Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 28-03-2017, 06:46 PM
Experiencer
My Problem with the Meditation Benefits and my Work

I know this may sound awkward, but let me explain you.

I used to be a nightowl, meaning I was going to bed to sleep at 5-6 AM sometimes even later. When doing so, my online work was very productive (dopamine pumping...creative, motivated, focused). However waking up at 2-4PM really su*ks because you feel like a zombie and you need 4-5 more hours to really wake up, then 1-2 more hours to get 'in the zone'.

Now I wake up in morning 5-7 AM since recently (2 weeks) and I realize that I have a more balanced and constant energy and mood throughout the day, but my motivation is just not there, I keep coming up with reasons to delay this and that.

So I meditate in the morning, so I can have my mind at peace for the rest of the day and feel calm but also energetic, and for various generic benefits. The problem is, after meditating, I am in no way in the kind of spirit mood where I am riding the momentum/wave/flow of productivity, making money, making projects, plans etc etc. I feel like a flower in a windless day, like a calm old man sitting on a bench, like a nun. And I cannot work with this kind of mood, my mind seems foggy and unmotivated. I really benefit from being a nightowl, but being so, it comes with many disadvantages, missing on the daylight (sun - vitmin D, energy etc), missing on a lot of other things, but mostly my body needs 4-5 hours of recover after waking up as a nightowl and in the end, it is just not good for the health.

So what do I do? I meditate and I feel good, but I am not in the zone/vibe of doing this and that. Imagine me as a nightowl listening to that wolf of wallstreet soundtrack, being all pumped up, creative and such. I do not have that during the day. Maybe I should meditate in the evening? Might be the only option, but I still wouldn't be in that zone. Or maybe it is just because of all these past years as a night owl, my body still needs time to readjust? Is there anyone who understands my question and experienced both sides of being a nightowl and a morning person? I would love being the latter with the benefits of a night owl, but maybe we can't get all the goods in life
Old 28-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles

I used to be a nightowl, meaning I was going to bed to sleep at 5-6 AM sometimes even later. When doing so, my online work was very productive (dopamine pumping...creative, motivated, focused). However waking up at 2-4PM really su*ks because you feel like a zombie and you need 4-5 more hours to really wake up, then 1-2 more hours to get 'in the zone'.

Now I wake up in morning 5-7 AM since recently (2 weeks) and I realize that I have a more balanced and constant energy and mood throughout the day, but my motivation is just not there, I keep coming up with reasons to delay this and that.

So I meditate in the morning, so I can have my mind at peace for the rest of the day and feel calm but also energetic, and for various generic benefits. The problem is, after meditating, I am in no way in the kind of spirit mood where I am riding the momentum/wave/flow of productivity, making money, making projects, plans etc etc. I feel like a flower in a windless day, like a calm old man sitting on a bench, like a nun. And I cannot work with this kind of mood, my mind seems foggy and unmotivated. I really benefit from being a nightowl, but being so, it comes with many disadvantages, missing on the daylight (sun - vitmin D, energy etc), missing on a lot of other things, but mostly my body needs 4-5 hours of recover after waking up as a nightowl and in the end, it is just not good for the health.

So what do I do? I meditate and I feel good, but I am not in the zone/vibe of doing this and that. Imagine me as a nightowl listening to that wolf of wallstreet soundtrack, being all pumped up, creative and such. I do not have that during the day. Maybe I should meditate in the evening? Might be the only option, but I still wouldn't be in that zone. Or maybe it is just because of all these past years as a night owl, my body still needs time to readjust? Is there anyone who understands my question and experienced both sides of being a nightowl and a morning person? I would love being the latter with the benefits of a night owl, but maybe we can't get all the goods in life

I think you are just noticing a change and not sure what is going on.

I would really suggest that you meditate twice a day, morning and evening..

You can still get in the zone with meditation, even a deeper zone.. Just notice the calm of issues not bothering you so much, of not needing things but still getting things done.

Good luck.
Old 29-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Seeker

I used to be a nightowl too hahaha
Old 30-03-2017, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles

Yea - night shift can mess with your system. I did it for years, as well.

Quote:

Oh the expert of procrastination. I hear ya, dude.

Quote:

I don't know how long you have been on the 'dayshift', but making the adjustment may take a while.

Quote:
[/quote]

Yep. I'd suggest you will go through an adjustment phase and come good gradually, so maybe best to keep a pretty strict sleeping pattern to reset to 'ol body clock. Soon enough you'll be chirping with the birds in the AM.