Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-06-2014, 11:43 AM
StaroftheSea

A beautiful Thread Visitor,
This is Jesus Christ our Saviour in His Love flowing out of 'His Child' whom walks in His Love and righteousness.

And, the Mercy and compassion we give others is the same Mercy and compassion (from within our Hearts as opposed to Minds) that Jesus gives us when we cross over to Him.

Kindest wishes
Old 14-06-2014, 12:01 PM
StaroftheSea

Claire,

God through His Apostles left His Old Testament which Jesus' New Testament reflects through His Teachings.

All of God's Commandments are the Commandments that Jesus taught His Disciples and others. The era/times were different and to be expected, yet God's Commandments and Teachings have not changed with the exception of Divine Mercy now being available to Mankind if one chooses to open up their Heart to Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit.

God does not change His Law nor His Commandments until after the Coming of Christ; these still exist, however, we are able to receive Jesus' Divine Mercy if we pray Jesus' Chaplet or repent sins. God's Old Testament and Jesus' New Testament teachings are the same 'Teachings', if you read and are guided by The Holy Spirit in His Truth.

God sent Jesus His only Begotten Son here to give Mercy and compassion, showing the world that Jesus' Divine Mercy within His Sacred Heart would exist after Jesus ascended into Heaven ONE in being with The Father.

As Jesus says to the world:
"Today bring to Me souls who have become luke warm and immerse them in the abyss of My Mercy. These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of luke warm souls. They were the reason I cried out " Father, take this cup away from Me, if it be Your Will". For them, the last hope of Salvation is to run to My Mercy".

Kindest wishes
Old 14-06-2014, 12:07 PM
StaroftheSea

Claire, I thought this way for many years through my Life and soul journey too - not a care in the world about my Salvation nor others' Salvation...until I fully opened up my Heart to Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit and our Lady Mary Mother of God.

Jesus/God is Loving, Compassionate, Merciful to those whom repent sins or are sorry from their Hearts for sins committed in thoughts, words, actions, 'because' when we cross over to meet Jesus, His Father and The Holy Spirit, we cannot enter Heaven unless we have been sorry for our sins or have a pretty ship shape clean, pure, loving, merciful Heart to all others and to have Loved, believed and trusted in Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit.

God is our Creator and God's Loving Holy Word was left to all of us to follow.

This is the reason that Jesus has declared to the world through Saint Sister Faustina that so many many Souls have and are being lost to Him, given fallacies of not having to repent sins for our own Salvation.

Kindest wishes
Old 14-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I came to the understanding three decades ago now that Jesus was an ascended master and initiate - a good old human being just like you and me - who united his consciousness with the Christ or Universal consciousness. No god in other words, just a man who raised his enlightenment level to the highest degree. This was the end of my mainstream understanding of Christianity and beginning of my metaphysical understanding, and the springboard of my current journey regarding the self-realization path - the enlightenment path of Christ/Universal consciousness open to every human being and soul. Jesus is like my big bro who went to college ahead of me.

This is almost exactly the same as my view on the matter. Except for perhaps one slight difference.

I have no doubt that Jesus was just an ordinary, but enlightened, human. I also believe he had the best intentions and was an all round good chap.

But was he great? Was he alone enough to start a religion that has so far lasted almost 2000 years and spread throughout the entire world? Probably not, sorry Christian folks.

More likely he was used as a figurehead. A 'face' for some group's political movement. There's evidence of that. Most of the new testament was written after his death and many of the stories are written by people who never actually met Jesus. The church seems to have little in common with the teachings of the bible, which in turn does not represent Jesus, as non of it was written by Jesus and as I mentioned, much of it was written by people that had never met him. Jesus was, by all accounts, a wise and good bloke, but the church that followed is, I'm afraid, neither wise nor good. Jesus taught tolerance, while the church went to war on many occasions, and has over the centuries, encouraged discrimination and endorsed cruelty, torture.
Old 14-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
But was he great? Was he alone enough to start a religion that has so far lasted almost 2000 years and spread throughout the entire world? Probably not, sorry Christian folks.
Brings up an interesting question about Jesus' awareness of this, and of how this all came about and who really got the Jesus is God stuff rolling. One would assume it was political I suppose but was there more to it?
Old 14-06-2014, 01:07 PM
StaroftheSea

Dis-belief and dis-trust in Jesus Christ my Saviour is far different from downright dis-respect of Jesus/God and others of whom do Love, believe and trust in Jesus Christ my Heavenly Father and Heavenly Brother.

"Dis-trust tears at My Heart, the lack of confidence in chosen souls hurts Me Most. Despite My inexhaustible Love they do not trust Me".

Our Blessed Mother Mary through Saint Sister Faustina to the world has stated:
"I gave the world a Saviour, you must make known His Mercy, and prepare the world for His Second Coming. He will then come, not as a Merciful Saviour, but as a just Judge. Oh how terrible is that day! Determined is the day of justice. Angels tremble before it. Speak to souls of His great Mercy while there is still time". (typed from my Jesus Divine Mercy booklet).

This has been reflected in both the Old and New Testaments of God our Creator's with Jesus being ONE in God our Creator ie "GOD" our Heavenly Father and Heavenly Brother.

Kindest wishes
Old 14-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaroftheSea
Dis-belief and dis-trust in Jesus Christ my Saviour is far different from downright dis-respect of Jesus/God and others of whom do Love, believe and trust in Jesus Christ my Heavenly Father and Heavenly Brother.

"Dis-trust tears at My Heart, the lack of confidence in chosen souls hurts Me Most. Despite My inexhaustible Love they do not trust Me".

Our Blessed Mother Mary through Saint Sister Faustina to the world has stated:
"I gave the world a Saviour, you must make known His Mercy, and prepare the world for His Second Coming. He will then come, not as a Merciful Saviour, but as a just Judge. Oh how terrible is that day! Determined is the day of justice. Angels tremble before it. Speak to souls of His great Mercy while there is still time". (typed from my Jesus Divine Mercy booklet).

This has been reflected in both the Old and New Testaments of God our Creator's with Jesus being ONE in God our Creator ie "GOD" our Heavenly Father and Heavenly Brother.

Kindest wishes

I struggle with this. And please remember, in questioning your beliefs, I am not challenging them or suggesting that you are wrong, I am merely trying to understand why you might be right.

By all accounts, as I said earlier, Jesus was a good person. Very worthy of respect and admiration. But "Jesus says to the world...". Does he? Somebody else tells us what Jesus said.

It is claimed that Jesus is a saviour. But with the greatest respect, what has he saved mankind from? Nearly 2000 years later, and the world is still constantly in a state of war. People are still regularly and routinely commit acts of pure evil brutality. Even now, even ignoring the conflicts in parts of the world that the mainstream media has no interest in, Iraq and Syria are both in a state of civil war, and Ukraine and Russia are fighting. The US is preparing to fight in Iraq again, as well as readying forcing in Eastern Europe in case they want to jump into the fight against Russia. India and Pakistan have nuclear missiles pointing at each other, in a dispute over Kashmir, North Korea wants to fight everyone, China and Vietnam are ramming each other's ships at sea, in acts that they are disguising as accidents so that it doesn't create all out war, but only because it would not be economically viable for them to go to war at this time. Japan is flexing its limited muscles over some territory dispute. Argentina and Spain are both, in separate incidents pushing their luck with Britain, in poking at our territories in the Falklands and Gibraltar. Need I go on?

Then there's the church. It seems every other day a new investigation is being reported on the news into abuses within the church, and all this is current. The same church made a deliberate effort to ridicule and persecute anyone that didn't convert to Christianity. At one time in the church's history, they were executing innocent women, on charges of witchcraft and consorting with the devil. The trials were brutal. Things like being dropped into the centre of a lake, or thrown from a church tower, or a piece of red hot metal dropped onto their hands. If they survived (or healed within a couple of weeks), then they were witches and were burned. This is not hearsay, it is documented in non-religious historical records of court trials. This is the organisation that claims to worship Jesus, yet Jesus never taught any of this.

When we mention Jesus, there is generally an assumption that we're talking Christianity, but Jesus is also a key figure in Islam, where he is acknowledged as a prophet and messenger from god. Yet in their interpretation of the 'truth', war and violence are in some circumstances justified (and even a duty). Jesus is also acknowledged as a key figure in Judaism. Another major religion, but, when I went to school at least, the Jews don't call him Christ because, as I've hinted at, they don't consider that mankind has actually been saved from anything.

All of this is not meant as an attempt to cast doubt (which, according to the bible, would kind of make me the devil), it is just me trying to understand your point by putting my point across in the hope that someone can show me that I'm wrong or misled or have missed a key piece of information that would help me to understand.
Old 14-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Master
I think we are all still on our journey towards Awakening.

I love the word "awakening" because it truly unites the East and West and remember, Jesus was an oriental, Jesus was a Mediterranean Jew with blood lines to Egypt and ancient Iraq.

The awakening of the Kingdom of God is what Jesus brought. Jesus awakened to his own divine nature and began to share the message and social consciousness that the Divine wished for the human race.

Jesus demonstrated this "kingdom", this collective consciousness by helping the poor, healing the sick, exorcising the crazed, resuscitating the dying, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting those in prison, etc These were the outward actions to make the world aware of the inner Christ-consciousness (The Holy Spirit)

When we give grace, compassion, kindness, love, forgiveness, tolerance, etc we are manifesting the Christ consciousness, and that Spirit is working within us. This is the awakening to the consciousness of the Way, the Truth, and the Light.
Old 14-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
I struggle with this. And please remember, in questioning your beliefs, I am not challenging them or suggesting that you are wrong, I am merely trying to understand why you might be right. It is claimed that Jesus is a saviour. All of this is not meant as an attempt to cast doubt...
There's nothing to apologize for. You're not questioning Jesus, you're questioning the notion of Jesus as God. Two completely different things. If people want to believe he was God, that's their thing. It has nothing to do with disrespecting Jesus. What's next, that we can't question the existence and reality of God without causing offense? I don't believe in God and I think the Jesus story is mostly myth, and certainly much of it is a fabrication of the church for political and social reasons.
Old 14-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
The awakening of the Kingdom of God is what Jesus brought. Jesus awakened to his own divine nature and began to share the message and social consciousness that the Divine wished for the human race.

No doubt.

Quote:
Jesus demonstrated this "kingdom", this collective consciousness by helping the poor, healing the sick, exorcising the crazed, resuscitating the dying, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting those in prison, etc These were the outward actions to make the world aware of the inner Christ-consciousness (The Holy Spirit)

Again no doubt, but he wasn't the first. There is a beautiful idea that the ancient Celts and Picts had (which they themselves inherited from people's and cultures that came before them). One per year, and what is now called Samhain (roughly, but not always exactly, Halloween - one happens on a given date in the Gregorian calendar, the other more aligned to equinoxes and phases of the moon). On the evening, everyone would extinguish the fires in their own hearths, and then go out to the festival. Then they'd all have a massive party right into the night, around a bonfire (probably this is fuel for the church propaganda about witches dancing round the fire). At the end of the party, one person from each household would light a torch from the bonfire, and they'd all go home, lighting their fires at home from the torches they lit in the bonfire. The symbolism is very profound. Whether they are together at the party, or apart in their own little houses, they are all warmed by the same fire. If Jesus wanted to tell us this same thing (which I have no doubt he did) and the church wanted to teach this through the teachings of Jesus, then why did they ridicule and oppress those that had the same message?

Possibly because if people knew it anyway, then the church would have no power over them? Or possibly because in the pre-Christian pagans didn't judge based on social standing or gender but the church wanted an all male chain of command? We can only guess.

Quote:
When we give grace, compassion, kindness, love, forgiveness, tolerance, etc we are manifesting the Christ consciousness, and that Spirit is working within us. This is the awakening to the consciousness of the Way, the Truth, and the Light.

Again, no doubt. And many cultures and established belief systems go along with this idea. Perhaps two of the best known examples are Buddhism and Taoism, both of which pre-date Christianity. In fact in Buddhism, it was foretold that at intervals, the teachings would be forgotten, and a new Buddha would come to reaffirm the message. As Buddha is not somebody's name, but just means enlightened one, there are some Buddhists that believe that Jesus was simply one the sequence of enlightened ones that were foretold. I believe this Buddhist (and Hindu as it happens) idea also exists in Christianity, where I believe it is foretold that Christ will return one day.