Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 25-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Best spiritual book I've read

While on retreat I started reading 'The Sacred Romance' by John Eldridge and Brent Curtis. It is the most wonderful book I have found so far on my spiritual journey. My deep longing for something that I've never been able to put in words is described in this book. The relationship we each have with the Divine is represented as a 'romance' that calls to us through our deep hurts, moments in nature, meditation, prayer etc. I've read widely but this book really captures the essence of what I feel and need.
Old 26-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Master
It's an old offering but I swear by "The Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran. The meanings seem to be different every time you read it. I am on my 6th copy so far and read from it daily.

[Complete works http://leb.net/~mira/ ]
Old 26-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Guide
My best two are Divine Mother Meera---answers 1&2/
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.
Old 31-08-2012, 11:34 AM
bobby24

Without any doubts it is a crossing or the drop's history by Anatoliy Obraztsov. Because I'm a beginner in this subject and this book explained me what spirituality is!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:57 PM
LightFilledHeart

There are so many good ones! I would have to say the last (or most recent one) to really have a profound effect on me in terms of how I see life, myself and others was You Souls Plan, by Robert Schwartz. After reading that book I came away with a whole new understanding.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 PM
bobby24

The all books of Osho. But this is a classic. About modernity... I think Anatoliy Obraztsov with "a crossing or the drop's history"
Old 11-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Dancing_Butterflies

Oh wow! I shall check out these books, there's a long list of books I want to buy and this will be one of them. I'll write the ones that were mentioned.
Old 21-09-2012, 08:05 AM
madein71

always looking for something good to read! i will have to check out these book recommendations
Old 22-11-2012, 10:48 PM
marymoonstone

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
While on retreat I started reading 'The Sacred Romance' by John Eldridge and Brent Curtis. It is the most wonderful book I have found so far on my spiritual journey. My deep longing for something that I've never been able to put in words is described in this book. The relationship we each have with the Divine is represented as a 'romance' that calls to us through our deep hurts, moments in nature, meditation, prayer etc. I've read widely but this book really captures the essence of what I feel and need.

Sounds like a winner. Thanks for the recommendation. :)
Old 23-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks everyone! I will check out some suggestions too. And glad I could help!