Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 17-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Newbie ;)

How to Control Lucid dreams

Hi,

It did not start with an incident but it has always been a process. And, now I feel like I'm riding a turbulent airplane, except I'm not always the captain.
I need to find out when a meeting has occurred between two persons in the form of lucid dreaming, what that other person wants.

Is it possible to control lucid dreaming.
Old 24-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Suspended
I'm not really sure what you are saying/asking.

What is this 'it' that you speak of?

If you want to know what the person wants, why not just ask them?

Yes, it is possible to control lucid dreams - in a fashion. You can't do anything you want (most of the time) and you'll find some things harder than others. If you are dreaming with another real person who is also lucid dreaming, then you might not be able to control anything - because how do you know whose dream you are in - yours or theirs ... or both/neither?

*cue spooky music*

If you are finding lucid dreams a 'rocky ride', it might be to do with your emotions. I have found a neutral stance peppered with curiosity to be best.
Old 26-10-2016, 03:37 AM
Newbie ;)

I mean this particular person comes into my dreams sometimes but I don't really know them in real life. We have no connection in reality but I do know them, we communicated online several times before and they live far away from me. And, we moved on our separate ways, I thought, we are not even in contact online anymore. Except sometimes they pop up in my dreams. ....so, I don't know why this is happening. Because I have not been thinking about them until the person enters my dreams.

And, I am unable to find out what they want in the dream state because I cannot control it. Maybe if I knew how then I can figure out what's happening...
Old 26-10-2016, 07:03 AM
Suspended
Why can't you ask them? Are you unable to speak or something?
Old 26-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Yes, of course. Like I said in the dream this person visits me and I am aware of their presence. Sometimes, I can block unwanted visits, but this person is not harmful to me.
The journey with knowing this person can only be described as my first post. Turbulent plane ride. We have interacted, disconnected, several times repeatedly.
This is why I have no real contact anymore to communicate and neither can I do so when dreaming as it's not in my control. But, I guess controlling dreams isn't the way to go

And of course, everything will unfold eventually like they usually do.
Old 28-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Suspended
I see - thanks for explaining.

There are a number of things you could try out. These methods will depend on your level of lucidity and ability to stay within the dream whilst retaining a high lucid state. You can change the environment. One way that works for me is to put my hands in a prayer pose up towards my face, thumbs near nose. Then I close my eyes, place intent for a new environment of my choice (imagine whatever you wish) and then, holding that thought in mind, slowly move your hands away from each other, as if pushing the old environment away to make way for the new one. You can now open your eyes and peek through your hands as they are moving to see if you've been successful. Of course, you'll want to make sure that your person is also in the new place.

Another technique is to draw an imaginary circle with your finger in the space in front of you. Make it large, as if creating your own portal. Then step through it whilst placing intent to be in your new place.

If you are exploring your personal dreamscapes, then these techniques should be successful. You have to believe you can do it and focus, focus, focus!

You can practise this on a smaller scale, by attempting to manifest an object from thin air. Try and get an apple to appear in your hand. This will build up your confidence and reinforce belief that control is possible.

Good luck!
Old 28-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Experiencer

Lucid dreaming is the definition of controling your dream. So you are not lucid dreaming yet. Im not good at it and i am no expert. Im trying lately and I managed woke up in a dream a few days ago on a hillside. I just created groups of people to walk passed me it was fun. As last time i flew around and woke up from fear of falling so i just creates something simple. I just watched group after group walk passed and studied their clothing and posessions. As every detail is important and a subconscious symbol
Old 28-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Lucid dreaming is the definition of controling your dream.

No it's not. Look it up in a dictionary. Control can be achievable in a lucid dream, but a lucid dream simply means being aware you are dreaming during the dream.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Another technique is to draw an imaginary circle with your finger in the space in front of you. Make it large, as if creating your own portal. Then step through it

Good luck!
my friend just literarly snaps his fingers to change environment. He is a very advanced lucid dreamer. He was the person who once'tought me the method of gaining dream awarenes
Old 05-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Suspended
Good for him.