Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-01-2018, 01:02 AM
Suspended
Ascender

And thank you for your gentle presence and kind aura.

BT
Old 20-01-2018, 01:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree

Gratitude is both a reflection of personal character, and a boon for the one whom experiences it. There is/are blessings, and it is worthy of thanks.

BT

I find it interesting that you attribute gratitude to personal character. I hadn't thought of it that way before! Perhaps gratitude can sometimes manifest without a character and also without an object (mental or physical) to be grateful about. Have you ever experienced gratitude for no apparent theoretical reason? When that happens, gratitude is not simply a feeling or a theory but rather a state of being in which you are immersed in? I suppose what I mean is that instead of you as a character experiencing the phenomenon of gratitude, you are simply gratitude itself regardless of either "good" or "bad" things happening. You are just gratitude and joy itself untouched by the world. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 20-01-2018, 03:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Seawolf,

You make some good points and observations.

For it comes down to if I desire a change, then it is up to me to create those changes. Some things I simply can not change, but can adjust as to how to cope with it and find ways to heal the wounds.

Yes, there is some of the expectations that some how one will be rewarded for going through the muck. This to me is setting up one for some dissapointments.
For how often are good deeds rewarded or through suffering one no longer has to feel pain or sorrow?

It is how life is lived that reflects the true character of someone, IMO.

It brings to mind if seeing someone in need of help or in pain, give them a hand up or listen to them. Not because there is reward to be had, because one can.

It seems in some respects people have become cautious to show compassion. Afraid of being rejected or don't take a moment to just acknowledge another.
Little things can mean a lot to another and may even change his/her life.

The reward may not even be noticed or known to the giver, yet the potential to turn someone around or make their day is there.

When done to me find myself lifted up and passing it along. So, change can be subtle and may never know it has even occurred. Yet, it did.

So, what you share brings these thoughts to me. I grew up in a Catholic household and the whole reward will come for ones suffering was taught in the church.

Find it is not always that way. It takes effort, willingness, support, and courage to overcome and at times live with ones pain. Sometimes it takes being sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Find also that if never gone through the struggles, would not realize the support and yes will say love that is around me. Would not realize the strength in myself.
Fortunate enough to be blessed with these in my life.

To not expect a reward, but do what one is able to lift another up or just simply acknowledge another as a fellow being. In a way small acts like these can be a form of gratitude. Subtle in its appreciation.

Yes, it takes creating a fresh outlook upon life.:)

Thank you
Thanks for sharing, I resonate with alot of what you said. I think a major reason that there is less compassion here (I can only speak for my environment) is there is so much trauma now, passed from generation to generation, affecting how children are raised. Children that don't get their emotional needs met by their parents don't gain a sense of worth. They don't see their own value, and consequently the value of others. I see the greatest need in my society is to understand trauma and how to heal it. It has a powerful affect and continues affecting generations after. It causes billions if not trillions to need to be spent on health care, mental health and justice systems. I think we need to heal and understand our worth, and that's where compassion for our fellow humans blossoms from. The past is gone where we placate our trauma with religious ideas that we're unworthy sinners deserving of punishment, or that we're just random matter in the universe with no meaning or reason for being.. these ideas have their source in trauma I believe, for one of the biggest affects of it is the sense of shame. Shame meaning I'm worthless and deserving of nothing good. But now at least the world is understanding this issue and healing is spreading through very smart and compassionate people using science and heart.
Old 20-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
I find it interesting that you attribute gratitude to personal character. I hadn't thought of it that way before! Perhaps gratitude can sometimes manifest without a character and also without an object (mental or physical) to be grateful about. Have you ever experienced gratitude for no apparent theoretical reason? When that happens, gratitude is not simply a feeling or a theory but rather a state of being in which you are immersed in? I suppose what I mean is that instead of you as a character experiencing the phenomenon of gratitude, you are simply gratitude itself regardless of either "good" or "bad" things happening. You are just gratitude and joy itself untouched by the world. :)

For those on a spiritual journey like Buddhism or others, yes sometimes the openings are breathtaking - gratitude just flows. One need not talk about character or anything like that.

In ordinary life (I make the delineation only for discussion purposes here) a person who is grateful is generally more close to the heart qualities - and therein they show themself to be nicer people. It is a reflection of quality and spiritual development. This is why gratitude is often encouraged, and by cultivating it, we also cultivate the open heart quality - it is a dance - both open up the right doors to our lives.

Be well, Imzadi

BT
Old 21-01-2018, 01:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Thanks for sharing, I resonate with alot of what you said. I think a major reason that there is less compassion here (I can only speak for my environment) is there is so much trauma now, passed from generation to generation, affecting how children are raised. Children that don't get their emotional needs met by their parents don't gain a sense of worth. They don't see their own value, and consequently the value of others. I see the greatest need in my society is to understand trauma and how to heal it. It has a powerful affect and continues affecting generations after. It causes billions if not trillions to need to be spent on health care, mental health and justice systems. I think we need to heal and understand our worth, and that's where compassion for our fellow humans blossoms from. The past is gone where we placate our trauma with religious ideas that we're unworthy sinners deserving of punishment, or that we're just random matter in the universe with no meaning or reason for being.. these ideas have their source in trauma I believe, for one of the biggest affects of it is the sense of shame. Shame meaning I'm worthless and deserving of nothing good. But now at least the world is understanding this issue and healing is spreading through very smart and compassionate people using science and heart.

Appreciate what you share.

I also see trauma and it effects with the society I live in.
Some is pretty obvious, while some goes on in silence.
There are many who suffer from loneliness. Having no one to talk to or be in contact with. It goes on silently.

Yes, not only the monetary costs, but there is also the cost in quality of life.

To reach out to another is in a way acknowledging that person. It gives a sense that he/she matters and has value.

In a way I see this as a form of gratitude. For gratitude for me is welcoming grace into ones life. It holds no boundaries and does not ask what one believes or how one looks. It is valuing oneself and all that life brings.

Gratitude opens the heart and this I feel once opened can not help but expand out to others.

Yes, what you share does go on. It causes burdens. Also feel there is more awareness rising about it. People are beginning to speak up and reach out to one another. Still work to be done to break down old habits and to further understand.

Saw a news clip on some schools here in the states are teaching kids mindfulness. It helps the kids to be more focused and calmer. Find it interesting.

The mind is a wonder and can feel just beginning to understand the potentials that lie with in. ( a little side thought)

There may be no magic potion to resolve all suffering, but atleast one can do what one can to recognize another as a fellow being.

This I feel can be the power of gratitude. For it gives value and understanding to ones life by opening the heart and mind.

Last edited by Moonglow : 21-01-2018 at 04:23 AM.
Old 25-01-2018, 03:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Appreciate what you share.

I also see trauma and it effects with the society I live in.
Some is pretty obvious, while some goes on in silence.
There are many who suffer from loneliness. Having no one to talk to or be in contact with. It goes on silently.

Yes, not only the monetary costs, but there is also the cost in quality of life.

To reach out to another is in a way acknowledging that person. It gives a sense that he/she matters and has value.

In a way I see this as a form of gratitude. For gratitude for me is welcoming grace into ones life. It holds no boundaries and does not ask what one believes or how one looks. It is valuing oneself and all that life brings.

Gratitude opens the heart and this I feel once opened can not help but expand out to others.

Yes, what you share does go on. It causes burdens. Also feel there is more awareness rising about it. People are beginning to speak up and reach out to one another. Still work to be done to break down old habits and to further understand.

Saw a news clip on some schools here in the states are teaching kids mindfulness. It helps the kids to be more focused and calmer. Find it interesting.

The mind is a wonder and can feel just beginning to understand the potentials that lie with in. ( a little side thought)

There may be no magic potion to resolve all suffering, but atleast one can do what one can to recognize another as a fellow being.

This I feel can be the power of gratitude. For it gives value and understanding to ones life by opening the heart and mind.
Thanks for sharing, yes gratitude is a daily thing for me, it's very positive for me.

They're also starting to teach yoga to kids. The world is changing.

One thing I also remember is that I can't change the world. I can only do my little part.

One of the effects of childhood trauma is to focus on others so we don't have to look at ourselves. Some people focus on family members, or friends, some make it their job. The person might not even realize they're doing it. That's what trauma does, it keeps us away from ourselves. It's alot easier to focus on other's pain when we're hurting inside. Sure, alot of good can still come from it, but in the overall picture of things it's not good. I think true helping comes when we look at reality, at our own lives, and begin to heal. I notice myself doing it alot, it's just a distraction from my pain. I can have good intentions towards others though and that's not wrong, it's just I need to be very aware of myself and recognize it. Try to understand what I'm trying get away from in me.
Old 26-01-2018, 03:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for sharing, yes gratitude is a daily thing for me, it's very positive for me.

They're also starting to teach yoga to kids. The world is changing.

One thing I also remember is that I can't change the world. I can only do my little part.

One of the effects of childhood trauma is to focus on others so we don't have to look at ourselves. Some people focus on family members, or friends, some make it their job. The person might not even realize they're doing it. That's what trauma does, it keeps us away from ourselves. It's alot easier to focus on other's pain when we're hurting inside. Sure, alot of good can still come from it, but in the overall picture of things it's not good. I think true helping comes when we look at reality, at our own lives, and begin to heal. I notice myself doing it alot, it's just a distraction from my pain. I can have good intentions towards others though and that's not wrong, it's just I need to be very aware of myself and recognize it. Try to understand what I'm trying get away from in me.

Hi Seawolf,

Recognizing aspects with in the self can be healing if willing and able to do so.

When I did Message Therapy found that some people protected themselves. The body held areas that were armored (so to speak). Some times would be working on an area of the body and the person would start laughing or crying or have a reaction. Ask if he/she would like a break and they would say no and continue with the session. I would give them the space to let the emotions out. Sometimes they would mention the experience, sometimes would not.

So, find trauma can be held not only in the mind, but in the body as well.
Sometimes the protection is needed in order for the person to just get through life.

When speaking of healing the self, I see it as not just getting spiritually connected, but also mentally and physically. For me, it all interacts and is intertwined.

So, focusing on gratitude brings what I have in all aspects. What each tells me in order to further heal.

Can agree one can not fully give what does not have or not feel one has with in oneself.

Some have met in life whom can not be with him/her self and has to always be busy doing something. May be an advoidence technique ( not sure) or just the way the person is geared.

Yes, some may be great at helping others, but treat oneself like dirt. While met others whom seem a bit withdrawn and do not get to close to another or very few.

I have been withdrawn from others in a way. Sociable but very few I fully let into my life. A trust thing I am aware of in myself. More trusting now, but still there in some degree.

You bring up a personal issue I find lies with in people. Delicate matter to deal with. Sometimes find one just is grateful to have someone listen to them. Not looking for a fix or advice, just the space to let it out. This can have its own healing effects.

Can agree though to find gratitude with in and towards oneself. To come to terms with past hurts and allow one to find the space with in to bring healing.
Doesn't mean what happened was OK, but that it is over (hopefully).

To place things in their proper place has been some of what I have gone through and continue to work on.

At times takes another to bring attention to it. At other times it is myself allowing the energy to enter my being.

Not claiming to know for all, just what I experienced in my life and how I understand some of it.

It is not a solo act and it is at times to find the balance within the interaction can have its challenges.

Have found though each experience has brought something into my life and brings deeper awareness and understanding. Just to have the patience to allow things to grow in their due time and do what I can to not hold too tight to what has passed

Thanks for your insights
Old 27-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Hi Seawolf,

Recognizing aspects with in the self can be healing if willing and able to do so.

When I did Message Therapy found that some people protected themselves. The body held areas that were armored (so to speak). Some times would be working on an area of the body and the person would start laughing or crying or have a reaction. Ask if he/she would like a break and they would say no and continue with the session. I would give them the space to let the emotions out. Sometimes they would mention the experience, sometimes would not.

So, find trauma can be held not only in the mind, but in the body as well.
Sometimes the protection is needed in order for the person to just get through life.

When speaking of healing the self, I see it as not just getting spiritually connected, but also mentally and physically. For me, it all interacts and is intertwined.

So, focusing on gratitude brings what I have in all aspects. What each tells me in order to further heal.

Can agree one can not fully give what does not have or not feel one has with in oneself.

Some have met in life whom can not be with him/her self and has to always be busy doing something. May be an advoidence technique ( not sure) or just the way the person is geared.

Yes, some may be great at helping others, but treat oneself like dirt. While met others whom seem a bit withdrawn and do not get to close to another or very few.

I have been withdrawn from others in a way. Sociable but very few I fully let into my life. A trust thing I am aware of in myself. More trusting now, but still there in some degree.

You bring up a personal issue I find lies with in people. Delicate matter to deal with. Sometimes find one just is grateful to have someone listen to them. Not looking for a fix or advice, just the space to let it out. This can have its own healing effects.

Can agree though to find gratitude with in and towards oneself. To come to terms with past hurts and allow one to find the space with in to bring healing.
Doesn't mean what happened was OK, but that it is over (hopefully).

To place things in their proper place has been some of what I have gone through and continue to work on.

At times takes another to bring attention to it. At other times it is myself allowing the energy to enter my being.

Not claiming to know for all, just what I experienced in my life and how I understand some of it.

It is not a solo act and it is at times to find the balance within the interaction can have its challenges.

Have found though each experience has brought something into my life and brings deeper awareness and understanding. Just to have the patience to allow things to grow in their due time and do what I can to not hold too tight to what has passed

Thanks for your insights
Yes trauma is held in the body, that seems to be the focus of modern trauma therapy now. I notice the body as well as the mind, try to meditate daily to feel the body. I can feel where the emotions are now. Feeling is new, had to learn it. Therapy brings things up, so when it gets more difficult, I'm encouraged to know somehting is happening. Nightmares intensify now due to deep trauma work. It's important to keep going, making it over the hills. The body and mind want to heal, just need help to find the resource within. I believe I need others, there was never any true healing in isolation. These are the things that heal me now.. gratitude, support from others, therapy, exercise, yoga, meditation, eating good, doing fun things, realizing the past traumas and having self-compassion, prayer, hope, listening to and feeling the body/mind, finding out what parts there are in the mind, what they protect, thanking those parts for saving me.
Old 27-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes trauma is held in the body, that seems to be the focus of modern trauma therapy now. I notice the body as well as the mind, try to meditate daily to feel the body. I can feel where the emotions are now. Feeling is new, had to learn it. Therapy brings things up, so when it gets more difficult, I'm encouraged to know somehting is happening. Nightmares intensify now due to deep trauma work. It's important to keep going, making it over the hills. The body and mind want to heal, just need help to find the resource within. I believe I need others, there was never any true healing in isolation. These are the things that heal me now.. gratitude, support from others, therapy, exercise, yoga, meditation, eating good, doing fun things, realizing the past traumas and having self-compassion, prayer, hope, listening to and feeling the body/mind, finding out what parts there are in the mind, what they protect, thanking those parts for saving me.

May you have continue strength and blessings upon your journey and healing process, Seawolf.

It seems for me to winging it at the moment, lol. Seem to be drawn back to meditating to help relax my mind.

Winter here. This time of year is a bit internal for me. Go out for walks when not bitter cold outside, helps clear the mind and body with fresh air.

It is a continual process for me. Older and more settled with in myself and what I have picked up along the way from various sources.

Grateful for those that have come into my life and continue to do so. They have gave support and taught me things of myself.

Keep on going. May the path become smoother along the way.
Old 31-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Suspended
Seeker

The greater part of us ponder in light of the fact that it develops our sentiments of prosperity. What's more, it's valid that a straightforward ten or fifteen minutes daily can have enormous impacts. Individuals regularly see a more full feeling of internal security after just half a month of having an every day rehearse. This is an awesome thing.