Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 09-04-2011, 07:50 AM
paisley

electric connection

I would really appreciate some insight to this connection, I just can't figure it out!
The guy is my brother & sister in law's neighbor, and we met 2 yrs ago when I moved to town. When I first met him I remember having a strange feeling of be nice to this guy, he's going to be around a lot/important. I was married and very shy/reserved so not looking for anything other than basic friendlyness.
Probably the 3rd or 4th time I saw him something amazing happened. I will never forget it- we locked eyes and it was like time literally stopped. It felt like electricity was surging through me and I couldn't hear or see anything but him and his eyes. I saw these sort of flashes of me and him, together. Something clicked and I understood a part of his personality I didn't "get" at first- my impression was that he was goofy, silly and high energy, but something quiet and sensitive and passionate jumped out at me in this moment. I know I just stood there staring at him with this stupid smile on my face but I couldn't break away. He was staring at me too but probably because I looked like a possessed person! I was walking on air for days after that, but I didn't see him for many months.
I've since divorced and have been running into him lately, but it seems really hard to talk to each other.
I know that we have pretty much everything in common, from major lifestyle choices down to the issues we are dealing with about our children and former spouses. From what my sister in law says (they are very close), it seems like he would be an amazing friend at the very least. I have so much respect for him and feel so drawn to getting to know him better, but it's almost impossible to carry on conversations. It's not smooth and we end up sitting in silence a lot. But then when I leave I feel like I'm walking on air, and sometimes it lasts for a whole day afterwards.
My sister in law says that he is quieter and has "doe eyes" when I'm around. But I don't get the feeling he's really into even being friends with me. I don't understand the purpose of this intense connection or if it has any meaning whatsoever. Although I don't get that huge reaction from eye contact anymore, it's still incredibly comforting to look into his eyes and hear his voice.
Like I said I'm recently divorced and have children so dating isn't really high on my list right now, but it's hard to ignore something like this. There are several nice guys who are interested in me but this is the only guy I can think about!
I guess I'm trying to figure out if I should keep trying to get to know him in my weird shy way, or if he's quiet because I'm creeping him out and I should give it up. And why/how would a connection like that happen if we aren't meant to even be friends?
Any insight would be much appreciated, I've been puzzling over this for a looooong time!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Master
AWWWWWWW , READING THIS MADE ME SMILE :) , ESP THE BIT ABOUT LOCKING EYES AND WALKING ON AIR FOR DAYS AFTERWARDS , I WAS THE SAME WITH MY TWIN , NOONE CAN SAY IF HE IS UR TWIN FLAME ONLY U CAN KNOW THIS N THIS U WILL KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT BUT MAYBE A BIT MORE TIME WILL SHOW THIS OR NOT , FIRST;Y IF HE IS , THEN REMEMBER HE IS U AND U ARE HIM U ARE AS ONE , SO IF UR SHY HE BE SHY ALSO :) , I DONT THINK HE WA SLOOKING AT YOU IN A SILLY WAY BECAUSE HE THOUGHT U WAS POSESSED , PERHAPS HE WAS JUST AS FASCINATED BY U AS U WERE HIM , I WOULD LISTEN TO UR SISITER IN LAW THO , BECAUSE SHE KNOWS HIM BETTER THAN U IN THIS RESPECT , AND SUMTIMES OTHERS CAN PICK UP ON THE CONNECTION BETWEEN US ALSO, IT SOUNDS TO ME AS THIS CONNECTION IF IT IS ONE , WHICH I THINK MAY WELL BE , HAS PROB THROWN HIM ALSO N THIS IS WHY HE FEELS SHY AROUND U , EVERY REALATIONSHIP WE HAVE WITH ANOTHER TEACHES US ABOUT WHO WE ARE , N THE TWIN FLAME IS A MIRROR SO EVERYTHING HE IS WILL BE REFELCETD BACK TO U BECAUSE THIS IS WHO U ARE , THIS CAN BE VERY FRUSTRATIN ESP WHEN LOGICAL MIND COMES IN ,I WISH U WELL ON GETTIN TO KNOW HIM AND IF HE IS UR TWIN THEN THIS IS JUST THE START WITH SO MUCH MORE TO FOLLOW :) , JUST LISTEN TO UR INSTINCTS , AND AS I ALWAY SAY TRUE LOVE ALWAYS APPEARS WHEN U ELAST EXPECT IT AND ARE NOT LOOKING FOR IT :)

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Old 09-04-2011, 04:19 PM
paisley

Thanks :) I have noticed that when he is really energetic I'm that way too, but if one of us is tired or quiet it kinda pulls both of us down until we're sitting there in silence. That's why I was thinking maybe the connection was just for that moment, just to show me that there are more fish in the sea (other than my ex husband) or maybe we were supposed to learn something from each other. Part of me really wants it to be more than that!
Old 09-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Master

Time will tell if it's more than that, but the eye locking thing made me smile too (like Mystical). That's very typical for twinflames. I experienced it myself with my twin. I can tell you that after meeting him I cannot sleep for at least two nights because of the adrenaline and energy that is flowing through my body. Never asked him if he feels the same after seeing me...

Listen to your heart and don't hurry things up. Everything is gonna be alright in it's own time.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:51 PM
paisley

yes I get that too, I can't sleep after I see him! Last saturday it took until 4am. Then I wake up the next day walking on air again.
But it's so strange, I'd think it would be easier to talk to him or something. Or like he'd be more interested in me? I wish I knew if he felt that connection too, it would be amazing if he did!
That's good advice to let things unfold naturally, but sometimes I worry that if I don't make a move he will end up with someone else, and I'll always wonder what if. I need to stop obsessing about it I know, it's just so fascinating it's hard not to daydream :)
Old 09-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Master
i always foud with my twin when in his company i couldnt sleep , wa sonly after i left him i felt so tired like i been sedated , but the walking on air he always made me , he onyl said to say hi , n that was enough , the sun would come out :)

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Old 10-04-2011, 12:30 AM
twinwonder7

I just can't get over all of these identical experiences! word for word! The lack of sleep, the not sure they even want to be your friend, the walking on air, time stopping, shortness of breath, being woken up in the middle of the night for months when they were not near (and we had not even touched yet) even the same as in first impression was only a glimpse and all of these layers were soon revealed. Definite mirror, somesort of deep knowing and understanding even though strangers. My own story blew me away and now it's even deeper. There is a reason, more and more is clicking that we NEED to feel this to evolve. And perhaps they will too when their moment is right. WOw!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:38 AM
CJ82Sky

i love this story and am excited to hear how it unfolds in the days ahead! i have a similar story but there is much time between us before things can change so i am patiently waiting, yet living my life if that makes sense.

i hope things work out!