Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 29-11-2010, 09:22 PM
jturk

how do you know if you are being spoken to by god or guides

i really struggle with this because i have such an analytical, objective mind, its really hard for me to believe. however some things i hear just resonate with me so much & are so specific that its hard for me to chalk up to mundane coincidence. so how exactly do you know?

could i be bipolar?
i dont mean which one is speaking (god or guides) but rather, if someone is speaking to me at all. how do i know if its just a coincidence that im hearing something thats very specific to me or whether its god or guides?

Last edited by jturk : 29-11-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 29-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Master
huh good question I guess it's different with everyone. IE I feel god's answers to me in my mind, and it's almost booming and very calming. My guides speak to me in my mind more like a friend with casual conversation whereas God speaks to me with definitive a friend but more like a "boss". Know it sounds strange. Also deep down I just know who it is.
Spiritlite.
Old 29-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Administrator
Hey jturk,

I can only speak of my own experiences, i know who my guides are because i always see them, and speak to them they are Native American so it makes it easy but you get to know their energy also,

Namaste
Old 29-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Master
Native American guides are wonderful I think I have one too I've seen him many times.
Spiritlite.
Old 29-11-2010, 09:41 PM
star-child

Hello, like others have said, I can only speak from my own experiences but I know I am being spoken to by Angels of God because I can feel their strong energy.

Also I'm sure that hearing things isn't a symptom of bipolar.

Star-Child
Old 30-11-2010, 12:38 AM
MasterRishi

At some point, you will realize that at the core of it, there is no difference between the voices. All things are really one thing expressing itself in infinitely different ways, but that's neither here nor there.

For me, I've always asked. When I hear a voice, or more accurately, when i feel a voice, if I don't immediately recognize the source of the voice, I just ask. Any entity that wishes to speak with you will have no problem whatsoever identifying itself to you.

I've found that each entity has it's own energetic signature, like a fingerprint. I can usually hear a voice or feel an energy and tell whose it is simply by the way it feels. And when it comes right down to it, aren't they all guides? I mean, if they are guiding us toward something, they become our guide, do they not? I think the distinction between them in that sense is a little redundant and unnecessary. Just ask and they'll open themselves to you.
Old 30-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk
i really struggle with this because i have such an analytical, objective mind, its really hard for me to believe. however some things i hear just resonate with me so much & are so specific that its hard for me to chalk up to mundane coincidence. so how exactly do you know?

could i be bipolar?
i dont mean which one is speaking (god or guides) but rather, if someone is speaking to me at all. how do i know if its just a coincidence that im hearing something thats very specific to me or whether its god or guides?

Well firstly, kturk, bi-polar just means you have extreme mood swings. If you're asking if you're crazy... probably not. There are other signs of mental illness than just hearing voices in your mind.

Learning to trust what you hear is a gradual process, which goes much better when you give up trying to figure it all out. Communication with guides comes through a different part of our consciousness than analytical thought, so you can grow into recognizing and allowing this other aspect of you just be what it is.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 30-11-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 30-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Wynd

For me, I feel their energy differently. Depending on whom I speak with (my guides, hubby's guides, departed loved ones, etc), they all feel differently to me :) If I don't know who they are, I will ask them, but they don't always identify themselves, lol.
Old 30-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk

could i be bipolar?

I think that everyone is overlooking what you are TRULY asking. It seems as if you are worried about being schizophrenic or bipolar. WHAT are the voices saying? This is the most important aspect of your wondering.
If the voices are encouraging, helpful and trying to show you the right/better choice, then it is your conscience or guides. If they are being negative, derogatory or trying to get you on the wrong path, then those could be schizophrenic or just a darkness trying to influence you.
What I tell people is this; If you were your own best friend, what would YOU say to yourself? Or,; if your guardian angel were sitting right next to you as you are trying to make this decision, what would the angel be saying?
I hope this helps to clarify what you are asking about. Feel free to PM, okay?