Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Master
What if....???

Christ *really* was the only path back to God?

The Church gets a lot of slack from New Agers/Free Thinkers/Liberals/Humanists/Pagans/Spiritual People. But what if it was actually RIGHT? What if there was no way 'home' except through Christ?

This is what I am considering now. Not because I want to but because I have exhausted all the other possibilities. Jesus really does seem to me to be the only REAL presence of God. All the other Gods seem very 'lost' themselves....the Buddhists, the Hindus, the Jews, the Muslims, the Pagans, the New Agers.....non of their 'presence' or Spiritual 'truth' seems to hold a patch on the presence of CHRIST. I've tried so many different paths/options/possibilities....and only Christ can find ME!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Master
It may seem to people who have been following my posts that I contradict myself and that I don't really know what I am talking about and they would be right. I do contradict myself and I do feel lost. I argue both for and against Christ. But slowly I feel that His truth is the only one which is actually helping me.

Last edited by Adrienne : 08-08-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I ague both for and against Christ. But slowly I feel that His truth is the only one which is actually helping me.
There's your answer! Now stop thinking about it and arguing back and forth, and just jump aboard and enjoy the slow train (Dylan reference).

Last edited by Adrienne : 08-08-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The Church gets a lot of slack from New Agers/Free Thinkers/Liberals/Humanists/Pagans/Spiritual People. But what if it was actually RIGHT?
Wow, that's an combative way of looking at something as innocuous as personal spiritual belief.

New Agers/Free Thinkers/Pagans/Occultists get a lot of "Satan's work!" accusations from The Church. But what if they're actually RIGHT?

See? I or anyone else can do the same thing, about anything. Spirituality is not a truth competition. Drop that concept immediately if you want any kind of clarity with this question.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:55 AM
yumi14

Honza,

I really do relate to you. I search and research so many different things. I have an open mind, so I allow myself to take in differing perspectives.

The thing that I have noticed, is no matter the topic or what have you, I always solidify my belief in Christ.

Instead of being more confused, I see Christ in a new light and understand him more. I can sit there and listen to talks by say, Mark Passio who is a confessed ex-satanic priest and have 'a-ha' moments from what he says that to me, as the observer can pinpoint and make the connection to Christ.

For me, it just always leads back to Christ.

I have to say, that I end up feeling guilty at times for being so open minded enough to explore these various avenues....but at the same time, I also can't see the harm if all it does is make me understand Christ on a higher level than just reading the bible can do. I just hope Christ understands this.

The A-ha! Moments are always very , very amazing to experience. Very recently after experiencing an a-ha moment coming from listening to one of Passio's videos....I was so overwhelmed with a deeper understanding of Christ....I cried in the shower. It was an amazing revelation to understand what I picked up thru this video. This is coming from a man that doesn't believe in Christ or religion at all. It was just one basic and simple concept that I spotted and understood so well. This is an a-ha moment that i could not have really had by just reading the bible. it enveloped me in a huge way.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:03 AM
yumi14

And on the 'what if' part....I'm not sure how to answer that. I just thought I would reply to your thread because you resonate with me on my own Journey.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with other religions and beliefs....that is up to the individual seeker.

The thing that I have noticed however with all the exploring that I do, is most religions come together with the very same truth at the core of it.

I've posted a thread before kind of similar to your thread, only my 'what if' was what if everything was true? What if there was truth in each and every religion?

I suppose we will never quite know 100%. So, that is where faith comes in.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:

"I have to say, that I end up feeling guilty at times for being so open minded enough to explore these various avenues....but at the same time, I also can't see the harm if all it does is make me understand Christ on a higher level than just reading the bible can do. I just hope Christ understands this."

Yumi, I odn't think you understand what you are saying, there. The Bible is the Word, and Christ is called the Word made Flesh, as in John.

How will you understand unless you read, and hear the Word? He is found there.
Where salvation is found, and also assurance.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-08-2014, 02:14 AM
yumi14

Morpheus,

I think you misunderstood me. I do read the bible. In addition to that, I explore other things. It is the combination of the two that has allowed me a deeper understanding of Christ.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:22 PM

Honza,

Out of all the saints and sages, Jesus is the best..... awesome guy.... More power to you, no one knows Jesus better than you.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoguy423
no one knows Jesus better than you.

No one knows me better than Jesus?!?