Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 12-09-2018, 11:29 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
The solo witch

I'm alone and live alone and prefer to be alone. I have searched for the right religion for me, but have experienced that they all tend to cross each other.

I'm reading a lot in The Holy Bible which I like and I pray to a spirit I name father, but he's not particular holy. I don't just hear him, I hear fairies also. So I'm not a christian per se.

I have been practicing some Wicca, and I have an altar and all the equipment for that. Today - after doing some prayers and watching a christian TV-channel, I got a revelation about Wicca vs. Christianity.

As I mention, I'm a solo witch. Christians have their prayers circles, but I don't like to be around people so I pray alone.

The revelation was that wiccans use the same type of circle, but the solo witches cast the circles instead of having real people in a ring around them.

What does this mean?

Well, when you are in front of your altar and are about to cast a circle, think about Hollywood and movies. You know they cast movies. Do the same thing with your circle, cast the circle around the altar with people or animals or other alive or dead things - that are not there for real, but are a part of your imaginary (but still real) protecting circle.

If you don't hear the angels or fairies yourself, then you just have to trust that they are there to help you. Say the names you want to be in your protecting circle before you start your ceremony. You can say it while you use your wand or your atame or what your prefer to cast the circle with. Then it will be both done and said.

It makes me think of a funny comedy sketch that norwegian national TV sends every 23rd of December. It's about an old and rich woman from England that has a table with four imaginary guests that her servant James has to serve and play the part of before every serving. She is making a toast with all her guests, and the servant has to answer while he gets more and more drunk as the sketch goes by. A really funny sketch and a loved tradition to watch in Norway.

That is truly casting a circle :-)
Old 13-09-2018, 02:06 AM
Knower
There are examples of people who create(ed) such circles for personal growth. One example that comes to mind almost immediately is Napoleon Hill. Read about his invisible counselors here. Please ignore the fact that it's on a "manliness" site! It's the best I could find in my limited search for this example - not trying to make you manly - take the info and add the memory as I have for moments like this.

I am glad that you've found a way to practice your own form of spirituality. I believe "religions" are a good starting point for many of us to explore those things we like and dislike, agree and disagree with. I believe it is extremely healthy to mix and match from various religions - I do it liberally myself.

Peace to you on your path, it sounds lonely, but that appears to be the way you like it.