Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 06-01-2018, 12:27 AM
Master
Weird vision/feeling I had today about nandi and shiva

Shiva rides nandi

shiva is consciousness. nandi is a white male bull

my body is a young white male, and my birth sign is taurus.

my self is the same as shivas, consciousness. my body is like nandi

together I am like the play of shiva and nandi. I ride the body and the body serves to transport me from X to X while I perform what I need to.

that is all. thanks for reading. just wanted to share my cool experience today. Also I saw A LOT of shiva and nandi while meditating today. lol. no surprise right? haha
Old 06-01-2018, 01:44 AM
Master
Nandi the Bull is always the observer (mind)...just watching Shiva and what He does.

If you ever go to a Shiva temple, you'll see Nandi the Bull facing the door, watching who comes and goes...just being Nandi.

Often Nandi is seen watching the Shiva Lingam...he is positioned facing it. Nandi is the 'eyes of Shiva'.

Nandi represents a few things...firstly, our own mind or our conscious awareness, just noticing what is going on around us...noticing the play of Shiva...of Consciousness within and without all matter. Just seeing Shiva and going 'ohkay, so that's what He is doing...cool!"

Next, being a bull, Nandi also represents stubbornness or bull-headedness. Quite a few times, Nandi has assumed human form, gone off on his own, charging in to delicate situations where angels fear to tread...thinking he knows everything...thinking he is acting for Shiva...and so he makes a right blunder of things and so, it's up to Shiva to undo it all, to set things right again...and tell Nandi to "just sit and watch me, like a good bull".

It's debatable as to who is the biggest 'gossip' in the Deva realms...Nandi or Narada Muni. lol

Also, Nandi's four legs/feet represent the 4 pillars of Dharma being austerity, cleanliness, mercy and truth. Or the 4 yugas, being the ages of mankind and the subsequent erosion of Dharma within them.

So, Shiva riding the bull means that He has conquered the observing mind, he has conquered stubbornness, rage, pride and is fully established within the 4 pillars of Dharma, directing and controlling them.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 06-01-2018, 01:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Nandi the Bull is always the observer...always watching Shiva and what He does.

If you ever go to a Shiva temple, you'll see Nandi the Bull facing the door, just watching who comes and goes...just being Nandi.

Often Nandi is seen watching the Shiva Lingam...he is often positioned facing it.

Nandi represents a few things...firstly, our own mind or our conscious awareness, just noticing what is going on around us...noticing the play of Shiva...of Consciousness within and without all matter. Just seeing Shiva and going 'ohkay, so that's what He is doing...cool!"

Next, being a bull, Nandi also represents stubbornness or bull-headedness. Quite a few times, Nandi has assumed human form, gone off on his own, charging in to delicate situations where angels fear to tread...thinking he knows everything...thinking he is acting for Shiva...and he makes a right blunder of things and so, it's up to Shiva to undo it all, to set things right again...and tell Nandi to just "sit and watch, like a good bull".

It's debatable as to who is the biggest 'gossip' in the Deva realms...Nandi or Narada Muni. lol

Also, Nandi's four legs/feet represent the 4 pillars of Dharma being austerity, cleanliness, mercy and truth. Or the 4 yugas, being the ages of mankind and the subsequent erosion of Dharma within them.

So, Shiva riding the bull means that He has conquered the observing mind, he has conquered stubbornness, rage, pride and is fully established within the 4 pillars of Dharma, directing and controlling them.

Om Namah Shivaya

if nandi is the observer, and shiva is the observer, how can that work?
Old 06-01-2018, 01:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
if nandi is the observer, and shiva is the observer, how can that work?
Shiva is beyond the observation, existing as pure self-aware consciousness that doesn't need to 'observe' anything.

Even people like Mooji who say "who is observing this?" is asking a rhetorical question that cannot even be answered, because any answer given will be incorrect.

You can say "Oneness is observing" but what is observing Oneness, if it is not observing itself as Oneness? So, Nandi is the final state before Shiva-bliss, when Shiva is observed, but not directly experienced as the observer, because ultimately, there is no distinction between observer and observed, between Oneness 'observing' and Oneness 'existing' because it is all duality. It is all Brahman...Brahman the Bull. LOL

In much the same way as Shiva is Nandi and Nandi is Shiva, so who is 'riding' whom? The rest are just stories made up to make Shiva devotees happy. lol
Old 06-01-2018, 02:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Shiva is beyond the observation, existing as pure self-aware consciousness that doesn't need to 'observe' anything.

Even people like Mooji who say "who is observing this?" is asking a rhetorical question that cannot even be answered, because any answer given will be incorrect.

You can say "Oneness is observing" but what is observing Oneness, if it is not observing itself as Oneness? So, Nandi is the final state before Shiva-bliss, when Shiva is observed, but not directly experienced as the observer, because ultimately, there is no distinction between observer and observed, between Oneness 'observing' and Oneness 'existing' because it is all duality. It is all Brahman...Brahman the Bull. LOL

In much the same way as Shiva is Nandi and Nandi is Shiva, so who is 'riding' whom? The rest is just stories made up to make Shiva devotees happy. lol

if there is something observing observing, how can it be separate. wouldn't it just be that which it is observing.

wouldnt it be NOTHING. HOLY. WOW.

i get it.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
if there is something observing observing, how can it be separate. wouldn't it just be that which it is observing.

wouldnt it be NOTHING. HOLY. WOW.

i get it.

OM NAMAH SHIVAYA!
Old 06-01-2018, 02:18 AM
Master
Quote:

OM NAMAH SHIVAYA!

thank you for that. sometimes we all need a little outside push to help us forward
Old 06-01-2018, 02:24 AM
Master
So shiva is everything. including the observation which is the mind.

because the observation and the observed is the same thing, no-thing. then there is truly nothing, no self. just everything, which is the same as no-thing.

in other words there is nothing separate despite seeming that way. everything is the same thing, which is nothing, despite seeming different.

everything (singular) complements each other(the total). everything combined is Shiva (the total).

Wish I could know what that feels like, guess I need to die first. In the physical sense I mean, mentally I've already done it. Right now I'm enjoying the physical body without the mental self.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
So shiva is everything. including the observation which is the mind.

because the observation and the observed is the same thing, no-thing. then there is truly nothing, no self. just everything, which is the same as no-thing.

in other words there is nothing separate despite seeming that way. everything is the same thing, which is nothing, despite seeming different.

everything (singular) complements each other(the total). everything combined is Shiva (the total).

Wish I could know what that feels like, guess I need to die first. In the physical sense I mean, mentally I've already done it. Right now I'm enjoying the physical body without the mental self.
You are more than welcome for the little loving push.

Yes, within that nothing there is everything. There is no distinction between nothing and everything at that level.

Shiva is the complement and Shiva is the totality, until there remains no complement, no totality because it's all just Shiva anyway.

There is a quote I like to use sometimes from the Isa Upanishad.

"This totality is full of Divine Consciousness (Shiva) and that complement is also full of Divine Consciousness (Shiva).

From the fullness of complement, the totality exists and vice versa. It is interchangeable.

The fullness of Divine Consciousness will always remain thus, because nothing can be added to nor subtracted from it which can, in any way, alter its configuration as the Divine Consciousness.

Peace be to all the three worlds".

ॐ पूर्णमदः पूर्णमिदं पूर्णात्पुर्णमुदच्यते
पूर्णस्य पूर्णमादाय पूर्णमेवावशिष्यते ॥
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥

Om Puurnnam-Adah Puurnnam-Idam Puurnnaat-Purnnam-Udacyate
Puurnnasya Puurnnam-Aadaaya Puurnnam-Eva-Avashissyate ||
Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Have I felt, experienced the Absolute Reality whilst in this body? with all due humility and unashamedly I can say that I have.

Have I also turned my back and ran a million miles away after having realised it because it was so intense, I felt I was not fit/ripe/ready for this realisation? yup.

Do I now suffer the 'million slings and arrows that flesh is heir to' and seek solace in Maha Samadhi (conscious death) even though I don't really want to physically 'die' either because that will mean I cannot love Lord Shiva in human form anymore? you betcha.

This is why they say that a human birth is the most rare and noble of all births in all realms and even the angels, devas and demi-gods yearn for it, because this is what can happen as a result of it...and you'll never know all those things you have missed until it is all gone...and that is why this differentiated self (ego) is scared to die, even though I have realised the absolute consciousness of Acintya...Sadashiva.

Sadashiva or Paramashiva is that which is beyond all concepts OF Shiva...and they really had to give it a name, didn't they? LOL
Old 06-01-2018, 02:59 AM
Master
I've felt it. discarded it. felt the pain after discarding it. now I wish for it for all time.

and also i dont really care if it happens or not for all time. I'm happy if I continue on as I am now for all time. I have the open-ness which allows it to happen, if it does or doesn't is not my concern. my only concern is if I am open to when it has the potential to happen so it can happen at all times it's possible for it to happen. gotta take the good with the bad right? with this attitude I can have it when it happens, let it go when its time to go, and enjoy it to the max because it's not omnipresent.

well, this was a very helpful conversation haha