Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 19-06-2011, 04:49 PM
blue moon

third eye

for the last month whenever i get ready to sleep and close my eyes .. I feel tickles in my forehead
is this the third eye?

hope you can answer
Old 19-06-2011, 05:28 PM
LightFilledHeart

Hard to say definitively what you are experiencing, but it sure SOUNDS like it could be stimulation of the third eye! What, if anything, do you experience after this?
Old 19-06-2011, 05:40 PM
blue moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Hard to say definitively what you are experiencing, but it sure SOUNDS like it could be stimulation of the third eye! What, if anything, do you experience after this?

hi LightFilledHeart thank you for answering me ..
when I feel the tickles I open my eyes and then the feeling goes
but it's not just when I close my eyes .. I also feel it when I concentrate or think about it ..
Old 19-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Ladofthelight

Hi Blue Moon,

You might want to do an experiment...

It's pretty easy to do.

Simply stay awake as long as you can without losing consciousness.

You can simply lay in your bed on your back with your eyes closed and try to remain awake.

If your third eye is developing, as you get into the "hypnogogic" state as some will call it (the state before deep sleep), you will be able to consciously see the effects of third eye "vision".

Get used to being in this state. It will become more and more easy after you do it more frequently. If you fall asleep, so be it. This is all of the "fun" in opening our personal doors.

You might see geometric shapes, various colors, you might see movement, perhaps what ever looks like a movie playing out. It might be vivid, it might be blurry. It will all be with your eyes closed initially, but you may find that if you open your eyes, what you were seeing with closed eyes will appear over your outward vision.

If you don't "see" anything, you might just "see" a more 3 dimensional space in front of you, instead of what it looks like when you simply close your eyes.

Before sleep is the easiest time for this stuff to happen because your pineal gland is already secreting seretonin and some DMT (a molecule thought to enable our dreams).

I'm not one to consciously activate the third eye. Personally, that became too frustrating for me when what I wanted to happen, didn't :-)

If you are more patient than I was/am, you can think about pulsing energy in that part of your head. Intention does activate the energies of a particular area, I personally believe.

yo might also be able to see the room through closed eyes. If you want to label things, to me, that is the first stage of an OBE or Astral Projection.

You may also notice throughout your day where things just seem to "activate" at random times.

Go with it. If you want to get some piece of mind by getting checked out by a doctor, that is cool for sure, but don't be surprised if they say nothing to you about what you might here on sites like these.

Regardless, I hope you experience what you wish, and gain insight into whatever it is you are seeking, if anythign at all :-)

Take care.

Laddy
Old 19-06-2011, 07:31 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue moon
hi LightFilledHeart thank you for answering me ..
when I feel the tickles I open my eyes and then the feeling goes
but it's not just when I close my eyes .. I also feel it when I concentrate or think about it ..

That definitely sounds like your third eye is "waking up" or opening. When you open your PHYSICAL eyes it probably stops because your focus has altered from spiritual vision to physical vision. I like Lad's suggestion. I think you can accelorate the process that way Good luck!
Old 19-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Deactivated Account
I get this during meditation. I've always put it down to the third eye especially as I now experience all sorts of psychic phenonema. You're doing well - keep noticing it!
Old 17-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Surebys

I used to get the occasional tickle in my forehead at times when I would be reading up or looking into something one might consider spiritual. Over the past few days I have been practicing meditation a lot more and generally giving the whole thing a lot more thought. I now find that I have a near constant sensation in the centre of my forehead of one kind or another, sometimes a slight tickle, at other times its almost the feeling you might get if you were to gently apply pressure with your thumb onto the area. If this is my third eye becoming active, then I'm quite intrigued! Suppose it could just be my imagination though!
Old 18-07-2011, 08:36 AM
KathrynWoods

Also, try seeing if you can have this happen during meditation. It might mean that you are really able to open your third eye and if you keep working with it, you might gain some new sense of intuition or psychic abilities!
Old 18-07-2011, 09:48 AM
mattie

Feeling Energy

The 3rd eye is the same location as the 6th chakra. This can be feeling your energy in these. The pituitary gland is in this location. It has some interesting characteristics like optical cells.

When we are asleep we enter the theta brain wave state twice. Once is while falling asleep. It’s very easy to connect w/ other Ds & energies in theta.