Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 13-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Bhikku

Who do you think you are?

What looks back at you as you gaze in the mirror? Who were you before you were born? You are not this gross body of flesh and bone. You are Spirit, temporarily inhabiting this survival suit on this earthly plane.
You have chosen to be here again. You have been here many times before, but you have forgotten what you really are; you are Spirit eternal.
We exist here and now to Re-member, Re-join that from whence we came. Everything in your life is perfectly designed to guide you on your journey Home. We are all trying to go Home. All paths lead to God and Home.
Nothing in this realm is constant, all things must change; but you may choose how you change. Each day you may choose the path you walk. You may choose any path you like. All things are permitted, but not all things are advised. So choose wisely. Search your soul each day and ask yourself, “does this path I am on have a heart?” If you conclude that it does not, then change your direction. It doesn’t matter what path you choose, since all paths eventually lead to God. However, if you choose a heart-less path you will learn through suffering and pain. If you choose a path “with a heart”, you will learn through joy and compassion and Love.
So choose what garment you will wear today, and know that you are on the path Home.

Nay, but as when one layeth
His worn-out robes away,
And, taking new ones, sayeth,
"These will I wear to-day!"
So putteth by the spirit
Lightly its garb of flesh,
And passeth to inherit
A resident afresh.
The Song Celestial of Bhagavad-Gita

Bhikku Robert Abajian
Old 13-07-2011, 10:32 PM
not human

Hi Bhikku. I like your posts. Have you experienced that the path sometimes chooses you or it this an illusion of mind
Old 14-07-2011, 05:13 AM
windwhistle

Mr. Big Stuff.
Old 14-07-2011, 07:17 AM
OpenMindedFellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
Mr. Big Stuff.
You're never gonna get my love.
Old 14-07-2011, 05:00 PM
northstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Hi Bhikku. I like your posts. Have you experienced that the path sometimes chooses you or it this an illusion of mind

no it is not illusion... most times we enter (not all times) this life with something in mind... something we wish to do in life... and from time to time our gods (whtevr's) place these things in front of us to remind us of our original goals... but once we are here, and have experienced more of life, we can choose to do something else... either choice, it doesnt matter... we choose what we choose... it is quite real @not human...
Old 14-07-2011, 09:15 PM
dunno

Lightbulb

I'm new to this board, and I came here today to make a post about this very topic (sort of). And I found this post, so I decided to add my thoughts in here. I want to see what others think, because in my little world, I don't know anyone in person who thinks of stuff like this. I have no one to discuss this with. So I have to do it online. Before I start, I want to say what a marvelous thing this Internet is. Without it, I couldn't share these ideas.

First of all, I agree with Not Human in that we don't always get to choose our path. Not unless you mean that we chose it before we came to Earth. I don't like what I have in this life, and I certainly did not choose it. Nor do I choose what continues to happen. I am faced with a terrible choice. Either I walk this unwanted road, or end my existence on this planet. Last December I chose to end it. But I either didn't try hard enough, or it isn't meant for me to leave yet. I believe it isn't meant for me to leave yet. I have come to believe that no one dies before their time. This is hard to understand when a very young person dies, or worse a child or a baby. But I now believe they did all they were meant to do. Even though most of us can't believe that, especially when it's our loved one. But this isn't what I meant to discuss.

Who are we and where did we come from? I wouldn't believe this so much, but I have met and known, and still know, a few people who I have an uncanny connection to. There is 1 woman in particular whom I met 26 years ago, and even though I am no longer friends with her, I can't get her out of my mind, and the feelings I have for her, go way beyond anything that makes any sense at all. The only flaw in my theory is she doesn't feel it. But I am sure I knew her from some place else, and that after we die, she will find we are both back there again. Bhikku started this with saying we should chose a path with heart. I take it he (or she) means a path with love. I agree. But in my life, the path with love needs the woman whom I just mentioned. She wants love too, but she doesn't have the wherewithal to realize that for both of us, it means with each other. I told her from over 15 years ago that she will never find another man who loves her the way that I do. She hates me for saying that, but this spiritual fact was just proven again. Once again she was in an abusive relationship, and once again it broke up. I only know because I was informed of it in a dream. I called her to see if it was true, and it is. But she still doesn't realize that the only way we can both have love, is with each other. And somehow I know all this is connected to the other side, or where ever we were before we came here.

I also have another idea to present to all you spiritually minded folks. Some of you believe in reincarnation, and past lives. I remain open to this idea. BUT, how many of you have thought that these past lives may not have happened on Earth? We live in a unique time. Never before in the history of mankind has the knowledge been available that our little planet exists in what appears to be endless space; which is filled with wonders and terrors. But whatever else may be out there, I think it's obvious that there's other planets with other life. I don't think we are meant to ever get there. The world of Star Trek will never be our reality. I believe there is a God. And whatever God is doing with us, we are not meant to have contact with the other life forms in the universe. So where ever we were before here, it could have been a staging area where it was decided where we would go next. And perhaps we chose to come here. Personally, I don't think I was given a choice. I would not have chosen this. Not unless the alternatives were even worse.

So I want to hear what others think. And since I'm so new here, I notice there are several boards in this forum. Which board should I post this topic in? I do hope to start an intelligent discussion on all this. Maybe someone even has some words of wisdom for me concerning my lady friend, who seems to be as dim witted about all this as a 7 watt light bulb on a sunny day. She just can't seem to see past the body she's in, and this life she now leads. And she is not happy, not at all. I actually feel bad for her, because I do indeed love her. I wish for her to be happy. But I can't make her happy, nor improve her life, unless she would chose to do so with me. Even as the great friends we were for many years, I can make her happier than she is right now. But she doesn't see it. But I do. I see that this is a shell we live in. I see that this life is but temporary, and will soon end, but part of us will live on. Maybe then she will know what I keep trying to tell her now. But it will be too late then, as far as this life goes. We will both have went through a heartless existence, because she can't see past her flesh.

Jack
Old 14-07-2011, 09:58 PM
not human

Hi Jack there is a book called A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield an american buddhist from what you are saying, you might find it interesting
Old 14-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Neville

Do it matter what I think I am?

It might be true, It probably is to me

It may well be a crock to some others though.

understanding yourself, fully understanding yourself....just another rabbit hole, where one answer leads to a dozen or more other questions. It's best to just get over it and live it instead of analyzing it.
Old 15-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Master
Hi Jack,

I've been where you are and I understand the "need" to know all these answers. There are different threads on here that maybe you can post some of your questions. We have a variety of threads here addressing all kinds of stuff.

My best advice to you is to really listen to yourself, your inner voice, inner being. That is where you will find the majority of your answers.

Good luck. See you around...

zipzip

Last edited by zipzip : 15-07-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 15-07-2011, 01:42 AM
dunno

Hi Zipzip,

I guess you can't tell from my above post, but the really intense need to know is gone. I actually got most of the answers to the really intense questions about 15 years ago. Unfortunately the answers are what you're saying. We really can't know the most important stuff, because we're just not meant to know. That's not why we're here. So all anyone can do is live, learn, and if you can have love, it's a beautiful thing. But it takes two, to have the best of it. So I passed the Go Crazy trying to understand everything. But I'll always wonder about things because it's my nature to wonder. As for my lady friend, and the uncanny connection I have to her, well maybe that does still drive me nuts. But since I know her 26 years, I have seen that it's her nature to drive all men nuts. Maybe it's because she has such an intense need for love, and goes looking for it with all the wrong men.

So yeah, I hope to see you around.

Jack