Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 01-11-2017, 02:23 PM
Seeker
Thumbs up First Induced Lucid Dream!!

Hello everyone, I hope you're well.

I know this is a long post, obviously you don't have to read if you don't want to, but I would like to apologize in advance for the length of the post, if you do choose to read, thank you.

I just woke up roughly 10 minutes ago from my first successfully induced lucid dream! I feel great and extremely grateful.

I initially was following the WBTB(Wake-Back-To-Bed) technique, where you wake up 4 to 6 hours after sleeping and stay up for a pre-determined set amount of time. I have a variation I did to this. For me, this technique works, but it takes a while. Some people only stay up for 20 minutes, some people stay up for 45 minutes, heck, some people wake up, roll over and turn off their alarm and go straight back to bed. But for me, I need to stay up for at least an hour to an hour and a half, at least. I also do something most would think is counter intuitive, I drink a cup of coffee. Most people in their guides on the WBTB method try to steer people away from consuming anything other than water during this time, as they theorize it's best to not mess up the bodies chemical and neurological state upon waking.

Now, I don't know how you live your life, but I've been drinking coffee for years everyday, I actually used to drink more than I do now, but have reduced my intake to 1 cup a day, sometimes 2. I think this plays a role, because I've probably built up a tolerance to coffee in some way, or maybe I've become unaware of the physical effects it has on my body, but, I do know that coffee has been proven to improve alertness and cause mental stimulation, so I presume this is why the coffee helped me out, along with staying up for a while, I built up my awareness while still feeling the desire to sleep. It's contradictory, I know. I actually almost lucid dreamed earlier, I think, I was going to bed today after the period of time I stayed up and was laying in bed. I had my eyes closed and was still awake but started to day dream and see things in my minds eyes, nothing cliche or super symbolic, just normal dream gibberish and randomness. I then remember seeing like a bunch of cubicles in an office from a perspective where I was looking down on the office, no one was present and it seemed like the office was closed. I focused on this imagery and it got a little more detailed and pronounced but quickly faded to the right as my eyes must of moved to follow it and I lost it.

I must of missed a window to fall asleep because after that I found it very difficult to sleep and eventually started questioning whether I should just get up for the day. Eventually after some time I slipped back into a day dream imagery type thing, which happens to me a lot, but this was unique because I became aware of the imagery, I immediately began to visualize hands in the scene and began to feel a plastic product container in front of me, I was in a store or something. I could almost like in a weird way hear the waking world getting further away, even though I didn't have a TV on or anything, it was like the ambient noise of my room was heightened and I could feel myself moving further from it. At first I felt like I was struggling to maintain the imagery and fighting to hop into it before it dissipated like the last one, I basically brute forced myself into the imagery. I felt like I was in it and looked around, sure enough, I was in some convenience store. I remember noticing in the dream how much more aware I felt than I normally did, the dream was moderately vivid as well, more so than a normal spontaneous lucid dream. I walked down an aisle and turned left and walked up to a lady with her daughter and asked her what she represented, she said "physics," another lady nearby said she represented "teaching." I asked them to give me more detail, and I couldn't really gather what they said, but I'm beginning to think they were simple dream characters that perhaps didn't really represent anything, but I'm completely open to the possibility that they could've represented something. They just kind of gave me weird, irrelevant and seemingly unintelligent explanations that made me think they were normal dream characters. I remembered in the back of my head that I wanted to talk to my subconscious and ask it how I can increase the frequency of my lucid dreams, as I've been struggling for years, hopefully this is a turning point in my lucid dreaming career. I turned and started walking into a big park or something that looked like it had some statues in the center and plenty of people were walking about, I then faded out and immediately woke up.

Incredible dream that I'm deeply thankful and grateful for, I think I found my technique!

It seems that I ended up doing a WILD induction, incredible.

Thanks a lot for reading, I know this is a long post, sorry about that.
Old 19-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Newbie ;)

I haven't had lucid dreaming in a while, but i would be a bit scared to do it again
Old 11-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Master
i saw it on yt
https://youtu.be/lYSX51xBkos

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔