Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 27-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Seeker

DREAM WORLD VS „REAL WORLD”. Where’s the line. Let’s talk.

So...every now and then I keep having lucid dreams like all of You here. And I came to a conclusion that the dream world is the same like the „real world”, and the only reason why can fly by the use of our will, shapeshift, use telekinesis or other psychic abilities in one and not the other is the conditioning of the world we grew up in. That: “it’s just a dream “ mentality. I’m this way too(for now at least, heh) but my argument is like when in the movie „Alice: Through The Looking Glass” Alice was saying goodbye to mad Hatter she asked him: „ will I ever see You again? In life? Or in the dream?” And the Hatter responded:”and who’s to say which is which” ; ) What If faith in fact can literally move mountains, but we just don’t believe we can...at least not yet ; ) Your thoughts?
Old 27-09-2018, 09:01 PM
Master

A less charged word for "faith" is "belief". Our beliefs generate "feelings", the elder siblings of "emotions". Emotions and beliefs create thought forms, that are the reality we perceive wherever we focus our awareness.

We have our conscious mind and our subconscious (our unconscious isn't relevant here). When we sleep, our conscious sleeps, so we're acting only under the impulses of our subconscious. When we become lucid in a dream, our conscious awakens, but our physical senses are still asleep. As we aren't focused in the physical, our thought forms' creation and their action aren't constrained by the physical's laws.

There are opinions, some backed by channeled information, others being physicists' speculations, that we are living in a virtual world supported by complex telepathic connections between all the participants. That makes my brain heart a little, but I don't discount it. To me, it doesn't matter why it is that we experience a physical, a dreamworld, and, likely, an afterlife, although I have an opinion: they are different ranges on the same scale of consciousness.

In my experience with self-hypnosis, when you pass on to the afterlife, it feels exactly as you feel when you wake up from a dream, especially as when you wake up from an out-of-body experience, or a highly lucid dream. When you wake you aren't exactly the character from your dream, but much more, and real
Old 28-09-2018, 12:17 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Surfer
....”and who’s to say which is which” ; )
What If faith in fact can literally move mountains, but we just don’t believe we can...at least not yet ; ) Your thoughts?
What a fabulous op!
I have plenty of thoughts!
You can do here anything you can do on the Other Side
or in a Lucid dream, my friend. Have I, have others...you betcha!
But, I gotta run right now, I'll leave you with that.
Transportation (to another place, I mean), walking on water, dematerialize, bend forks...you name it...heal people!
Oh, yeah...believe it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Master
iv had few dreams fealtss so real esplyy 1s of sea wear v woken smellin of sea
evn dreams wear iv gon bav tp passstt thn furthrr on to futchrr to wear wn iv wokn im dazedd all day coz of dreamss iv had

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 01-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Knower

I don't know, they say that there are less laws in the astral plane than there are in the physical, which is why you can fly in the astral. And that the amount of laws decreases more and more with each higher plane. I mean, it's not like we fly in the astral because we believe we can, we fly because we realize we can because sometimes we catch ourselves floating there. And in the astral you can sometimes pick up on what other people are thinking more so than you can in the physical. And it's not like you do so because you believe you can, you do so because you just catch yourself doing it. So I believe that we're able to do more in higher planes because they're are less laws.

But I also believe that faith can allow you to overcomes laws on any plane.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Surfer
So...every now and then I keep having lucid dreams like all of You here. And I came to a conclusion that the dream world is the same like the „real world”, and the only reason why can fly by the use of our will, shapeshift, use telekinesis or other psychic abilities in one and not the other is the conditioning of the world we grew up in. That: “it’s just a dream “ mentality. I’m this way too(for now at least, heh) but my argument is like when in the movie „Alice: Through The Looking Glass” Alice was saying goodbye to mad Hatter she asked him: „ will I ever see You again? In life? Or in the dream?” And the Hatter responded:”and who’s to say which is which” ; ) What If faith in fact can literally move mountains, but we just don’t believe we can...at least not yet ; ) Your thoughts?

Well, there is such a thing as having a shared dream, where two or more people dream the same dream, which becomes a consensus reality. There are also astral realms that entities inhabit that are consensus realities, where the denizens agree on the rules.
The more dreamers that are plugged in, the more solid the dream, I would posit. So, the more populated it is, the more consensus and solidity rules-wise.
Maybe the physical material plane is as solid as it is because it has a ton of people and sentient creatures plugged in, with amnesia at birth. So, it is in fact a huge shared dream.
I read somewhere that it's easier doing magic in places where people who believe magic exists live (like Africa). The consensus affects the rules of the dream, locally. Maybe if we all agreed that there is no gravity on planet Earth, there would be no or less gravity on the planet. Or if we all agreed Harry Potter style high magic is real, then it would become a reality.

I mean, how many trillions of entities are plugged into this universe? It would make for a very stable dreamworld.

Thats just a theory. Perhaps the material world has other qualitative differences that make it more stable than a dream / the astral plane.
Still, waking life can be considered a high awareness shared dream.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:17 PM
Master
i no yday had a dream wear i felll over but i wok up in fastt dazee u cud say thrt i did fall over
u no dreams wear u wak up suden hearttt startss rasin lk mad

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 15-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Hi

Quote:
Perhaps the material world has other qualitative differences that make it more stable than a dream

here is a thought which i would introduce to this thread, following the quoted assumption:

If there is no difference between the so called 'Real' world and the so called 'dream' world, then we still must be sleeping.

Logically, if the Material world seems more stable, then it is not because it is real, but because more people are dreaming the same dream.
So when you 'wake' up, you are agreeing with all those who dream this dream, and it seems really real than by dreaming alone.
Old 15-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Hi

here is a thought which i would introduce to this thread, following the quoted assumption:

If there is no difference between the so called 'Real' world and the so called 'dream' world, then we still must be sleeping.

Logically, if the Material world seems more stable, then it is not because it is real, but because more people are dreaming the same dream.
So when you 'wake' up, you are agreeing with all those who dream this dream, and it seems really real than by dreaming alone.

I dont quite get what you are saying. Actually, astral projectors and lucid dreamers say that those experiences seem more subjectively real than this "real" material world we inhabit.
Old 16-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Deactivated Account
It is ok.

At age 12 i haven't understood how to meditate, too. I understood how to breathe, to close the eyes, but that was all at that time.
Now i know.

So i won't go into deep explanation on this case.

The equation is simple:

If you sleep and if you awake is the same then you still must be sleeping.

if sleep is a, and awake is b, and you are serching for the line between them, and find none, then it looks like:

a=b

but

if a=b then b must be sleep too.

Then the question is, who is the Dreamer ?