Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 11:13 PM
J_andrew700

The true about the Devil

Hello everyone i would like to know your opinion on this subject taht im sure it has been commented here and in other forums, about the devil
Is he real? Satan for christian and muslims, also in islam its called Iblis, so is he reql? Does he work for God? Or is he the enemy of God and all that is pure?
Ive read that demons are bad spirits, so as you see the cases of exorcisms and so on, and i know about several religions that believe in the entity of evil like figure.
Comments i would be gladly to hear and learn
Old 04-05-2014, 12:19 AM
Knower

Another name for Satan is Lucifer. Lucifer at one time was an Archangel just like Archangel Michael. Lucifer is a fallen angel that has in a sense been trying to work back to being accepted again. Someone channeled Luficier and the following is what Lucifer said:

" I am a mirror to the human soul. I only reflect your darkness, all that is not with God. The darkest recesses of your soul are reflected in the vision that you have of me. You cannot accept that there are places in your souls that are dark. You talk about being sinners, but how many of you have the courage to accept the darkness within yourselves."[Edited by staff/Copy and Paste rule]
Old 04-05-2014, 01:13 AM
Experiencer

I personally dont believe that there is a devil, but I do think there are entities that defenitely do not have our best interest at heart. I do not believe there ia a heaven and hell, Ibthink its all made up for the control and to fear through religion to scare our society. However, thee angel lucifer was the one who decided humans should have free will, and that was obviously a mistake, in my opinion
Old 04-05-2014, 01:18 AM
Knower

You are right there is no heaven and hell. There are multiple dimensions. We are in the 3rd. The lower portion of the 4th dimension would seem like hell and the 5th dimension would seem like heaven but its not.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:04 AM
Ecthalion

There is no such thing as "the Devil." I think in Christianity Satan was used as a metaphor for temptation, ie worldly pleasures.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:41 AM
PureOceanLab

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmanthe1st
Another name for Satan is Lucifer. Lucifer at one time was an Archangel just like Archangel Michael. Lucifer is a fallen angel that has in a sense been trying to work back to being accepted again. Someone channeled Luficier and the following is what Lucifer said:

[Edited by staff/Copy & Paste rule]
What does this mean in short?
Old 04-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Lorelyen

Genesis and the Creation can be interpreted esoterically as well as exoterically through Hebraic mysticism. It isn't a subject for here.

Lucifer = Bringer of Light (lux + ferre (Latin)). Lucifer is often identified with Satan, but isn't Satan.

William Grey mentions "the legend of Lucifer being hurled from Heaven after blaming the Almighty for creating Man which was to question divine infallibility."** It concerns the Tree of Knowledge and the hidden sephira Daath on the Tree of Life; and the teachings surrounding that, all part of the same tradition and something that the orthodoxy has avoided. The Tree of Knowledge is mentioned in Genesis along with the Tree of Life.

**Page 151 in the Weiser Inc 1981 edition of The Ladder of Lights (William G Gray).

Last edited by Lorelyen : 04-05-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 19-05-2014, 06:51 AM
Master
God is real, and so is the devil.

When thinking of the devil though, one must consider Ego in humanity, with respect to how it is related to the survival instinct, of the organic aspect... in the "Construct" of time and space.

"12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers,
against the world forces of this darkness,
against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."

http://biblehub.com/nasb/ephesians/6.htm

Concerning "darkness", also, Matter is referred to in Physics today as slowed down, or, "Frozen" light.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-05-2014, 07:16 AM
Master
As far as I know, the Devil is an entity that wishes to be God, and the harder it tries to be God the further away from God it becomes.
Old 21-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Experiencer

I love your idea, Visitor. I've never heard it expressed before. There are a lot of people in both New Age and traditional religious circles who appear to aspire to that. For a short post, yours delivered a powerful message. On a less serious note, there's a country song called "Somebody's Knockin'" The lyrics say the Devil has blue eyes, and blue jeans. My personal version looks like that. I think if the Devil is real, he is far too clever to look like one!
Closed Thread