Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-04-2019, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
One is dharma. The other is not.

Yeppers.��...

The state of mind that is tranquil.
Old 14-04-2019, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
It's funny how interested we can get in the words that appear in our minds, and then we share them, and others go "meh" and then us as well lose interest in our words we projected and interpreted as important just moments before.... so we too look back and go "meh" ....then one can recognize these thoughts in my mind now, that I am deeming so important, and putting some value on, will be meaningless in just a few moments, so yea why put importance on them now? on any of them? this then leads to silence within.

When your creating through the dharma as winter light mentioned there is no importance other than the clarity of ‘just sharing’. Everything is transitory including your own thoughts and creative placement on this earth. (Non attachment) Which is why creating through you as the dharma, understands and is aware it’s aligned when it does.

Which is why-Know thyself-knows what self is expressing.

And the meaning of your life and expression when expressing through the dharma, feels right and true each moment. It’s more of a complete feeling from within and it moves you. ��
Old 14-04-2019, 03:02 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
for as long as it exists a map always bears a relationship to the terrain it describes. But whether you need to continue to look at the map or even acknowledge its existence once you've gotten to the place you wish to be is another question entirely.

It's like a teacher yells, "Hey look there!"

So you look and go "Ah Ha!"

A little later the teacher asks...."How you doing?"

And you say, "Ah bad I don't know why...."

The teacher says, "Well look at where you are looking! It's the wrong way!"

And you say "It is? You sure?"

And the teacher yells "Yea look there!"

and you do and say "Ah ha!"

Then later you are stressed out, but you remember why....

You notice you are looking the wrong way..... so you look the right way and smile and think "yay!"

Now the teacher shows up and says...... "look there!"
and his voice scares your dog and makes your baby cry....plus its kinda insulting to be told to look where you are already looking....

so you tell the teacher to leave you alone.....

After some time, looking at the teacher makes you look away from where you should be looking....
Old 14-04-2019, 03:14 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
there is no importance other than the clarity of ‘just sharing’. Everything is transitory including your own thoughts ....

My state of consciousness is also transitory so what I am sharing varies a lot lol

I wonder if a masters advice would ever be, "share only if you are in a good mood"

But yes what we are in those moments we are sharing come through in how and
what we share. Like I can get overwhelmed in the energy of others and need a break,
so I get into meditative silence for awhile and "recharge," re center myself in that
empty expansive space...then share and interact from that space..... but then I can
also attempt to interact when overwhelmed.... but yea probably shouldn't.....
Old 14-04-2019, 03:17 AM
janielee

Hi Rain95,

For you, Dear One

May Rain95 find the unadulterated happiness and joy of the Buddha - this life and ever more

Namaste,

JL
Old 14-04-2019, 04:51 AM
Suspended

If no person is here, happiness and sadness are the same. Neither leave a mark.
Old 14-04-2019, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
If no person is here, happiness and sadness are the same. Neither leave a mark.

Which is why when someone says I feel angry, I feel sad, I feel uptight.. without labels it’s just feeling and sensation that slips through the stream and dissappears as quick as it arrived! (That is if one can do it this way)

Attachments work to keep things alive in all ways we experience ourselves as himans..

Himans=humans!

You didn’t bow to the gift of loving kindness practice as shared to you by ja!
Old 14-04-2019, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Hi Rain95,

For you, Dear One

May Rain95 find the unadulterated happiness and joy of the Buddha - this life and ever more

Namaste,

JL

Do you have unadulterated happiness and joy in this life dear one?

I sometimes observe those giving types who in their self less practice give quite freely to others, but neglect their own tank!
Old 14-04-2019, 07:41 AM
Suspended

The premise/context is false. The "you" referred to is not idea based.

Last edited by Rain95 : 14-04-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 14-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Master

while it seems true that losing one's own head to the desires of others is a very bad idea if you wish to progress spiritually... it also seems true that one ignores others entirely at one's own peril.

But the whole thing is riddled with awfulness - from the desire of students to get lost in teachings to the desire of teachers to dominate those who are less aware.

not that I would have anything much to say, even if I were to speak honestly. It having been established long ago that any moon I might desire to point to would not be found desirable by others.

I'm good with that though. even though it is rough, attracting derision.