Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 04-03-2017, 10:12 PM
Seeker

Red face Losing the ego for unconditional love to get to reunion

...has anyone managed this? I have been trying to lose my ego through meditation and several holistic practices so I could reach a better place with my other half...but still I can't get there. Although some elements of my ego have diminished others remain highly strung and continue to ruin my relationship and my sanity!!!!

I have been in this saga for over 3 yrs and been with my twin for 1.5yrs and live together.

I would be grateful to hear from others who have managed to do this....or anyone who has any suggestions how to get there...
Old 04-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Master

Whatever you do in life or with your life. Do it for yourself. Not someone else.

You say you do these holistic practices and meditations
Quote:
so I could reach a better place with my other half.

Someone else is in focus for why you do anything you do. It's not about you but them and how you can get what you want out of it.
Some call this the ego trap.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Seeker

Wow Inika...you hit it in one! Never saw it like that before!
You are completely right! I have never heard of ego trap...do you have further info? X
Old 04-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Master

Ego wants to benefit from everything it does. Ego says things like 'If I do this, then I might get that out of it from that person'

Ego is I.
So looking at ego traps. Whenever you think about doing something. Ask yourself whats the intention behind it? Is it done for you or is it done for approval from others? Ego loves recognition. It ultimately serves itself.
Common ego traps are things like finding some enlightenment moment and feeling all universally loving yet you cant help but spot the flaws in others you'd deem 'unenlightened' or 'asleep'. Thats still the ego at work. Its a tricky little begger and not often easy to spot when its at work because its been the default drive for most of ones lifetime.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Guide
I agree with Inika that anything we do should be for our own benefit and wellbeing. Also, when it comes to holistic practices and wanting to achieve something mediation is truly for the opposite. To let go. As often the more we try and attain a spiritual ambition or an attempt to lose our ego the more our desires elude us.

The real art is to live in the moment, and to simply enjoy life. Where everything else outside of our control is so perfect in its own right and will take care of itself

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking