel, then many. To make matters worse I then started to abruptly evolve from what they were teaching me, burning up all my old fears until many of my psychological problems like low self esteem were healed, which permanently changed my life!

I think a lot of people are scared of channels and psychics, and even MORE scared of the beings who speak through us. I think they even worry that by sitting in the same room, our angels or guides will uncover their secret fear and shame, or take news of their 'sins' to God! The only way to make themselves feel safer is to discredit us, which can cause us a lot of pain and upset.

I often question my own sanity, usually when someone else does! Then I go and talk to my guide, Azrael, and I calm down and realise I'm actually just fine. He always manages to reassure me! Channels are just tuned to a different frequency. What a lot of people don't understand is that channelling and psychic awareness isn't a hobby - it's a way of life, often foisted upon us when we expect it least. It takes time and energy to harness the storm of information and personal growth which follows awakening to channel, time we'd spend more wisely on our needs than on doubts about our sanity!

I wish others would understand that, and give us a break!

My advice is simply- don't tell too many people too soon. There'll be times you just want to get away from your gift, or at least, times you'll want to forget for a few hours and do something mundane. It's hard to do that when everyone you know is asking about their dead Uncle so-and-so.

Only a handful of people in my life know I can channel. I decided early on that I didn't want to see fear in my loved ones eyes, and experience has taught me that this does scare many people!

I've done quite a bit of research into mental illness since I began channelling. I haven't yet found a mental illness which is wholly loving in its nature. My yardstick is this - if the contact is loving, beneficial and positive, then it doesn't come from your mind! It's not a disorder. The mind is typically self destructive, unlike channelled contact with higher beings, which is never, ever destructive.

I doubt you're mad. I know I'm not. It's just like being a big radio receiver. If you're tuned to the right frequency you can pick up the broadcast. If not, you just get static.