Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Greenslade, hello there BTW ...I really resonate with your response, full stop.
You stalking me? Should I be afraid? Thank you, though.

Quote:
Yes it is!
Don't that beat all and change things so much?

Quote:
check this out...from Etty Hillesum ("Life is Beautiful"). She is so inspirational because she gets it. She chose to see the ever-present love, and no one could take that from her.

Peace & blessings
7L
Beyond labels and judgements a very different perspective awaits, something that makes sense of it all. Meaningful yes, although beautiful is a little way off so I'll settle for being at peace with it.
Old 20-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It's not about your vibrations, it's about your Karmic Obligations, Life's Purpose or whatever reason you're on this planet and vibrating at this frequency. You're here to do a job - 'We are here to learn' or 'Spiritually develop' or any number of other similar phrases and the best way we can immerse ourselves in that learning/development is to vibrate at a compatible frequency to that learning/development. We're here because we need to be, not because of our vibrations. By the way, this is a 'level of the Spiritual realm'.

Jesus was probably one of the 'highest' vibrational people that ever Lived, yet he chose a Life as... You'll know the story. Everything about his environment was 'low vibrational' - the places he want, the people he associated with and especially his chosen disciples. Same can be said of so many high vibrational people through the ages.

There's more to having high vibrations than having high vibrations and it reflects your state of being and your consciousness.

This makes so much more sense to me than all that "like attracts like" stuff...

I have also been struggling to understand this concept that "everything is a mirror" when a lot of the people that I deal with on a regular basis seem to be the polar opposite of who I am, what I feel, and what I want to be.

Is it that the mirror can show us the opposite for some reason, and it's still us? Maybe our dark side (that exists but that we have decided we do not wish to participate in or be), but it still has to come up for some reason? What is the reason? It seems at times, I'll be at the highest vibration, and yet the people that end up around me are at the lowest, why, when I am supposed to attract what I am feeling?
Old 20-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139

I have also been struggling to understand this concept that "everything is a mirror" when a lot of the people that I deal with on a regular basis seem to be the polar opposite of who I am, what I feel, and what I want to be.

Is it that the mirror can show us the opposite for some reason, and it's still us? Maybe our dark side (that exists but that we have decided we do not wish to participate in or be), but it still has to come up for some reason? What is the reason? It seems at times, I'll be at the highest vibration, and yet the people that end up around me are at the lowest, why, when I am supposed to attract what I am feeling?

I think you bring up a very interesting question with mirroring and opposites here. Mirroring I know not a thing of myself, but what you said about opposites and it still perhaps being a part of ourselves brings to mind a few thoughts for me.

Opposites take positivity, negativity- higher-lower vibrations for example.

I have gone through thoughts on this in my own mind for a while when undergoing some sort of transformation, back in teen years.

You see I do not see opposites as opposites, I see it as both one and the same thing in a way. Take here SF for example- we have a number of very positive people here- sharing discussing etc. There have been numerous times I have seen very positive members at times say very negative things. They do not for the most part realize how negative it may sound.

But these are for the most part Positive people. but I do not feel everyone is 100 percent positive all of the time.

Because there exists both. Positive and negative. I view them not as opposites at all but of the very same thing. They both are point of view, they both come from the human nature, the very source of all that is.

When people ask me well is God Good and Satan Evil? I ask them foremost- whom is this Satan they speak of? And my reaction or answer is usually along the lines of- Good, Evil? To me, Source is Both.

But where you are talking of being in a high vibratory state, and having negative people around you- I feel this way often enough- being around my family at times- until I realize my perception of their negativity is my own negativity. Why? Well for God sake's man, I just judge everyone around me for being so negative.. It was a negative assessment of another's character you see?

I see my relatively perhaps I will not say good, but my better traits in myself, but I also do see my own negative traits in others as well.

We ALL have them.

It becomes a profound lesson learned indeed, when I finally decide to shift my own focus, and start looking for the Good or pleasant qualities I myself have in others.

Then I come to realize, vibrations ultimately have no true profound meaning for me, other than this is not the way I want to be, and to perceive those around me. I do not find it a spiritual act or thought to critique those around me as having high or low vibrational frequencies you see. I feel it is we all have Both. And they rise and yes fall naturally.
Old 20-01-2018, 11:14 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I think you bring up a very interesting question with mirroring and opposites here. Mirroring I know not a thing of myself, but what you said about opposites and it still perhaps being a part of ourselves brings to mind a few thoughts for me.

Opposites take positivity, negativity- higher-lower vibrations for example.

I have gone through thoughts on this in my own mind for a while when undergoing some sort of transformation, back in teen years.

You see I do not see opposites as opposites, I see it as both one and the same thing in a way. Take here SF for example- we have a number of very positive people here- sharing discussing etc. There have been numerous times I have seen very positive members at times say very negative things. They do not for the most part realize how negative it may sound.

But these are for the most part Positive people. but I do not feel everyone is 100 percent positive all of the time.

Because there exists both. Positive and negative. I view them not as opposites at all but of the very same thing. They both are point of view, they both come from the human nature, the very source of all that is.

When people ask me well is God Good and Satan Evil? I ask them foremost- whom is this Satan they speak of? And my reaction or answer is usually along the lines of- Good, Evil? To me, Source is Both.

But where you are talking of being in a high vibratory state, and having negative people around you- I feel this way often enough- being around my family at times- until I realize my perception of their negativity is my own negativity. Why? Well for God sake's man, I just judge everyone around me for being so negative.. It was a negative assessment of another's character you see?

I see my relatively perhaps I will not say good, but my better traits in myself, but I also do see my own negative traits in others as well.

We ALL have them.

It becomes a profound lesson learned indeed, when I finally decide to shift my own focus, and start looking for the Good or pleasant qualities I myself have in others.

Then I come to realize, vibrations ultimately have no true profound meaning for me, other than this is not the way I want to be, and to perceive those around me. I do not find it a spiritual act or thought to critique those around me as having high or low vibrational frequencies you see. I feel it is we all have Both. And they rise and yes fall naturally.

That's interesting, thanks for the view!

When I talk about low vibrational people, I am specifically referring to people that are not only negative, but downright abusive or degrading to others. So while I acknowledge that I may have parts of myself that could go this way, I do not feel this way at all. Yet I do encounter people like this in the course of my day, at work (I work in a public middle school, it's not that different from working in a prison LOL ), while out in public, and sometimes, when I go random places. Yet these are not the type of people I would choose to be around at all.

I think this is where I get confused about the loa... when they talk about "you attract people on the same vibe as you" do they mean only your intimate family and friends? Your co-workers or others you deal with? People you pass in the street? I mean, where do you draw the line?
Surely, you cannot expect every single person you encounter to have a high vibration because you do, because the general public is a mixed bag. When I go out in public, I encounter a mixed bag. Sometimes I'm on a high vibe and encounter someone on an extremely low one, or sometimes I am struggling with something and find someone that comes along out of the blue and helps me.

I also have known people that are always positive, and get upset if you ever talk about anything that they consider to be negative. I consider myself more of a realist. Plus I don't believe that sweeping problems under the helps solve them... how do you solve a problem if you never talk about it or acknowledge it?
I think these people that claim to be positive 100% of the time, are deluding themselves. I would agree with you, we all have both, whether we acknowledge that or not.

Another issue I have with loa, is that on my own personal path, I seem to be clearing a lot of old, built up karma. I don't think this could have happened without certain things happening certain ways at times. So just saying focusing on positive will produce positive... that doesn't seem to be how it works for me. And some things seem to be pre-destined to happen (of course I think our timelines are subject to change depending on our decisions, but still...) So all this talk in the current spiritual community, of what you focus on you get, is just confusing to me at this point....
I'd like more perspectives on this....
Old 21-01-2018, 01:21 AM
Master
Quote:
That's interesting, thanks for the view!

When I talk about low vibrational people, I am specifically referring to people that are not only negative, but downright abusive or degrading to others. So while I acknowledge that I may have parts of myself that could go this way, I do not feel this way at all. Yet I do encounter people like this in the course of my day, at work (I work in a public middle school, it's not that different from working in a prison LOL ), while out in public, and sometimes, when I go random places. Yet these are not the type of people I would choose to be around at all.

I think this is where I get confused about the loa... when they talk about "you attract people on the same vibe as you" do they mean only your intimate family and friends? Your co-workers or others you deal with? People you pass in the street? I mean, where do you draw the line?
Surely, you cannot expect every single person you encounter to have a high vibration because you do, because the general public is a mixed bag. When I go out in public, I encounter a mixed bag. Sometimes I'm on a high vibe and encounter someone on an extremely low one, or sometimes I am struggling with something and find someone that comes along out of the blue and helps me.

I also have known people that are always positive, and get upset if you ever talk about anything that they consider to be negative. I consider myself more of a realist. Plus I don't believe that sweeping problems under the helps solve them... how do you solve a problem if you never talk about it or acknowledge it?
I think these people that claim to be positive 100% of the time, are deluding themselves. I would agree with you, we all have both, whether we acknowledge that or not.

Another issue I have with loa, is that on my own personal path, I seem to be clearing a lot of old, built up karma. I don't think this could have happened without certain things happening certain ways at times. So just saying focusing on positive will produce positive... that doesn't seem to be how it works for me. And some things seem to be pre-destined to happen (of course I think our timelines are subject to change depending on our decisions, but still...) So all this talk in the current spiritual community, of what you focus on you get, is just confusing to me at this point....
I'd like more perspectives on this....

Hi.

I can resonate with so much of what you say in regards to LOA and the general public, or the put out positivity and you will attract positive people jargon.

I am at a point in time where I am older and currently living with my parents, because of economical issues. That is to say two people in the household one of them my mother work full time, the rent is 1000+ a month and my monthly income is still needed to help with rent, and groceries and internet, power bill you get the idea.

Now I do not mind staying around so that we have a place to live all of us, however I currently am working on my own personal issues- Trying to be more positive and change negative thinking. Coming from a place of trying to be positive do I attract more positive people and situations- No. I attract the same thing every single day- someone is complaining again we are out of something, while someone else is screaming at the cat for getting up on the table, someone else is slamming the bathroom door behind them, the screaming gets louder- I am quietly in my room and personal space, I was just thinking about attempting a meditation or past life hypnosis session, I sit there in anger, thinking well what the expletive is the point? The screaming continues, someone sighs loudly with their attitude, I end up blowing my lid and walking (Fast, angry) out the bedroom door to go and Holler What The Hell's The Matter Now? To be met with "mind your business, we're talking" "quit slamming your feet", criticism and continued hollering.

Yep, I attracted all this alright, if LOA is my judge of what I attract I am on the low vibrational equivalent it seems of someone so vibrationally low as to upon dying be that 1% Judaism considers so bad off evil, to cease to exist.

According To LOA that is. Truth be told I am not this negative person all the spiritually inclined deem me as when they tell me to higher my vibrations.

And that is where I come from when I talk about being careful about how we perceive what vibratory or spiritual level another is actually on. We don't have any place to be the judge of that, I feel.

But I understand as well what you mean with the LOA and the like attracts like- I have an abundance of spiritual interests- I actually do not attract within my physical life others with the same interests. I instead have no one currently in my personal life I can have spiritual discussions with- One of the major reasons I come here.

With the general public, I notice many times all I see around me at the grocery store is these blank, straight faces- of people. I notice their actions, they walk quick, push their carts, in a mad like frenzy appearing not to realize they are plowing through the aisles and the center walk so fast as to almost run into me, walking slowly, reading the signs, and trying to ascertain which aisle an item is in. I also notice those two women whom are always at the store having a conversation with each other both of their carts pushed horizontally head to head with one another taking up the space of the whole aisle. I do not trust myself to go down these aisles, I go either side of the two women if I need something on either side of them. I know if I attempt to calmly walk up to them to ask if they could possibly move their carts it is going to possibly escape my lips as a scream.

I mean to say I never do this or these things, I am not the type to block an entire aisle with my cart talking to Anyone, you can be rest assured if I am attending the store with a friend we are there to pick something up, and are aware of how respectful we are being enough to have manners not to do that.

I never push my cart full speed walk in a shopping center- Children run off and into aisles and the center line often enough for me to be blatantly aware enough to not act in such manner.

So I understand fully where you come from here.

I do not consider my awareness level to be that of a gnat, yet whenever I am in public, the unaware mass of people walking into a store and letting the door close on the person leaving with a bag or box of glassware in their hands, the masses of unaware whom almost push their cart into a toddler because they walking through the store with the dead eye blank look deep in thought barely seeing enough to be aware of the next 2 feet in front of them or the blatant message they need to slow down.

Or the ladies with their nose to nose carts having idle chit chat about God knows what (I never even get close enough to hear- because I don't want to!) in the midst of the aisle in utter unawareness that yes- there are other people around them, some of which may need a can of tomatoes, they are blocking, asking them to please if they ever so could excuse someone should not even have to be necessary in this day in age with these mid 30s to 40s women whom absolutely should realize that is impolite behavior, and therefore actively try not to engage in it...

Let's just say, I don't think I have literally by the law of attraction feel I have attracted that to myself.

Unless of course by the law of attraction it is deemed my vibrations are so low that is what I am due of attracting. But then if my vibrations are so ultimately low, why is it I am aware in the first place that closing the store door on someone with full hands of bags and infant as you are leaving, is very wrong?
Old 21-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Greenslade

Quote:

What is meant by mirroring is that people see in others what they see in themselves, to put it simply. How do you know you're at the highest vibration and people around you are at the lowest? Risking the chances of you slapping me, do you have a meter?

Thinking that the people around have the lowest vibrations - if you're going to mirror - means that you see low vibrations in you. Often people think they have high vibrations because they've packed their heads full of Spiritual stuff but that doesn't make you high vibration. Believe it or not, often thinking you have high vibrations is a 'cause' of low vibrations because you're thinking you're something you're not - call it Spiritual ego if you like, and it's actually a sign of judgement in you. Really, there's no objective way for anyone to tell who is high or low vibration, it's all guesswork and/or judgement.

Do yourself a favour and drop the whole idea of high/low vibration, because really all it'll do is keep your vibrations low. Learn from those with 'low vibrations' because really, low/high vibrations are just labels that will get in the way. When you start learning, becoming more aware, wiser, seeing/perceiving more.... your vibrations raise themselves when you become - become - high vibrational.

We all have a dark side or what Jung would call our 'Shadow Self', it's where the things we don't want to deal with get locked away and forgotten about but never get dealt with properly. Until the day they come back and bite us on the backside. Hiding them to be the epitome of some Spiritual ideal is not being self aware or enlightened.

Here's the biggest secret in Spirituality nobody will tell you; you are the answer looking for the question. Sometimes you have to keep digging away at yourself, or peel back the layers of the onion skin to finally reach the heart. For instance, what are the reasons - not why - you want high vibrations? If it's to make you a better person, what are the reasons you want to be a better person? Are you not good enough? Life has made you into a 'lesser mortal'? Does that mean self esteem is at an all-time low? If your self esteem is low, if you don't think you're a nice person that is what you'll reflect out into the Universe. That's what you'll see reflected in others - low vibration because not thinking very much of yourself is......
Old 21-01-2018, 11:29 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Being a grumpy old git, I get to be cynical but it's realistic. High vibrations usually translates to having a headful of Spiritual stuff, so if you've done enough books and YouTubes then you can consider yourself high vibration; so high vibration that you don't realise all you're doing is labelling yourself. Dontcha just love that stuff?

Quote:
There have been numerous times I have seen very positive members at times say very negative things. They do not for the most part realize how negative it may sound.
There's one question I've never had the answer to in all my years in this forum, talking to so many high vibration people. Please, be the first. What makes positive positive and what makes negative negative? To me, they're just trendy words that have got in the way.
Old 21-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Being a grumpy old git, I get to be cynical but it's realistic. High vibrations usually translates to having a headful of Spiritual stuff, so if you've done enough books and YouTubes then you can consider yourself high vibration; so high vibration that you don't realise all you're doing is labelling yourself. Dontcha just love that stuff?

There's one question I've never had the answer to in all my years in this forum, talking to so many high vibration people. Please, be the first. What makes positive positive and what makes negative negative? To me, they're just trendy words that have got in the way.

Being entrenched in ' duality ' causes the thoughts which bring about negative/positive.
Old 21-01-2018, 12:05 PM
Master
Quote:

All I am saying, is I do not get it. I have no interest in raising my vibrations, My interest in spirituality never began with such an attempt.
My focus was more on, questioning things. Who am I? (This is not a question to anyone here, I have my answer), Why am I here? Yes I read books. Naivety . It helped me then I can say that, but retrospect, now I realize more exactly where I disagree in my view and have begun to actively decide for myself what my beliefs are, do they come from books? While younger the majority did, while older, I realize I question and question and find not the answers so who am I, why am I here? I decide. Once I realized I decide whom I am, was and am to be I realized, my belief system had to change. And I had to be the one whom wrote it out myself. So when I read of an idea- like higher your vibrations or you need to higher your vibrations. My question, for whom? How would you know my level of vibratory frequency dear Master? So there is my answer. For whom. I never thought my vibes were low to begin with.

From what I have learned is positive and negative is suggestive. I am rather talking about something different than what could be taken as an off the cuff bad day response, I am talking more the level of debate, or the rare instances here where a religious member says Witch Craft is Evil! Or where a spiritual member says Religion is mere bigotry. The untrue generalized terms only to incite argument sort of rare posts.

I see no positive in insulting or disrespectful behavior, and will not throw on the rose colored glasses and pretend that it is either right or that it does not exist.

What makes positive positive and negative negative? Reminds me of the days where I had succumb to the thought of Creator, or source, I prefer God but others may have differing terms- was nothing but of evil. I suppose my only answer of what makes positive positive and negative negative, is the level of duality one wishes to suffer. To me it is both. I have learned very profound positive things from some of my shadier emotions, and have seen the true intent or darkness of some of the most self proclaimed positive people.

Like I said, perhaps it is subjective.
Old 21-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
All I am saying, is I do not get it. I have no interest in raising my vibrations, My interest in spirituality never began with such an attempt.
My focus was more on, questioning things. Who am I? (This is not a question to anyone here, I have my answer), Why am I here? Yes I read books. Naivety . It helped me then I can say that, but retrospect, now I realize more exactly where I disagree in my view and have begun to actively decide for myself what my beliefs are, do they come from books? While younger the majority did, while older, I realize I question and question and find not the answers so who am I, why am I here? I decide. Once I realized I decide whom I am, was and am to be I realized, my belief system had to change. And I had to be the one whom wrote it out myself. So when I read of an idea- like higher your vibrations or you need to higher your vibrations. My question, for whom? How would you know my level of vibratory frequency dear Master? So there is my answer. For whom. I never thought my vibes were low to begin with.

I should have been more clear, the 'you' was a more general 'you' and not you personally. I do apologise. Actually we're in the same frame of mind on this one, for me it's interesting to look at other spheres of thought and how they overlap - or not. But sometimes Spirituality isn't about Spirituality.
Quote:
From what I have learned is positive and negative is suggestive. I am rather talking about something different than what could be taken as an off the cuff bad day response, I am talking more the level of debate, or the rare instances here where a religious member says Witch Craft is Evil! Or where a spiritual member says Religion is mere bigotry. The untrue generalized terms only to incite argument sort of rare posts.

I see no positive in insulting or disrespectful behavior, and will not throw on the rose colored glasses and pretend that it is either right or that it does not exist.

What makes positive positive and negative negative? Reminds me of the days where I had succumb to the thought of Creator, or source, I prefer God but others may have differing terms- was nothing but of evil. I suppose my only answer of what makes positive positive and negative negative, is the level of duality one wishes to suffer. To me it is both. I have learned very profound positive things from some of my shadier emotions, and have seen the true intent or darkness of some of the most self proclaimed positive people.

Like I said, perhaps it is subjective.
I've had some real ding-dong discussions here and they've always been interesting in so many ways. When the energies/beliefs are so contrasting it can make the discussion quite interesting. Someone once told me that it's as bad to take offence as it is to give it and it's worked pretty well for me so far.

Are you into Sacred Geometry at all? There's something called the Vesica Pisces, it's the basis for the Christian fish symbol and the Egyptian Eye of Ra to name but two. Basically it's two overlapping circles but the interesting part is in the overlap. Duality/positive and negative is where the circles are so far apart, where they overlap is where Triplex Reality/Trinity happens. "There is this, there is that and there is both." Dichotomy works too.

And yes, it's very subjective - like high and low vibrations. An insightful quote fro one of the computer games I play -"Sometimes people are just people, man."