Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-03-2012, 03:25 AM
Master
I feel more for the parents and families. The children are now free of this difficult world, it's those who lost them who are suffering.

Xan

Old 15-03-2012, 05:02 AM
Trieah

Yes, they are the ones who will be grieving the most. And I just hope they will be able to find the healing they need to be able to get through this tragedy.
Old 15-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Master
What a hard question Shorna and avery important one too. It has been the undoing of the faith of many people.

I really dont have answers though I have heard many try to on both sides of the God exists God doesn't fence.

I wish I could help you with that but even more I wish peace, happiness and serenity fills your mind soon so you can enjoy life.
Old 15-03-2012, 05:31 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorna
I literally turned on the T.V and my beliefs were shattered, I pray every night, but I suppose the reality has only just hit.

22 children died in a coach crash tonight. 22! Can anyone, justify which God would allow this to happen?!

What child deserves the pain that would have consequently come with this accident?!

I have a 7 month old son myself and if it ever happened to him, I would never forgive ANY God, no matter how strong my belief.

No child deserves that much pain, and neither does the parent.

We all know things happen in life that just are Not fair.

Most people have been mad at God at least once in their life, but it doesn't solve or explain anything. But what does it Really have to do with God anyway? I think to even say 'Human err' is wrong as well because it's no one's fault a lot of the time. It's just situational!

When events happen that trigger uncomfortable Human emotions, it is normal to look for a direction for blame. In everything that initially strikes us as negative, insight is possible if we just remove our emotions around it.

Sorry for sounding like a robot again.
Old 15-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Kaausti

Shorna, I must've been living in a bubble as this is the first I've heard of it, a day later.

My heart goes out to the families, friends and communities who were directly impacted by this tragedy. Speechless.

As far as God's part? I personally can't blame him nor anyone at the moment, only can focus on sending light & love to those living this tragic event. Goodness....speechless...
Old 15-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Master
Most people have been mad at God at least once in their life, but it doesn't solve or explain anything.

In a good healing process of forgiving anyone and everyone in your past, including yourself... forgiving God as you believe him to be is an important part.

Xan

Old 15-03-2012, 05:02 PM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Most people have been mad at God at least once in their life, but it doesn't solve or explain anything.

In a good healing process of forgiving anyone and everyone in your past, including yourself... forgiving God as you believe him to be is an important part.

Xan

I guess I just don't see it this way Xan. Firstly I don't view God as a 'him' and secondly in my opinion, people end up forgiving as they naturally feel ready to. Not when they 'think' they 'should' start forgiving anyone or everyone in their past because they need to start the healing process.

I am not sure why you quoted me either. Were you using my quote for anyone in general here on the forum or were you directing my quote back at me?

p.s. sorry to derail the thread. Please carry on!
Old 15-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Administrator
Hello

I too saw that event. We I feel come into our lives with our times to exit as well our lives. Tragic as it be it was something that might well have been meant to be. Their time might simply on that life's joureny been up and they were called home.

I know that God does not have control in this but is there for what comes. At times suffering brings on healing and lessons we do not see at the time.

We lost a family member on a plane crash ( one I have a vison on happening) and even in sharing that informtation the event and death still came to be. How life and death sadly at times works.

Lynn
Old 15-03-2012, 05:22 PM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I too saw that event. We I feel come into our lives with our times to exit as well our lives. Tragic as it be it was something that might well have been meant to be. Their time might simply on that life's joureny been up and they were called home.

I know that God does not have control in this but is there for what comes. At times suffering brings on healing and lessons we do not see at the time.

We lost a family member on a plane crash ( one I have a vison on happening) and even in sharing that informtation the event and death still came to be. How life and death sadly at times works.

Lynn

Lynn, thanks for expressing what I failed to originally say. I personally agree with your views. It's just the way it is and nobody's fault.

I guess when we tend to look for a direction of blame, it's to give our 'emotional response' a direction to find justice and to feel better somehow. But that in turn doesn't help accept the cycle of life, and I guess I just view death as not a really terrible thing in the first place. Sure it hurts those left behind, but it's just more productive to deal with reality than it is to get mad about it and try to find a way to make someone pay for a process that is normal and purposeful.
Old 15-03-2012, 06:50 PM
contentest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorna
I literally turned on the T.V and my beliefs were shattered, I pray every night, but I suppose the reality has only just hit.

22 children died in a coach crash tonight. 22! Can anyone, justify which God would allow this to happen?!

What child deserves the pain that would have consequently come with this accident?!

I have a 7 month old son myself and if it ever happened to him, I would never forgive ANY God, no matter how strong my belief.

No child deserves that much pain, and neither does the parent.
First: Compared to God, it is safe to assume that we have a very narrow perspective on what happens in the world. And the degree of understatement in that sentence can not even be attempted to quantify.

Second: If you found out that I forcefully pushed a little girl to the ground when she had done absolutely nothing to me, how would you react? What if later you find out that I shoved her out of the way of a speeding truck?

We can never know even a tiny fraction of the full picture of any event, because everything is intertwined and thus the "full picture" of any one event no matter how big or small extends to include the entirety of the cosmos for the entire duration of its existence. With the awareness that we are in this position - and it cannot be denied that we are - how can we possibly judge God or, for that matter, anyone or anything?